Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

If there ever is a Lear 35A - 2.8...

Hi Folks,

Just in case the developer ever decides to pick up the torch again on the Lear...

A couple issues that might warrant consideration...

• The landing lights do not illuminate the runway on approach...
  • I came across a comment where they stated the ITT on startup rose way too fast...
  • From a Lear 35 pilot I chatted with on AOPA - you should be able to engage "VS" - without "Altitude Select" on...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

From a Lear 35 pilot I chatted with on AOPA - you should be able to engage "VS" - without "Altitude Select" on...

Hi Scott

This the way it works for me with Al's LUA scripts for autopilot. I select ALT SEL after having selected VS, in order to get the oral altitude alert 300ft before raching the targeted altitude. If not it stabilize anayway to the targeted altitude but without oral alert.

si.php?id=1

After watching Flysimware's engine start video it appears that not just the ITT increases too fast, but also the turbine and fan indications.  More like a default FSX engine start.  I may be wrong and the Flysimware engine start may be correct, but  in a video of a real Lear 35 engine start they all seemed to increase more slowly.   Still, it seems to be an excellent add-on.

I use the Saitek hardware cockpit and on the Multi box, once I have an ALT SEL entered (the hardware matches the AP panel exactly), I can use the VS to initiate the climb or descent and just tweak the fpm for the climb or descent angle I like. I usually punch in the SPD button to hold 0.70 M for a normal climb at altitude.

I like the extra climb power of the Learjet 35 as compared to the CJ2 or S/II.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hi Folks,

• Could we get a few more pixels in width for the Angle of Attack gauge needle to make it more readable ?
Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

Please add an "Arm" switch on the Control Wheel, so we can adjust VS without disengaging AFCS.

Also are those Ammeters working? They are pinned at 20 Amps the whole time, even befre start with everything on?  Small detail I guess? :wink:

Cheers

David

David,

Just to clear up any confusion, the "Arm" button you mention is related to stabilizer pitch trim function in the aircraft.It is required to be depressed when actuating pitch trim with the control wheel barrel knob and it is integrated within it. When ever you press the button and move the knob you are activating stabilizer trim and that would automatically disengage the auto pilot if active. Moving the knob without pressing the button would cancel any a SPD, VS or ALT active mode and you would revert to AFCS pitch mode for an attitude change if the auto pilot was engaged.

In the real world the arm button it is a certification requirement for the primary pitch trim system. This is one of the limitations with sim's when buttons or switches can have different modes of operation.

Gary Stewart

Thanks again Gary.

Currently, in the sim, when requiring a pitch change to set up a vertical speed, if the VS, ALT SEL and ENG AFCS modes are in, moving the trim knob ( a 4 way hat on my Saitek x55) does not alter pitch. There is the requirement to disconnect the VS mode by pressing the VS button on the UFC.

So I was wondering if we could have an "arm" button. But on the other hand I suppose disengaging the VS, then setting pitch via trim, then re setting VS via the UFC will have to do.

Since we don't require a certified aircraft in the sim it may be just "guilding the Lilly":-)

It becomes easier to achieve with a voice controlled AI co pilot. Either by LUA scripts and Voice Attack, or ideally Multi Crew Experience, of which I am a fan!

The Flysimware team obviously care a great deal about their products. You only have to look at the upgrades list over the past year to see an impressive array of improvements and fixes! I admire that in a developer!:-)

Best Regards.

David

Hi Folks,

Minor...

• No switch sound on Recognition Lights

Regards,
Scott

Hi Folks,

Minor...

• No switch sound on Recognition Lights

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott,

I get switch sounds with both the Recognition and Landing lights whether I'm using the mouse or the Lua scripts (this is in FSX). Make sure you have the correct selection under Settings\Sound in whatever sim you are using.

Al

Hi Al,

Hmm - this is P3D 3.4 - - - the landing lights - strobes - and other switches all seem to click - I'll try the recce lights manually next time - I'm hooked on your LUA scripts and seldom reach for the mouse anymore...

:Tounge:

Regards.
Scott

I get no switch sound for the anti-skid switch....all the rest of mine work fine.

Brent

• Starboard outer cowling texture on the paintkit misses the access latches

No click sound for the anti-skid switch (or too quiet?)

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

• The landing lights do not illuminate the runway on approach...
  • I came across a comment where they stated the ITT on startup rose way too fast...

I can't leave these two uncommented:

• The Lear uses a custom landing light splash, which, for the sake of efficiency has been kept simple to only compensate for pitch. Making the splash fully adjustable, movable, etc... splash is a PITA beyond everything and will awfully increase model complexity as well as resource use.

Or it's reverting to the default landing light splashes.

• ITT uses the default FSX variable, which is fairly borked and no one really knows how its values are calculated. If "ITT rise" also describes the general engine, spooling, see the mod pack for a mild remedy.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days