Sign in to follow this  
Rockliffe

Cannot start P3D

Can anyone offer any advice? Unsure what has gone on, but I installed P3D last week and then today I went to start it and found I couldn't. I get this message.

I can't remember, but I may have done a registry clean. Yeah I know, I'd been having all manner of issues with a fresh install. It's driving me round the bend so I was desperate. Could this be the problem. I'd rather not do a reinstall if I can avoid it. Anyone? Cheers.

P3D.png

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Try deleting your p3d.cfg and your start-up scenario file and see if that helps.

Hi Howard

I had the same problem and deleted my start-up scenario xml located here:

c:\Users\My Name\App Data\Local\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3d V3\Prepar3d_Default.fxml

Here's a reference from the LM forum:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120443

It resolved my issue.

The lovely Poppet to the rescue.

Hi Howard

I had the same problem and deleted my start-up scenario xml located here:

c:\Users\My Name\App Data\Local\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3d V3\Prepar3d_Default.fxml

Here's a reference from the LM forum:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120443

It resolved my issue.

The lovely Poppet to the rescue.

Hi Erich, I followed your advice and link, but with no success  :unknw:

but I may have done a registry clean

The message you see here is exactly caused from Using Reg Cleaners,  Some of these Cleaners are pretty Intrusive and can go deep into your system and remove Product Information from Software that's currently Installed as apposed to Uninstalled Empty Keys  

Last week I was doing some Maneuvers in the Register editor as i was trying to Replicate this very message.  

================

Basically you have an Issue with one of your Product Keys in either  ProductsComponents Or Dependencies In your Reg editor

I'm not a fan of Repairing,  So Uninstall your the Prepar3D Client in your Control Panel and then Reinstall the Install_Cleint.msi

If you are having Issues doing the above due to this message you are seeing, let me know and i will walk you through some steps 

The message you see here is exactly caused from Using Reg Cleaners,  Some of these Cleaners are pretty Intrusive and can go deep into your system and remove Product Information from Software that's currently Installed as apposed to Uninstalled Empty Keys  

Last week I was doing some Maneuvers in the Register editor as i was trying to Replicate this very message.  

================

Basically you have an Issue with one of your Product Keys in either  ProductsComponents Or Dependencies In your Reg editor

I'm not a fan of Repairing,  So Uninstall your the Prepar3D Client in your Control Panel and then Reinstall the Install_Cleint.msi

If you are having Issues doing the above due to this message you are seeing, let me know and i will walk you through some steps 

Hi Elaine, do you mean do a fresh reinstall of P3D?

She said  "JUST Install the Client MSI"

She said  "JUST Install the Client MSI"

Sure, I'm unfamiliar with what the client MSI is.

Oh don't do that  :) 

We will Uninstall and Reinstall the Client Component  (Your Prepar3D Licence) 

1 Go to your Control Panel "Uninstall a Program"  Right Click on Prepar3D v3 Client Click Uninstall.   Navigate to your Prepar3D v3 Download folder. Right Click on Install_Client.msi,  Click Install

When the Process has finished.  Restart your Computer.

29433575410_0e973a23b7_o.png

1 Go to your Control Panel "Uninstall a Program"  Right Click on Prepar3D v3 Client Click Uninstall.   Navigate to your Prepar3D v3 Download folder. Right Click on Install_Client.msi,  Click Install

Hi Elaine, that's good of you to reply so concisely. I will have to sort this out tomorrow, as I am just about to go out. I will report back after I have followed your advice. Thanks.

Hi Erich, I followed your advice and link, but with no success 

Howard, I've actually just seen the attached pic you posted in your first message which didn't display on my work PC - which is clearly a different issue to the one I had..  Apologies for the duff advice

Howard, I've actually just seen the attached pic you posted in your first message which didn't display on my work PC - which is clearly a different issue to the one I had..  Apologies for the duff advice

No sweat. I'll no doubt get it sorted tomorrow.

Hi Elaine, I don't know what has gone on, but there is no reference to P3D anywhere in my 'programs & features' window. I think I have screwed something up somewhere along the line. Will I have to reinstall P3D? If so, what is the best procedure of removing everything if I cannot access anything in the 'programs & features panel?

It seems the reason why you cant see any of the Prepar3D Entries in your Control Panel is because your Installer\Product\Components Keys have been Removed\Deleted *maybe* by your Register Cleaner.

It is these specific Keys that, No1: Show you (Log) the Entries in your Control Panel,  No2: Log your Licence Details,  No3: Tell the Setup.exe or Client Installer weather Prepar3D is already Installed OR not when you run it.  Keeping No 3 in mind it is *possible* if you run the Installer again for Prepar3D Setup.exe or Client It wont see your Previous Prepar3D and will Install No problem if this is the case you would point the Installer to your Original Prepar3D folder But of course it will Over write any of your Add On Modified Default files ( Just Like running a repair) Not a problem at all.   Its also possible when you run the Installer you will be given an option to Repair Just click Repair and it will sort it for you. 

What to do first........

Install the Components individually (In this order)   Note: You may be given an Option to Repair,  Just click Repair 

Right Click on Install_Client.msi Click Install    

Right Click on Install_Content.msi Click Install

Right Click on Install_Scenery.msi Click Install

Restart your computer

Try that and come back to me. 

It seems the reason why you cant see any of the Prepar3D Entries in your Control Panel is because your Installer\Product\Components Keys have been Removed\Deleted *maybe* by your Register Cleaner.

It is these specific Keys that, No1: Show you (Log) the Entries in your Control Panel,  No2: Log your Licence Details,  No3: Tell the Setup.exe or Client Installer weather Prepar3D is already Installed OR not when you run it.  Keeping No 3 in mind it is *possible* if you run the Installer again for Prepar3D Setup.exe or Client It wont see your Previous Prepar3D and will Install No problem if this is the case you would point the Installer to your Original Prepar3D folder But of course it will Over write any of your Add On Modified Default files ( Just Like running a repair) Not a problem at all.   Its also possible when you run the Installer you will be given an option to Repair Just click Repair and it will sort it for you. 

What to do first........

Install the Components individually (In this order)   Note: You may be given an Option to Repair,  Just click Repair 

Restart your computer

Thanks Elaine. I'll see how I get on and report back. Thanks.

It's also entirely possible that without the license info in the registry, the uninstall will not successfully re-enable your license for another install automatically, in which case you'll have to initiate a support ticket with LM to get that back.

Good luck, and ditch that reg cleaner!

It's also entirely possible that without the license info in the registry, the uninstall will not successfully re-enable your license for another install automatically, in which case you'll have to initiate a support ticket with LM to get that back.

Good luck, and ditch that reg cleaner!

Sure Bob, I have to admit, this was the first and last time I have used a reg cleaner!

Sure Bob, I have to admit, this was the first and last time I have used a reg cleaner!

Been using C Cleaner for more years than I can remember on several computers never had one problem.. 

What to do first........

Restart your computer

Hi Elaine, that seems to have worked a treat. Many thanks for your help, appreciated.

• Upvote 1