Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D V3.4 Hotfix 2 Released v 3.4 ( 19475 )

I have conducted a long-range flight from LSZH (FS Dreamteam) to WSSS (MyTraffic 6 AFCAD) with the new hotfix using the Level-D B767. These were my settings and add-ons:

- ORBX FTX Global, OpenLC EU, Vector (everything activated), ORBX Trees HD

- XClass LC Africa/Asia

- MyTraffic 5.4B

- ENVTEX clouds/skies + PTA shader tweak

- AS2016

- Scenery complexity extremely dense, Autogen density very dense

- LOD 4.5, Airline traffic 25%, GA Traffic 15%, Airport ground traffic medium, 40% road/boat/ship traffic, 2048px texture resolution

Takeoff 21:03 GMT, Landing circa 09:27 GMT  (flight time almost 12:30 hours)

VAS on loading scenery in LSZH: ca. 2300 MB

VAS after taxi before takeoff:  ca. 2600 MB

During the cruise flight, VAS fluctuated between 2480 MB and 2540 MB

After landing and during taxi in WSSS, VAS reached a peak value of 2630 MB.

I can't say that I had a problem with VAS before the hotfix, but overall, the consumption has been very constant over the whole flight. Can't complain about the values given the settings in combination with the used add-ons.

After the update i have a CTD. i've got a short warning about the Nvidia drivers. The message was very short so i cannot remember the exact info.

What is the best working N-vidia driver so far.

Thanks,

Regards Jovabra

Jovabra,

Which Nvidia driver version are you using?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

FSLabs Spotlights new download up now and fully compatible with HF2 - not installed the latest hot fix yet, how is it compared to VAS in 3.3 and performance overall? Any improvements?

Vonmar,

My Nvidia driver is version 376.33 from 12/14/2016

mine is 376.09 it is ok.

Best Regards,

After the update i have a CTD. i've got a short warning about the Nvidia drivers. The message was very short so i cannot remember the exact info.

What is the best working N-vidia driver so far.

Thanks,

Regards Jovabra

Maybe your driver crashed.

I changed the drivers to some old-one's but no joy. Tomorrow i remove P3D and then a new fresh installation

I changed the drivers to some old-one's but no joy. Tomorrow i remove P3D and then a new fresh installation

Nvidia site has older drivers as well as current one.

Why not download a fresh copy of an older driver?

Best Regards,

This hotfix is Not compatible with SLI.

There is an nVidia driver problem, if you go back to older drivers 373.06 then SLI works just fine in any V3.x P3D version.  This isn't NEW ... many threads on nVidia breaking SLI support with more recent drivers ... this is the exact reason why I moved from two Titan X's to a single Titan X Pascal ... life's too short to wait for nVidia to come up with a fix or for nVidia to tell LM how to change the D3D code so it will work with newer nVidia drivers (that process took over a year last time around).

It's certainly disappointing to see nVidia break compatibility, but the work around for SLI users is to load older drivers ... certainly not an optimal solution.  But this has nothing to do with HF2, SLI was broken long before that.

Cheers, Rob.

There is an nVidia driver problem, if you go back to older drivers 373.06 then SLI works just fine in any V3.x P3D version.  This isn't NEW ... many threads on nVidia breaking SLI support with more recent drivers ... this is the exact reason why I moved from two Titan X's to a single Titan X Pascal ... life's too short to wait for nVidia to come up with a fix or for nVidia to tell LM how to change the D3D code so it will work with newer nVidia drivers (that process took over a year last time around).

It's certainly disappointing to see nVidia break compatibility, but the work around for SLI users is to load older drivers ... certainly not an optimal solution.  But this has nothing to do with HF2, SLI was broken long before that.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, you are mistaken.  I suggest you follow this link and you will find that the new hotfix makes the program inoperable, much more than just the preceeding flashing smoke/wake/mist effect.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/500111-p3d-update-broke-working-sli/

I can confirm that 373.06 does NOT work in SLI with the new update. My prior 372.80 which did work pre update is also now broken. Something is borked with the update which trashes drivers that USED to work in SLI.

I have not had a chance to test the setting Beau posted.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors