Sign in to follow this  
N1125Y

G530 Flight1 vs ReallityXP

in a process of building new Rig and a construction of Instrument panel. I'm in need for a G530 and considering 2 option:

• RealityXP
  • Flight1

(P3D and FSX-SE, didn't made a final decision yet )

• Any place I can find a comparison  between the two ?
  • Any thought which one is better / advantages disadvantages ?

I notice that 0n the spec Flight1 put:

Product Note: "The product does not include keyboard/joystick support for buttons/knobs."

Does it mean that I can not assign Keys & Buttons to operate the GPS & I'm limited to the Mouse  ???  

Cheers

Yair

BTW

Niether of them is Network compatible. Any idea if there is such a thing in the market at all ?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm more interested in cross-feed with these units than anything.  Does the Flight1 530 fit in the dash where the the airplanes are set up for the RXP 530?  Also, since I have the RXP 530, 430 and crossfeed for FSX, I wonder if they'll give a discount for people getting it for P3D that already bought it for FSX.

RealityXP has not released a product for FSX:SE / P3D yet. You can ask on their forum they have a support forum here now. Flight1 has not supported crossfill yet if I remember right.

As far as functionality is concerned I don't think there is any difference between the Flight1 and future RXP versions.If you are willing to wait the Reality XP unit seem the better choice because for a lower price (assuming they'll cost as much as the X-Plane variants) you'll get crossfill as well. And if you own the old RXP Garmins there might even be a discount.

Yes, the Flight1Tech G530 is network compatible.

$149, not to bad considering that you can take off some load from your main Rig, and have it on your Sub-Syatem that runs all your instrument, the only reason I'm attaching another monitor to my Rig is the GPS .... I like it 

Tnx for the tip

Yair

As far as functionality is concerned I don't think there is any difference between the Flight1 and future RXP versions.If you are willing to wait the Reality XP unit seem the better choice because for a lower price (assuming they'll cost as much as the X-Plane variants) you'll get crossfill as well. And if you own the old RXP Garmins there might even be a discount.

.. I think F1 runs stand alone mean less strain on your Rig .... 

..still have no idea what does the following F1 statement mean

Product Note: "The product does not include keyboard/joystick support for buttons/knobs."

Anyone can clarify 

Cheers

Yair