Sign in to follow this  
vegasjon

737 NG for P3D FMS Flight Plan issue- PFPX wont write to folder

Hello all:

I'm having an issue where PFPX won't write the RTE file to the default P3D flightplan directory. I've tried assigning all rights to it, but still no luck. I was thinking of just moving the flighplat location but how do you get the FMS to path to the location I choose? Is there an .ini file i can edit or something?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You  trying  to load  the flight plan  into the pmdg  flight  plan folder  which  should  be  the case  any  ways,   dont  know  anything  about  p3d  since  using  fsx  but  still should  be the same

I think in the install wrapper, the default is the users\documents\Prepar3d v3 Files- That's the one that PFPX can't write to...I want to relocate the path to another directory if possible. I just didn't know how the FMS knew where to look...

no, I was using PFPX to create the flightplan- It will save in various formats and I have it set up right now to load flightlpans for FSX, X-plane, pmdg 737 fsx, and some others...

I think in the install wrapper, the default is the users\documents\Prepar3d v3 Files- That's the one that PFPX can't write to...I want to relocate the path to another directory if possible. I just didn't know how the FMS knew where to look...

Jon,

Earlier versions of PFPX had an issue writing to that directory. I recommend that you download the latest version from their site and/or the latest hotfix from their forum. That solved it for me.

What Walter said.

Older versions didn't have P3Dv3 and all RTE files were written to Documents\Prepar3D v2 folder.  Latest hotfix available from their forum also fixes some problems entering waypoints, etc.  Good idea to keep up to date.

I had this issue, and you are right it is permissions. But you can just save the files elsewhere, and drag the files into the right folders, as a workaround.