Sign in to follow this  
vector

FeelThere Phenom 100

Dijvid,

I dont know what your system is mate, but I have never found or experienced any real problems with the Feel There aircraft.  May I ask what aircraft you are currently flying? I ask this because I have just flown the default Lear and then switched to the Phenom and found no difference in frame rates whatsoever.  Your problem may lie elsewhere and may be worth further exploration.

Regards

Tony

Hi Tony

My system is an Intel i5, 4Gb RAM, NVidia GTX560 Ti and WIn 7 32 bit.

The aircraft that I fly is the Dreamfleet A36 which has been my trusty steed for something like 2 years now.  I've made some substantial mods to it.  I also sometimes fly the Dreamfleet B58 Baron - again, much modded.  Both of these aircraft give me absolutely rock solid frame rates of 60 [which is what my TV monitor is synched at] even when I am at complex airports such as those done by UK2000.

In the past I've also tried the Flight1 ATR72 but that, too, screwed my frame rates.  The problem, I am sure, has something to do with the extra demands of the modern glass cockpit.  But, as I've said, a smooth sim is far more important to me that virtually anything else.  And as I've always been a GA fan not being able to fly the ERJs isn't going to stress me out!!

Dijvid

Dijvid,

May I say that I know exactly what you are talking about.

I have an "elderly" system, which has been upgraded many many times to try to run FSX (and others) with my six monitors.  Every attempt has resulted only in CTDs, frame rates up to a giddy 15FPS, stutters, jerkiness and complete unacceptability.  I now stick to FS9.1 and everything runs smoothly at 29.9 when set to and limited to 30FPS. I am currently flying the Eaglesoft Citation II, the Feelthere ERJs, the 175/195, the Phenom 100 and my favourite the IFly 737. None of these have any real impact on frame rates with my relatively old computer (see computer specs in my signature).

Hopefully, sometime this year, I will upgrade but this is going to be a very expensive exercise ie motherboard,CPU, RAM and GPU's (2 x GTX1070 or the new AMD if it proves to be Flightsim friendly.  I then may be able to use P3D (64Bit?), Xplane11 (already bought) or the new DTG flight sim????  I have spent so much on my monitors and I have no real desire to go back to a single monitor or Trackir (VR...HMMMM).  However, most developers are moving away from dockable screens which is likely the death knell for multiple monitors.  In which case, I am happy to compromise and stick with what I have at the moment.

Just as a guess though, I would say that you are going to be stuck with what you are currently flying unless you opt for an upgrade even with FS9,  I would suggest however, that this is not a bad thing if you are happy with things as they are.  Trust me though, I do know how you feel and I sincerely wish you luck and best wishes in your future flight simming.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

The aircraft that I fly is the Dreamfleet A36 which has been my trusty steed for something like 2 years now. I've made some substantial mods to it. I also sometimes fly the Dreamfleet B58 Baron - again, much modded.

+1, absolutely love them! I've also been dancing round the Phenom for some time. Would love to see a few images and comments on FS9 performance.

Hi Folks,

While they may not work well with limited hardware - the only biz jets I'd suggest for FS9 are the Eaglesoft ones...

Personally - I like the Citation CJ1+ Extreme 2.0 best...

AND they come with the Flight1 30 day money back guarantee - if they don't work out...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7