Sign in to follow this  
caaront

UH 1 Rotor whoomp sound is in and out, and starts late.

Instead of hearing it as you raise the collective you are already 50' in the air before it kicks in then it goes in and out completely, ruining the effect.

I cannot imagine doing a video with sound.

Aaron Tirrell

perhaps getting on the support forums for this issue?

• Upvote 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Instead of hearing it as you raise the collective you are already 50' in the air before it kicks in then it goes in and out completely, ruining the effect.

I cannot imagine doing a video with sound.

The main rotor is fairly quiet while in translational lift, then it has a little more noise.  Most of the sound heard on the UH-1s is actually related to the tail rotor.   But then again I could be wrong I only have 3,000 hours in UH-1s. :smile: 

blaustern 

• Upvote 3

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

In any case, potential buyers may like to have a feedback on this issue, on a forum which is not for buyers only. I do.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

You just did above...  

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Waiting for word.

The main rotor is fairly quiet while in translational lift, then it has a little more noise.  Most of the sound heard on the UH-1s is actually related to the tail rotor.   But then again I could be wrong I only have 3,000 hours in UH-1s. :smile:

blaustern 

Thanks, but the sound is definitely cutting in and out.

It says at the top, Milvis Support Forum.

And I am waiting the email from Milviz to be registered over there, went through the proper procedures, just waiting, but thought maybe someone here might have had the same thing happen to them and could help me.

Aaron Tirrell

I guess it might be the tail rotor I am hearing which would explain the difference in volume here and there, plus it is the same in the Milviz videos.

I guess it is all fine.

Aaron Tirrell

Cannot be right, made a little video, but have to go to eat with family now, will post in the next day or two.

Aaron Tirrell

Sounds about right to me - ....as a layman. The slap seems to be occurring mostly when you move the cyclic, then it really kicks in near the end of the vid when you're descending - pulling back cyclic to slow down and presumably adding collective as you do so.

Bluestar will know for sure.  :wink:

However, check this real uh-1 video out. Filmed from the interior, just like your vid. Starting at about 4min 55, there's no blade slap for about 3 minutes! I guess it all depends upon the wind and how you're flying the bird...

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Sounds about right to me -

The sound you hear in the back of the cabin is not what is heard by the pilots.  The pilots mainly hear the transmission, hydraulic and fuel pump whine, and the engine whine.  The blade sound is abeam the transmission.  The pilot's helmets will muffle most of the sound also. 

Just a bit of trivia, that "H" is actually a converted "D". :smile: 

blaustern

• Upvote 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Hi Aaron

Have you read the bladeslapSND readme which comes with the Milviz heli documentation ? It works for me as described there.  

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

It says at the top, Milvis Support Forum.

And I am waiting the email from Milviz to be registered over there, went through the proper procedures, just waiting, but thought maybe someone here might have had the same thing happen to them and could help me.

As suggested by Milviz  I recommend reading the sub forum description

Military Visualization's unofficial support and update forum where owners of the MILVIZ products can get support and feedback from their fellow MILVIZ product owners. Official support can be obtained at the MILVIZ website.

This way you can ensure the quality of the advice from people who developed it ie file structures, coding etc etc rather than someones advice that could make things worse

• Upvote 1

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA