Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

The Autogen Folder inside P3D 3.4.9 (help)

Hi,

I must admit its getting a bit hard and pretty complicated with all those add-ons and since ORBX and Scenery configurator also is not kompatibel makes things even more exciting sometimes.

Lately after a Flytampa EHAM install i noticed that i did not have any Amsterdam City with SkyScrabers and football stadions  . Also this Autogen folder inside P3D can change over time and after a FTX Central V3 open/close episode.

I am wondering if it has something to do with this "Autogen Folder" that i am missing Autogens (Amsterdam Skyscrabers ) ?

Any help is appreciated and understanding of what is exactly being changed in that folder over time is more than welcome

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hello Michael,

Yes after a Fresh Install or Updating\Repairing the Content Component,  when you Open your FTX Control Panel it will Change your Autogen Entries to work with Orbx 

I don't know the answer to your question Michael But have you checked your Scenery Objects settings in Prepar3D \ Settings - Scenery ?  By Default they are all set to Normal,  Have you tried moving the sliders up a Notch ? 

FlyTampa EHAM does use the autogen file for Amsterdam scenery for the city, I'd recommend re-running the installer to re-add these entries after running FTX Central to allow ORBX to re-add theirs.

You'll then have the city back! :)

FlyTampa EHAM does use the autogen file for Amsterdam scenery for the city, I'd recommend re-running the installer to re-add these entries after running FTX Central to allow ORBX to re-add theirs.

You'll then have the city back! :)

Thanks that makes sense but it did not work i guess. There is a Autogen configurator.exe  from Flytampa EHAM folder and it did put entrys to the default.xml in the  AutogenFolder but still no city is showing up.

But every time i opens Centralv3 it reorganise the sceneryindex and even puts their own airports below regions so they do not work . (i have set insertionpoint to just beneeth all other airports)

I use then the Scenery Configurator to move them as a groupe up on top of regions  (works great)

But if Central 3 makes changes to AutogenFolder everytime i start it - other scenerys like  EHAM need to be reinstalled ?

Thanks alot everybody :smile: 

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Update:

I also noticed that my EKCH now has two Øresund bridges , The Flytampa and proberly FTX Global i guess.

Something is screwed

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Install this Package

http://www.francevfr.com/agx_EN.htm

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Seems like Flytampa is aware that they "overwrite" some FTX Global Autogen around EHAM . They will look into it

Also remember that sometimes a respectively scenery sometimes "forgets" to put its "scenery LC" to your scenery.cfg and has to be put in there manually. (Happened with EKCH,YSSY,CYYZ for me)

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Autogen woes can now all be solved (mostly!) by using Arno's Autogen Configuration Merge (ACM), a free and easy to use utility that ensures all devs autogen doesnt get overwritten :) Insist your fave dev uses it if they use custom autogen....

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png