Sign in to follow this  
Greggy_D

TFDi 717 Releasing on Dec 22nd at 6:00pm Eastern (2300z)

Hi folks:

I'm sorry, don't want to be misread here. I don't want to do anything different than ask and demand -as customer-, very good quality products, and willing to pay for them. Of course, I have nothing against TFDi, don't have any reason to do so. What I'm against of, is the seemengly current trend of some developers rushing their products to the market and advertising them as if they were ready, when they were not meticulously tested, and what most people did not have realized yet, is that the number of those developers is increasing lately, and not only for aircraft but for all types of add-ons.

All products have a development cycle that should be respected and a beta team that should be meticulously chosen to represent at its best the vast majority of setups existent on the market. Our hobby is becoming more and more interesting as we have more competition, but that competition have to do with more quality products, more efficiency, and of course, with a positive attitude from our side - the customers - to be open to tolerate some minor bugs at the beginning, considering these as normal and acceptable (and read well, minor or rather quickly resolved bugs).

The most important IMO is that the developers should read well, and understand what they're doing wrong and change that rather quickly, otherwise they'll be left out of the market. I suppose we are here to enjoy the hobby, ask and demand super-excellent quality products and super-willing to pay for them, but without doing any beta testing ourselves, aren't we?.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Guest JustanotherPilot

Weren't we all warned before purchase, by the developer, that is was an unfinished product and still buggy. Yes is has it's problems, but kudos to TFDi, they are proactive in addressing issues. I enjoy flying it, bugs and all, reassured knowing that eventually it will be an excellent addition to my airliner collection.

Well, after two weeks after its release, I wonder if people are thinking this is now more "perfect" than before?. Or, maybe some people are still thinking the devs should have left more time to continue improving the aircraft?.

As far I've read on the TFDi forums, the MCDU and AP have still lots of bugs (vertical profile speeds and waypoints not correctly calculated and missing, ILS capturing horribly simulated, etc.), apart of some other systems and parts of the product not yet modeled, whose list was offered since day one, but as of today is still non-existent, unless the list is so extensive that would require weeks to be prepared?.

Just thinking!.

Cheers, Ed

Personally I think it's worth the cost in it's current form. I've made several full flights with very few issues. The fact that the development team are working so hard to improve it further is a fantastic bonus.   Postive thinking makes one's life more enjoyable :smile:

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

As the release announcement thread from several weeks ago, this has run its course.  Please start new topic-oriented threads for further discussion of this add-on.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case