Sign in to follow this  
xender

Is acars modeled? If so, how complete is the implementation?

Hi everyone!

To those who have the airplane i have a question: Is acars modeled? Im interested mainly in the 747F. Can you get metar reports with it?

Juan Ramos

Hopefully the good 'ol folks at PMDG are already looking at integrating this feature.........

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Hopefully the good 'ol folks at PMDG are already looking at integrating this feature.........

Don't see how they can...who you gonna talk to?

spacer.png

LOL,

if not for messaging purposes, but perhaps for relaying Weather Data at your destination airport or any other airport within a certain vicinity.

Similar feature integrated into the A320X (FSL), that was truly pretty handy as opposed to getting out of FSX and viewing the ASN window.

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

ACARS has many features.  Weather and performance would be the most utilized for flight simulation.  Although it would be awesome to atleast see the feature integrated to request clearance while using VATSIM.  Maybe VATSIM could create an automated system to always have a clearance before you fly also....who knows.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries