Sign in to follow this  
keenrw

Drzewiecki Design set to snub FS9

Correct Paul. I have been through most of the sims, from FS2000 & even the one that came on floppy's. I tried FSX on my i5 4meg ram laptop & spent hours/days/months fiddling & tweaking to get it anywhere near the performance of my FS2004. P3Dv1.4 (i think) was better, that was the only version that would run on my laptop, as I only had DX10 hardware, & not DX11.

So, my FS2004 works like a charm. I have 3x versions.. a so called normal version, a Golden Wings version (for all the older stuff) & a version using all the scenery & stuff from the "Ford Tr-Motor Project".

I'm using  & Howard's TNW & will install Full Enviroment 9 (FE9_v1_3.zip) into that install. There I also have all Milton's (& team's) stuff as well as most of Mike Stone's planes, as well as most of Bill Lyons's planes.

So, I have amzing scenery & planes, all freeware (as a matter of principle) & sloping runways, ramps & even a circular runway as well. even a floating runway, on the back of a blimp.

I must admit that, over the years, I got tired & bored with the usual point to point flights, & this install keeps me busy having loads of fun. That's what our hobby should be. Doing that, as well as driving around & checking out the scenery, certainly does not make me a lessor simmer than those that fly by the numbers. We are all entitled to get what we want out of our hobby.

So, sad to see that payware developers are moving away from us, BUT, there are loads of guys still giving us lots of fun stuff.

:hi:  :hi:  :hi:  :hi:  :hi: 

Cheers,

Robin

• Upvote 2

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

For goodness sake, :aggressive:   :Talking Ear Off:  how many times must we have guys playing 'Big Brother' & policing us & telling us what we can or cannot do??

​It's a flipping game, & whatever WE want to do is up to us to decide, we do not need trolls to admonish us at all!!

However much one may disagree with what an EULA says it is not a good idea to advocate ignoring or violating it.  The developer has a reason for the way it has been worded and anyone not agreeing to it should not purchase the product.

And, "Yes!", I am taking the moral high ground!!

Dijvid

Not the time, place nor forum.

But, thank you for telling us.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

I have no intention of getting embroiled in the silly squabbling on this thread. I'm only going to simply say thank you to Drzewiecki Design for all their wonderful products and for sticking with FS9 long after most major developers moved on to more lucrative markets.

• Upvote 4

I have no intention of getting embroiled in the silly squabbling on this thread. I'm only going to simply say thank you to Drzewiecki Design for all their wonderful products and for sticking with FS9 long after most major developers moved on to more lucrative markets.

+1

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Joe Esposito

+1

• Upvote 1

+1 ...too busy flying.  :p0503:

• Upvote 1

To change the subject just a bit, can someone please answer me this question. Why is it that the European airport designers far exceed any designers here in the States? Seriously. The detail, quality, and frame rates are incredible. I often fly many of the UK2000 extreme airports in our full sim and they blow away any airport designed in the US. Just curious.

Mitch

Strangly, there are very large Russian & Chinese communitee's out there, with really amazing scenery add-ons, that we do not even hear about.  

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Strangly, there are very large Russian & Chinese communitee's out there, with really amazing scenery add-ons, that we do not even hear about.  

Yes, I've downloaded some China airports and they are top end. I would add Turkey to the list too.

Mark Daniels

Yes, I've downloaded some China airports and they are top end. I would add Turkey to the list too.

Where to get them? Especially Turkey would be great for me!

Will feed over the weekend, thank you guys!

Crap. There's a cop standing outside my window right now. He clearly just saw the P3D splash screen and heard me say "yeehaw!!" Going to the clinker now boys!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->LOLOLOLOLOLOL~