Sign in to follow this  
RFF

British Airways Altitude Callouts

Just a question regarding the 747 V3 - does it have a option for the British Airways altitude callouts from 2500 (Radio Altimeter) down to landing ? I recall seeing a Beta video with the BA version of the callouts.

Many thanks

Richard  

You select the callouts as you wish from the FMS options menu in all PMDG aircraft Richard - if the options that come with the PMDG BA repaint aren't, in your opinion, quite accurate, then you can always adjust them to your heart's content.

The chaps like full names in the forum too, just so you know.

BA altitude call callouts?

Do you mean "50 above" "decide" callouts? If so, yes it's been implemented in the videos I've seen of the BA livery 744.

A very high time former BA captain made the options inis for our BA liveries - they should be dead on.

If he is high all the time, that is good that he is a former captain - David Lee

Gents,

To improve the general understanding:

When a customer places an order with Boeing, they specify a bunch of options on the airframe, including which EGPWS callouts they want active.  Some callouts are required by regulation of the authority that certifies the airline, others are required by ICAO.  All the rest are purely the preference of the air carrier.

Some airlines, for example, only want their crews to hear 50, 30, 10 callouts on short final.  Others want their crews to hear 100, and then every 10 foot increment down from 50.

What we have done is to include every callout option listed, and then given you a menu system that will allow you to select the ones you want to match whatever airline it is that you are interested in.

With our "certified" liveries (there is a little index marker in the operations center download area) we have taken the trouble to have someone at that carrier verify their configuration for that particular airframe- so you get a chance to see what that carrier has chosen for it's options setup across all of the airplane's options.

Pretty cool stuff, we think.

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I recall Cathay Pacific had a special 60 foot callout... something to do with the now-closed Hong Kong's Kai Tai.. .Of course, they don't need it any more (Do we? :P ).

I hear that Boeing now have a 5 foot callout as an option.

Being a former high time engineer.... I'm finding there have been a few changes since I was in the business. Don't trust old guys :Tounge:  (j/k)

Cheers

John H Watson

I recall Cathay Pacific had a special 60 foot callout... something to do with the now-closed Hong Kong's Kai Tai.. .Of course, they don't need it any more (Do we? :P ).

I hear that Boeing now have a 5 foot callout as an option.

Being a former high time engineer.... I'm finding there have been a few changes since I was in the business. Don't trust old guys :Tounge:  (j/k)

Cheers

John H Watson

Hello John,

there used to be 60' call-out, I recall reading this over at PSX forum. And there is a 5 foot call-out indeed, I am not sure how new is this feature.

Source:

Call-out sequence starts at '50' and continues all the way to '5'.

Frame:

4X-ICA

Boeing 747-4EVFER

C/N: 35172

L/N: 1383

Cheers,

Andrej

Fabulous attention to detail as expected from PMDG ! :smile: 

Eagerly awaiting the release.

Richard Foreman   

What we have done is to include every callout option listed, and then given you a menu system that will allow you to select the ones you want to match whatever airline it is that you are interested in.

Have you also planned to include the older and newer EGPWS callout sounds?

I mean the slightly older one like in the Kai Tak landing video (which were also standard in your first 737NG Product :) )

and the newer one which we have in the NGX and 777?

FYI: I haven't watched a single video of the 744V3. I want to hear it the first time I'm starting this Baby up. :BigGrin:

-René Mrosek