Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Runway 25R KLAX

I installed the latest AIRAC cycle 1613 from Navigraph a few days and I now have no NAVDATA for Runway 25R at KLAX.  If I set up a flight plan in the Phenom 300 or the PMDG 737NGX (only ones tried so far), there is no ILS data for Runway 25R.  It just shows 25R (versus ILS 25R) or it doesn't show up at all as a runway available to land.  Just wondering if others are seeing this.  I know for a fact the data was in the last cycle as I used it frequently to land at KLAX.  That's upsetting the data was lost in the new cycle.  Does anyone know the developer at Navigraph and put some pressure on him to put it back?  I can contact him too but want to get a verification first.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

If I'm reading these NOTAMs correctly, KLAX 25R is currently closed to landings (until February 1, 2017) and ILS is out of service (until May 6, 2017).  Navdata might be reflecting that.

!LAX 10/136 LAX RWY 07L/25R CLSD TO LDG 1610241330-1702010759EST
!LAX 10/123 LAX RWY 25R RWY STATUS LGT SYSTEM OUT OF SERVICE 1610211600-1705062200
!LAX 08/145 LAX NAV ILS RWY 25R OUT OF SERVICE 1608191500-1705062200

KLAX NOTAMs available here.  

• Upvote 1

Hi Alan,

That certainly explains the reason why the ILS is not shown.  Shows how real the Navigraph data. Thanks Alan for finding the information and explaining it to me!

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

No problem.  Actually, I'm not a regular tubeliner flyer and I'd almost certainly have missed that myself - only decided to check because you raised the question.  Note to self - one more set of data to review before filing the next flightplan...

Note to self - one more set of data to review before filing the next flightplan...

LOL!  This is getting more difficult than setting up to swing a golf club (head down, slight bend in knees, hands placed correctly on grip of club and not too tight and not too loose, feet positioned horizonal to target with ball centered or near left foot depending on the shot or whether you are on a flat surface or hitting down from the side of the slope or looking up on a slope, etc., etc., etc.).... :smile:

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

This is getting more difficult than setting up to swing a golf club

you need  to breathe out  not  in  during  your  swing is  the reason  your having  issues :)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

you need  to breathe out  not  in  during  your  swing is  the reason  your having  issues :)

Ah!  Forgot that.  When 25R at LAX is reopened, I'll start breathing out again!

Submit News to AVSIM

LOL!  This is getting more difficult than setting up to swing a golf club...

Thanks for reminding me why I'm grateful I never took up golf.

Now if I could just deal with my flightsim problem....  B)

Just copy and paste the LAX data in your back up folder into the active if you want the ILS data for 25R.

Cheers

Steve Hall

Just copy and paste the LAX data in your back up folder into the active if you want the ILS data for 25R.

An excellent idea and will take a look at that possibility.  Most likely though I will probably wait until the runway reopens.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Often, the most simple answers are the most brilliant! ☺

If it is any consolation the inboard runways (25R and 24L) are normally used for departures and the outboards (25L and 24R) for arrivals. Of course you can get a side step to the inboards from time to time for improved traffic sequencing.

Cheers

Steve Hall

If it is any consolation the inboard runways (25R and 24L) are normally used for departures and the outboards (25L and 24R) for arrivals. Of course you can get a side step to the inboards from time to time for improved traffic sequencing

I was just about to mention that.  In my dozens of landings at KLAX, we've never landed on the inners (just as it is at all major US airports).  When you have a 4 parallel runway config, this is how it should be for both efficiency and safety.  

When you think about it, if departing flight had to taxi across the inner to get to the outer for departure, that is a recipe for a collision if nobody is paying attention as you have a landing plane with a nose-up attitude for landing, and limited vis close in for the departing flight.

With departing on the inners and arrival on the outers, even if an arriving flight crossed the inner runway when a plane was on its takeoff roll, it's typically further enough down the runway that the departing flight is usually getting airborne before that point.  Not always of course, but the odds for a collision are much less with the way it is set up.

Sorry for the diatribe, but I have to feel I got my money's worth for that airport design course I took an Embry when I was getting my bachelors, LOL.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg