Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern

Mods for the Learjet 35A

5 hours ago, mdata said:

So, you say your cockpit sounds work - then I have to reinstall and try again with the mods. I must have overlooked something.

Best Regards
Frank

Frank,

Look in the panel.RDR_GTN and panel.RDR_GNS folders -- each should have this sound file:

FBGS_XMLSound_x64.dll.

Al

18 hours ago, Bjoern said:

P3Dv4 is entirely uncontrolled airspace for me, which means that you're on your own in terms of support.

It could be that the sound gauge needs an update.
https://douglassdawson.ca/

And yes, I'm using XP11 now. Much better framerates at much more detail and PID controller running at framerate and not the 18 Hz of MSFS' 2D gauges.

18 hours ago, ark said:

Look in the panel.RDR_GTN and panel.RDR_GNS folders -- each should have this sound file:

FBGS_XMLSound_x64.dll. 

No worries, Björn. Thank you for the link to Douglass' site; lots of interesting stuff there. And thank you as well for the great modifications for the various AC you provided free for the community. Especially the Load/Save gauge for the Learjet makes it a big winner for me. 🎩

Thank you for the hint, Al. In fact this file was present in the panel folders. I had a look again at the panel.cfg file. Here this gauge was not referenced anymore. I realized that the respective line in the [Vcockpit01] section was changed when having followed Björn's instructions in his PDF to the line.

So in order to not loose the click sounds in the cockpit one needs to do the following:

The manual says to replace a couple of lines in the panel.cfg [Vcockpit01] section in chapter 7.2:

gauge11 = Flysimware_Lear35A_Fuel_Dump!Fuel_Dump, 0,0,2,2
gauge12= MT_XMLSound!MT_XMLSound, 0,0,2,2
gauge13 = FLYSIMWAREGPS!FLYSIMWAREGPS, 10,10,900,1036

However the line in red should read like below if the mod is to be applied for P3Dv4:

gauge12 = FBGS_XMLSound_x64!FBGS_XMLSound, 0,0,1,1,Sound\MT#81

That's it, then sounds work as expected.

Thanks again to all who responded!

With Best Regards
Frank

Edited by mdata
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mdata said:

No worries, Björn. Thank you for the link to Douglass' site; lots of interesting stuff there. And thank you as well for the great modifications for the various AC you provided free for the community. Especially the Load/Save gauge for the Learjet makes it a big winner for me. 🎩

Just noticed that the modification package doesn't include or refer to Doug's sound gauge at all, so missing switch sounds in v4+ are an official support issue.

And you're welcome.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I think the confusion is the package was for FSX and P3D V1-V3.

And if you use V4 then the panel.RDR_GTN and panel.RDR_GNS panel.cfg files need different info for [Vcockpit01] gauge12

So either the package needs an update or you will have to use this info below.

=====================================================================================

[Vcockpit01]

gauge12 = FBGS_XMLSound_x64!FBGS_XMLSound, 0,0,1,1,Sound\MT#81

Edited by Flysimware
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 12/31/2018 at 5:54 PM, Flysimware said:

I think the confusion is the package was for FSX and P3D V1-V3.

And if you use V4 then the panel.RDR_GTN and panel.RDR_GNS panel.cfg files need different info for [Vcockpit01] gauge12

So either the package needs an update or you will have to use this info below.

=====================================================================================

[Vcockpit01]

gauge12 = FBGS_XMLSound_x64!FBGS_XMLSound, 0,0,1,1,Sound\MT#81

I have just installed the GTN750 into the Learjet, and noticed all the mods by Bjoern...Do these have to be installed one by one as you come across them, or are some updates on earlier versions. Is there a cumulative mod version? And the point you raise about P3Dv4 means a few further mods as you provided above are required?

I recall seeing some where  a 'darker' version of the VC textures in the Learjet? were these the textures in the front of this topic? 

Geoff Bryce

To por930 no just install the last one. I think they are all the same anyway as the link to latest zip file so there really is only one version. Read the Readme doc very carefully and they work very well. My favorite is the panel save state one where the plane continues in the state you last saved it at. Perfect if you need to save a long flight in cruise and continue at a later time. 

• Upvote 1

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

9 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

To por930 no just install the last one. I think they are all the same anyway as the link to latest zip file so there really is only one version. Read the Readme doc very carefully and they work very well. My favorite is the panel save state one where the plane continues in the state you last saved it at. Perfect if you need to save a long flight in cruise and continue at a later time. 

Thanks Russell, I will check out the latest version. As you say, if the panel save state mod is working well, that is great. As some of the addon aircraft situations do not save too well. I have no problems with PMDG, FSL, Aerosoft airbus series and Majestic...they are bullet proof. Some of my others are one flight only, which is annoying for long haul aircraft. Though that said, other users have no issues with the same aircraft...so some thing about my machine setup!

• Upvote 1

Geoff Bryce

Just noticed that the base package received a new update. So for clarification:

The modifications were made for version 3.0 and will not be updated for version 4.0 of the Learjet. Support requests for installations based on version 4.0 will be rejected or ignored.

Hope that's clear.

Hi Bjoern!

Thank you for all the work you did here (and for other aircraft)!

We will have to see which parts of your mod package still work with 4.0 (I hope you don't mind discussing it in this thread?), or just stay at 3.0.

Regards,

Thomas

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ThomasAH said:

Hi Bjoern!

We will have to see which parts of your mod package still work with 4.0 (I hope you don't mind discussing it in this thread?), or just stay at 3.0.

Regards,

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Agree. I had the same thought. I suppose a lot depends on what changes have been made to the Learjet in v4 and how they impact on Bjoern's version 3 mods. If big issues, simply remove the v3 mods or as you say, keep the mods and v3.

Geoff Bryce

11 hours ago, ThomasAH said:

Well, if you know what you're doing, an adaption is very much possible, but I can tell you from experience that digging through FSW's files and comparing changes between the old, modded ones and the new ones is very tedious. Compare file creation dates and run any changed files through https://www.diffchecker.com/.

Save for any L: vars introduced in version 4.0, the Load/Save stuff might just continue to work.

Everything else requires close examination.

• Like 1

My AIR file modifications can be ported to v4.0 by opening the modded AIR file and the one from v4.0 side by side with a tool like Aircraft Airfile Manager and then comparing and editing the tables accordingly. I don't have the documentation on hand, but IIRC, I've changed tables 404, 154a, 430, 1502, 1503, 1504, 1505, 1506 and 1507.

Or you take my modified AIR file as a base and then just implement changes made by FSW for v4.0.

If anybody is generally willing and - more importantly - able to continue developing the mod package for any future releases, he/she is welcome to do so, as long as he/she takes full responsibility for support issues and credits me for my previous work.

• Like 1