Sign in to follow this  
chickster25

New graphics card for FS9

Hi all,

I am looking to get a new PC to run FS9 as good as can be. I have so much investment in FS9 and would rather use that at a really nice FPS than try and chase P3D to run well.

So with graphics cards moving on, im now stuck with the following choices

GTX 750 Ti

GTX 970

GTX 1060

GTX 1070

please let me know if you have any experience running FS9 with any of these cards in triple screen.

I also intend to get Win 7 64 bit. I am a bit stick as I was running VGA with triplehead2go and was intending to carry on this way as I also use a splitter to use my screens with other PCs. If I go with any card other than the 750, they offer triple screens without needing to use the TH2G but I will lose use of my splitter and will manually have to move display cables.

It would be good to know if there are any issues with these cards and FS9 so I can eliminate them from my choice.

Thanks

All four are overkill for FS9, buy the cheapest if you have no intention of moving on from FS9 in the future.

I agree with Glynn.

There was an article in PC Pilot [flight sim magazine herein the UK] about graphics cards for FS9 and FSX in which they concluded that buying the latest and greatest cards could possibly have a negative effect on the sim.  I have an NVidia GTX 560 Ti which is light years old but does the job nicely and I see that they can still be bought on eBay for a very reasonable price.

Dijvid

An nVidia GTS 250 does quite well for FS9 and is more than ample. It actually worked well for FSX also but would get killed in P3D.

I agree however that for FS9 and even to FSX to some extent, outrageous video cards don't really help. FS9 and FSX are more about CPU clock speed and fast RAM.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator