Sign in to follow this  
AirborneZed

Froogle's first look at the 747v3

The Beta Team is predominantly simmers who approach simming differently

Soooooo......need any more of those other perspectives?? LOL KIDDING! I'm not worthy to join the team! LMAO

How so?

Ok, ambiguity, I'll clarify.

The claim was that Froogle compromised his integrity by being a beta tester for PMDG, and as such that position influences his judgment, i.e. he would say nice things about the 747 v3, not because the product merits it, but because he benefits from it in some unspecified way, unless one assumes that early access to the product is the benefit.

Now, I'm not sure how many others follow this approach, but I like George Polya's approach to solving problems, what are your assumptions, and are those reasonable?

So let's look at some of the more pertinent assumptions involved in making the above claim about Froogle's integrity, and here we are only trying to identify assumptions, we are not yet commenting on whether they conform to reality or not.

1. PMDG chooses beta testers on the basis of, among other things, a willingness to put a positive spin on a product, regardless of whether the product merits positive reviews or not.

1.1 PMDG is more concerned about positive publicity about their products than they are about the actual quality of their products, and so offer incentives to beta testers to ignore flaws and focus on positive things only.

1.2 PMDG is prepared to sell products that they know are flawed.

1.3 PMDG shows little concern for the quality or accuracy of their products.

Now, are these assumptions reasonable? I think there is enough evidence available about how PMDG select their development team to know that 1 is a absolutely NOT a reasonable assumption. Why select qualified type rated pilots for the development team when you are simply going to hand it over to a bunch of yes men for beta testing followed by no consideration for whether customers notice that the product performs nothing like it was claimed to operate by Beta testers. And one would expect to see a plethora of topics complaining about how the product performs nothing like the beta testers said it did, if this were in fact the case. But that is not what one sees.

1.1 makes no sense in view of the refutation of 1. It makes even less sense when one considers the number of free service packs PMDG releases to fix things that did slip through. So, if there is well established proof that PMDG fixes errors on an ongoing basis and even adding additional functionality (weather radar, 777 improved VAS usage) when those become possible, then 1.1 cannot be true, and as such, 1.1 is also not a reasonable assumption.

1.2 and 1.3 failed the moment 1 and 1.1 were shown to be unreasonable and as such they cannot stand on their own.

There is one other assumption one can make about Froogle compromising his integrity, but that would show a casual disregard for accuracy of any sort.

I hope that clarifies why I said that a Beta tester providing false information about the product would undermine the entire Beta testing process. I think it goes without saying that neither PMDG nor their Beta testers have a mindset of, this product is basically flawed, but hey, let's all call it great and flog it in any case. I think Froogle's integrity was needlessly criticised here.

Ok, I just read Kyle's response and noticed that I confused tech team with Beta testers, I'll fix that factual error, but wanted to post the admission before anyone responded to the above post.

• Upvote 2

1.  I was going to put up a video in between all of the things I have to do today, but I'm not entirely sure I want to at 

Don't mind the spoiled kiddies that are always unhappy no matter what you do.

People like me appreciate it all so bring it on :)

• Upvote 1

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Just a little addendum Francois, as Kyle stated in his post the Tech team is made up mostly of rated pilots and maintainers while the Beta team is primarily simmers with a few pilots here and there. Other then that spot on, couldn't agree more!

I'm deleting it.

Can't read today.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

1. How do you figure that one out?
1.1 Look at point 1.
1.2 you must be a troll from competition or something seriously. Did you ever fly PMDG plane?
1.3 LOL.

I think you've missed the context of Francois' argument

1. How do you figure that one out?

1.1 Look at point 1.

1.2 you must be a troll from competition or something seriously. Did you ever fly PMDG plane?

1.3 LOL.

**PLEASE remember this is a VIDEO GAME.

I think you missed the point of his post, he was refuting those points. Re-read it.

I think you missed the point of his post, he was refuting those points. Re-read it.

I did. Deleted my entry. 

I can't understand English today.

My bad.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Just a little addendum Francois, as Kyle stated in his post the Tech team is made up mostly of rated pilots and maintainers while the Beta team is primarily simmers with a few pilots here and there. Other then that spot on, couldn't agree more!

Yep, I spotted that the moment I read Kyle's post and revised the initial refutation of 1. The content of the argument changes on the basis of that correction, but the conclusion remains unaffected.

I felt a bit silly after I read that.

Jean-Pierre,

Hmmm...think you better make this a new thread, because I think a lot of people - in their Quest for finding out a release date - oversee this absolutely amazing link to a stunning 2 hour beta video of the 747 v3...

Thank you very, very much for making this  :smile:

Hmmm...after seeing another 2 hour beta video I suddenly found out that this video is made by Aaron Buchanan and not you. Still, thank you very, very much for sharing it! But credit where credit's due  :wink:  And for the one's who are not checked in on this jet...ehm...yet, here's the link again to mr. Buchanan's video's: https://www.twitch.tv/lomaric/videos/all

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit