Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

Official PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II Livery List

Updated.

Added Air Canada - C-GAGL - Red Tail / White Maple (Early 90s), and Air Canada - C-GAGN - Black Tail / Red Maple (Late 90s).

Kyle Rodgers

Im not usually one to request this or that. but will there be a non descript white one? I dont always want to fly for a specific airline, and quite like doing my own thing...

​Liam Reynolds

and I'm curious about your banner Kyle!

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

Im not usually one to request this or that. but will there be a non descript white one? I dont always want to fly for a specific airline, and quite like doing my own thing...

You can always fly the PMDG flag in those cases, though I do understand what you mean.

I make no promises, but I do think that someone has mentioned it to the team. I know we've done the chromate green liveries before, and it would be somewhat along those lines.

and I'm curious about your banner Kyle!

I'm curious to see what all of your reactions are when we announce it.

...and to really trip people out:

The sig is something I drafted up in Illustrator. RSR said it gave a little too much away, so I added a blank layer (the black background) in between the text and the underlying image to hide it for now. So, there's something "under" the blacked out layer that's being hidden from you.  :ph34r:

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

Not sure. The person painting and the person doing the options tracking/verification/etc. aren't always the same, so there's some lag between announcing a livery is ready and confirming a config. Where possible, we set the options down to the specific reg (since some fleets got mixed over the years of acquisitions), and we can't start verifying the options until the artist confirms which reg they're doing. I imagine that I'll be updating the livery list with various liveries and options all the way through release. Heck, even post release, it's pretty easy to release livery changes. I'm sure some of you have already run across a button that said "Update" instead of "Installed" when you were going through the liveries in the OC.

Ah yes I remember now that the liveries in the OC come up with a little notepad next to them when the options have been added. Didn't know there was an update button though - good to know as I add the Jumbo to my OC.

You can always fly the PMDG flag in those cases, though I do understand what you mean.

I make no promises, but I do think that someone has mentioned it to the team. I know we've done the chromate green liveries before, and it would be somewhat along those lines.

I'm curious to see what all of your reactions are when we announce it.

The sig is something I drafted up in Illustrator. RSR said it gave a little too much away, so I added a blank layer (the black background) in between the text and the underlying image to hide it for now. So, there's something "under" the blacked out layer that's being hidden from you.  :ph34r:

Thanks man.

​ohhhhh....   you have made me all the more curious now! :)

Have a good weekend chief.

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

Updated.

Added Air Canada - C-GAGL - Red Tail / White Maple (Early 90s), and Air Canada - C-GAGN - Black Tail / Red Maple (Late 90s).

That's great news Kyle!

So are you guys relaxing the practice of only painting current operators/liveries?  Good to hear if so....less for me to paint.  :smile:   However, I've already got ACA red stripe textures ready to go on the PMDG model...I did C-GAGN and was going to do Black tail the same reg, but if I paint her too I'll pick a different reg of course.

Keep that list growing!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

is there a chance we can see some Air Canada pictures of your models?

Hey Philippe,

If that question was directed to me, you can find them over at the screenshot forum. 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hey Philippe,

If that question was directed to me, you can find them over at the screenshot forum. 

thank you so much ... 343 in a beauty livery.

The sig is something I drafted up in Illustrator. RSR said it gave a little too much away, so I added a blank layer (the black background) in between the text and the underlying image to hide it for now. So, there's something "under" the blacked out layer that's being hidden from you. 

Kyle will the announcement happen around the time of the 747 release or afterwards?

Martinair, KLM Cargo and Wamos Air please ! :smile:

That's great news Kyle!

So are you guys relaxing the practice of only painting current operators/liveries?  Good to hear if so....less for me to paint.  :smile:   However, I've already got ACA red stripe textures ready to go on the PMDG model...I did C-GAGN and was going to do Black tail the same reg, but if I paint her too I'll pick a different reg of course.

Keep that list growing!

I don't think we've ever had a solid policy on liveries. I think what you may be referring to was the 300ER, which had enough real world operators (and the plane is new enough) that we only provided liveries for current operators, with fictionals (/futures, like UAL and Swiss) left to the community. The 200LR/F is actually quite the opposite of the practice you mentioned, given its lower acceptance in the market (most of the liveries we provided were fictional).

If you go back to the original 744 (the livery downloads page is still available on our site), you'll see we had a pretty comprehensive list of current and former operators.

Kyle will the announcement happen around the time of the 747 release or afterwards?

Unsure. That's up to RSR.

Kyle Rodgers

Updated.

Cheers brother Kyle...take my money.

spacer.png

I don't think we've ever had a solid policy on liveries. I think what you may be referring to was the 300ER, which had enough real world operators (and the plane is new enough) that we only provided liveries for current operators, with fictionals (/futures, like UAL and Swiss) left to the community. The 200LR/F is actually quite the opposite of the practice you mentioned, given its lower acceptance in the market (most of the liveries we provided were fictional).

If you go back to the original 744 (the livery downloads page is still available on our site), you'll see we had a pretty comprehensive list of current and former operators.

Thanks Kyle.  I wasn't sure so I asked.  :smile:  

With the rate that we're seeing new liveries added to the release, in addition to all the non-PMDG painters waiting to paint this one, I don't think there will be too many liveries not covered.  :Party:

Do you know if the paintkit will be available on release? (A question that may have already been asked but I know the answer is very time sensitive as the paintkits I've released in the past typically had an unsure release date based on the liveries I actually had to finish before release)

I don't expect to have a concrete answer (i.e. it's already done), as I know how painter's minds work....they want to paint every livery the aircraft ever wore...LOL!  So I'd imagine, unless there is a specific business requirement, he's busy with several liveries still in his shop, and not worried about cleaning up the paintkit for public use just yet.

Thanks for keeping us posted on all the info you can provide, it's great to see that the public communication side of PMDG is very active and treats its customers as an important part of their business plan.  Any fanatical simmer who visits every vendor on the market knows that this is not always the case and I'm not sure if your team gets enough kudos for doing that.

I could never understand the business model that dictates you treat your customers as a nuisance verses an integral part of your cash flow models.   

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Updated. Added CargoLogicAir verification.

Thanks Kyle.  I wasn't sure so I asked.   

With the rate that we're seeing new liveries added to the release, in addition to all the non-PMDG painters waiting to paint this one, I don't think there will be too many liveries not covered. 

Do you know if the paintkit will be available on release?

Welcome. Not sure. I'm pretty sure it'll be available as soon as we're sure there aren't any changes that'll affect it.

Kyle Rodgers