Sign in to follow this  
Noel

I need a good mid-size commercial passenger plane/jet for P3D V3.x?

Unfortunately they are not working very well with P3D v3.X and have a non-existing support.

Other than that... it would be a good idea.

Been flying it in .3 almost problem free :)

Been flying it in .3 almost problem free :)

What is 'almost' for you? Usually flaps/spoilers/landing gear are not responding. There are ways around this but it is not something I wish someone when he buys a new plane, what the OP wants to do.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

What is 'almost' for you? Usually flaps/spoilers/landing gear are not responding. There are ways around this but it is not something I wish someone when he buys a new plane, what the OP wants to do.

yeah, thats the issues I am currently experiencing. Been smooth ride thus far though.

yeah, thats the issues I am currently experiencing. Been smooth ride thus far though.

I bet you are the favourite customer of every developer :smile:

Yes if you port them over from FSX you can expect little hickups (although I still think, QW should have fixed those issues a year ago). But if someone wants to buy it for P3D I wouldn't recommend it. The supportfourm is full of this, with no real help around.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Been smooth ride thus far though

Till you touch down and find your gear has not extended. Flaps Spoilers and Landing gear not working reliably are not really minor issues.

• Upvote 1

I know all simmers have different expectations, but do you really think that flaps, spoilers and landing gear not working are "minor" problems?

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

As for the HDR issue, I've honestly never seen that and I use HDR myself.  You don't use Reshade or PTA do you?  It's the only thing I might expect to interfere.  Worth a support ticket (maybe with a video) to the devs before spending any money.

Thanks for that I think I will do that it's bizarre.  Maybe it's the nVidia driver I'm using--I will go ahead and update it first and see if that helps, then if not off to the dev.

This bird is not for the timid of learning!   I'm watching a few videos which are helping for sure, but this thing seems way more complex than the PMDG stuff.   I did back in FSX days own the PMDG Jetstream 4100 which has similarities and I enjoyed it, but the Dash 8 is another level up for sure.  It will be a few more days before I can complete a flight using FSCaptain.   But it's fun to learn a few more things--what I really need is someone to explain the WHY of some of the basics.    These two videos are great, but some of the stuff I can't relate to because I'm not a trained pilot nor understand a lot of what's going on!  This being said, I just retired Dec 1 so I have time to learn a few more things.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I know all simmers have different expectations, but do you really think that flaps, spoilers and landing gear not working are "minor" problems?

well, I stand corrected - they are quite serious,

The Airbus is relatively easy to fly, lands similar to the 777.  The Q400 is more difficult and doesn't land like a 777.

There is a reason many real-world Dash-8 pilots call them Smash-8s. :smile: 

CK

There is a reason many real-world Dash-8 pilots call them Smash-8s. :smile:

CK

I tell you, buying the Dash 8 and spending 3 or 4 hours trying to learn it was worth it even if only so I can AVOID flying in one in the real world!   OTOH, pilots certified on it must be top tier else they wouldn't have survived the certification requirements ;o)   

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I tell you, buying the Dash 8 and spending 3 or 4 hours trying to learn it was worth it even if only so I can AVOID flying in one in the real world!   OTOH, pilots certified on it must be top tier else they wouldn't have survived the certification requirements ;o)   

Hahaha.....but after saying that (both yours and mine) airlines around the world love them. Go to any far off corner

of the world and you see one of the Dash-8 versions. All in all an amazing aircraft.

CK

Actually, the landing gear not working properly makes it even more authentic...

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

But it's fun to learn a few more things--what I really need is someone to explain the WHY of some of the basics. 

You can purchase a set of in-depth training videos at https://www.airline2sim.com/videos/

Also, FS2Crew is really good for this plane.

Actually, the landing gear not working properly makes it even more authentic...

The gear is not working in P3D for the BAe 146, although your joke is a nice one :)

The gear problems with the Dash 8 have been only with the initial deliveries. Bombardier increased the strength of the gear and no incidents have happened with newer deliveries, but I guess the reputation sticks.

Peter

Dash 8... I've been flying the Pilot and Pro (and the Training Edition) for going on seven years (six years making at least 3 flights per week, but often up to 7), and each flight has been a very enjoyable experience.  I'm fairly experienced with just about every high end commercial airliner, and one of the things I love about the Dash is that it's a totally different type of flying - so it's a break from flying most the same way in other aircraft.  In many ways, the upcoming Aerosoft CRJ-700/900 will be the same - and I can tell you the aircraft is done EXTREMELY WELL!

Best wishes to everyone.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Dave, question.  I did not 2nd guess the fuel load from FSCaptain on a flight from KOGD to KRNO, and ran out of fuel 28 miles out so I never had a chance to see if I could intercept the ILS frequency.   I likely will not get into using VNAV for awhile, but I think I might have dialed in the ILS frequency and course heading for 16R at KRNO correctly thru the FMS but unfortunately I never made it to where I could tell if and when I could hit the APR button, if that works at all in the Dash 8.   The good news is everything went fine to that point using FSCaptain & GSX etc.

So the question really might be, for someone who only does direct flights and follows P3D's ATC guidance (versus flying more authentic approaches), is it possible to use do ILS landings as I do in my other birds?  I'm guessing of course, but what is the most straightforward approach then w/ the specific avionics involved in the Dash 8?  Also, it does't appear the simulation reads the ILS frequencies, so I had to look that up using the simple moving map in P3D. I entered the values into the FMS>NAV>Runway 16R in this case.

Noel