Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

Plane Rocks Around and is not Lining up with Runway

Hi,

I've posted here not too long ago, in another thread, about how my aircraft was not lining up with the runway correctly. I was told to download and run the registry fix and the ILS/Runway Regional Updates for world. The first time I had this problem, I would get a localizer green, or capture, and the ND would indicate that I was not lined up with the runway and I was to the left of runway centerline. After running the registry fix, that seem to have solved the problem. This time, I'm making an approach to JFK International on ISL runway 22R. I've tried this on 2 different aircrafts and it does the same thing. I'm flying on auto-pilot and get a localizer capture. This time, the ND indicates that the aircraft is perfectly lined up with the runway but I am way to the right of center. A few seconds after glideslope capture and the airplane has stabilize on the approach, the airplane starts to buffet, or rock round, as though I was flying in some turbulence, which I'm not, and all of a sudden takes a dive to keep up with the glideslope beam. I know full well that the ILS glideslope at JFK does NOT have this type of characteristic and my aircraft should stay at a constant 3 degrees angle without having to make sudden moves and being way off to the right of centerline. The new problem I have is that the airplane would all of sudden start buffeting, or rocking around as though I'm flying into turbulence, and I do not have my Weather settings set for that. What's the problem here? I hope I don't have to re-install the simulator just to fix this problem. By the way, I did install a demo of JFK but I uninstalled it and I'm now using the stock airport

Ken Manning

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The ILS 22R is offset by 3 degrees in real life, so there is no problem, you'll just need to hand fly the final part of the course visually. When in doubt, check the charts as some airports have offset ILS approaches.

Also the reason there is no CATII OR CATIII for that runway.

As for your other problems it's hard to say. Are you using ASN or AS16? If so, it could be the settings for wake turbulence.

Does ILS inspector report any issues? From the same chap who provides the world regional updates - Herve Sors.