Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Steve's DX10 Fixer?

I've been working on trying to figure out why I'm getting blurries suddenly with FSX on both machines and I found this, and was wondering if it actually works as advertised?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

was wondering if it actually works as advertised?

Sure it does. It breathes new life into FSX.

That being said I doubt it will have anything to do with blurries.

It works a treat. The manual is quite helpful even though I found the fixer to be plug and play. I only began trying out its options after I'd flown around in DX10 for a while.

The manual is helpful. Steve himself is also very helpful and is very active here on avsim.

If you have a fast system set TextureMaxLoad in the Display section of the fsx.cfg file to 30. If slower about 15 to 20. If you start noticing more stuttering, lower it down until they go away. (Your mileage will vary depending on your system). This will increase the number of tiles loaded at one time around you. Don't confuse this with the Texture_Max_Load setting in the Graphics section which seting your texture resolution, which BTW reducing that will also help with the Blurries. If you want HD res I wouldn't go any higher then 2048. If HD res is not important to you drop this to 1024.