Sign in to follow this  
NMahinK

How far will the P3D license cover?

With the upcoming release of the 747v3, I am now thinking of abandoning FSX:SE (For good) and moving to P3D, I understand I will have to repurchase the 777 (I do not mind at all), my question is, is that will the current 777 P3D license cover P3Dv4 (If v4 and when V4 is released)?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

With the upcoming release of the 747v3, I am now thinking of abandoning FSX:SE (For good) and moving to P3D, I understand I will have to repurchase the 777 (I do not mind at all), my question is, is that will the current 777 P3D license cover P3Dv4 (If v4 and when V4 is released)?

Read below from the stickied topic at he top of the forum.

WHAT PLATFORMS?:

Okay- so next- we will be selling licenses for the PMDG 747 base package across two simulation platforms:

FSX/FSX-Steam Edition will both be covered through purchase of an FSX based license.

Lockheed Martin Prepar3D will be covered through purchase of a P3D based license.

Both platforms will be available on release day.  The licenses for FSX/P3D are not interchangeable or exchangeable.  For Prepar3D users, we are still planning to protect P3D v3 users if/when Lockheed Martin elects to convert v3 to x64bit.  (it is assumed this will be called v4, but nobody really knows and Lockheed Martin has made NO commitments or announcements in this regard.  As of today, an x64 P3D is not in development that we are aware of any any conjecture of imminent release of same is largely hyperbole...)

COMPATIBILITY WARNING:

Currently the PMDG 747-40 Queen of the Skies II is not compatible with versions of Prepar3D earlier than 3.2.  We are evaluating if it is possible to make it compatible with v2.x but as of this writing, it does not appear that this will be possible.

Sean Campbell

I understand the 747 P3D license, I was just wondering if the same applied to the 777 P3D license.

I understand the 747 P3D license, I was just wondering if the same applied to the 777 P3D license.

Why would they be different?

Why would they be different?

Because the release of the 777 and 737 in P3D goes quite a while back compared to the 747V3 when that comes out.

i'm curious to this as well, as in if they will follow into 64bit P3D without a fee, when it comes out like 747V3 is planned to do.

Because the release of the 777 and 737 in P3D goes quite a while back compared to the 747V3 when that comes out.

i'm curious to this as well, as in if they will follow into 64bit P3D without a fee, when it comes out like 747V3 is planned to do.

This is from prior to our entry into P3D (so it refers to the NGX and the 777):

"Some have expressed concern about forward compatibility with LM version changes.  We have already indicated that our current product licensing will carry you through at least v3.x and x64bit conversion, which we anticipate taking place in v3.x... (based on publicly available information.)"

http://www.avsim.com/topic/461729-08feb15-p3d-pricing-policy-some-facts-on-this-issue/ (emphasis mine)

Still. I'm not seeing how the logic is being applied here (particularly in light of information that has been publicly available for a few weeks short of two years). The work required to bring the 744 into a 64 bit version of P3D is going to be about the same amount of work that the 777 would require. Age has nothing to do with it (particularly in light of the fact that the 64 bit version has been known and anticipated for quite some time now). That's also not mentioning the logistics of having yet another license version to support.

This is from prior to our entry into P3D (so it refers to the NGX and the 777):

"Some have expressed concern about forward compatibility with LM version changes.  We have already indicated that our current product licensing will carry you through at least v3.x and x64bit conversion, which we anticipate taking place in v3.x... (based on publicly available information.)"

http://www.avsim.com/topic/461729-08feb15-p3d-pricing-policy-some-facts-on-this-issue/ (emphasis mine)

Still. I'm not seeing how the logic is being applied here (particularly in light of information that has been publicly available for a few weeks short of two years). The work required to bring the 744 into a 64 bit version of P3D is going to be about the same amount of work that the 777 would require. Age has nothing to do with it (particularly in light of the fact that the 64 bit version has been known and anticipated for quite some time now). That's also not mentioning the logistics of having yet another license version to support.

Thank you for clarifying that.

i guess there is nothing to worry about then :)

Age has nothing to do with it

That was the answer I was searching for, thank you Kyle!

• Upvote 1