andreadebiase

Course selector changing alone...normal or bug?

Recommended Posts

I was on final to EDDR on 26R with my course selector set on 259 (as per FCM recommended course) and as soon as i clicked on VOR LOC to intercept the localizer the course digits changed to 257 alone which is not the correct course (I assume). So i disarmed VOR LOC and manually set it again on 259, armed the VOR LOC and again alone moved to 257. The third time i did this it finally stayed on 259 and i was perfectly aligned with the runway. Is this normal or a bug? (win 10 and P3d here).

thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,

 

Yes, it is normal. You must simply have the option "SET FSX LOC CRS" set to ON, which means that the LOC course is automatically set to the one of fsx if it is different from the one in the nav database (Intro manual p. 0.00.88). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:40 AM, Budbud said:

Hi,

 

Yes, it is normal. You must simply have the option "SET FSX LOC CRS" set to ON, which means that the LOC course is automatically set to the one of fsx if it is different from the one in the nav database (Intro manual p. 0.00.88). 

Can you help me again? I can't find how to set it ON the FSX LOC CRS of PMDG 747 v2, 747 v3 and 777. From FMC? If so, what page exactly?

Edited by trisho0
correcting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NGX FMC Simulation configuration page 2/3 (Introduction page 00.00.88);  B747v3 FMC Simulation configuration page 1/10 (Introduction page 00.00.98).

 

Jim Erwin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Jim Erwin said:

NGX FMC Simulation configuration page 2/3 (Introduction page 00.00.88);  B747v3 FMC Simulation configuration page 1/10 (Introduction page 00.00.98).

 

Jim Erwin

Many thanks .....already checked and it appears to be set ON by default in both 747 v3 and 777. I don't see where to find from 747 v2

Edited by trisho0
additions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

747 v2 or v3?  The v2 is the legacy product.  The v3 is the QOTSII, I know confusing.  Wait until you see what the call the replacement for the NGX.

The v2 did not use the CDU for menu items, and its been so long since I used that product I'm not sure if the settings were available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, downscc said:

I used that product I'm not sure if the settings were available.

Nope, not available for v2 and it is legacy as you said, you are right. I have both v2 and v3 installed in FSX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now