Sign in to follow this  
Albin

Best helicopter for p3d

3 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

As I understand it the MD530 does not have a force trim function in RL. That's why, if you use a Warthog stick, your right arm aches like buggery after a half hour! :blink: It's 'hands on' all the time, no nipping out for a pee with this baby. :biggrin:

I tried another attempted fix today, "Helitrim" which is a file in the Avsim library. I installed it, and while it works with the 530 it took a bit of tinkering with the settings to get it working  pretty well. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I got the Macro recommended at the end of the video for pressing the start button. Makes starting much easier. I still am not happy with the amount of forward cyclic used to cruise, and have tried every method possible to try and trim pitch, and have come to the conclusion that I will just have to get used to it. 

Hi Bob! Did every method include the Force Trim Setup in the Configuration Manager UI??

1 hour ago, RockStarofRust said:

Hi Bob! Did every method include the Force Trim Setup in the Configuration Manager UI??

Yes, even though it is in the 530 config manager, it is disable in that heli. On the 407, I could never get forced trim to work. I tired for hours and hours, nothing.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

When I try to visit the hovercontrol site and I get a security warning from Chrome.

Any ideas as to why this is the case? I don't want any malware etc.

The HTC application looks like it's right up my alley. Is hovercontrol the only site where you can get this?

Edit:

Disregard.  The site is ok now.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

11 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I got the Macro recommended at the end of the video for pressing the start button. Makes starting much easier. I still am not happy with the amount of forward cyclic used to cruise, and have tried every method possible to try and trim pitch, and have come to the conclusion that I will just have to get used to it. 

By the way, here is the link for the Macro you need to work with FSUIPC. This totally cured my 530F startup problem, it starts every time now. http://www.milviz.com/filesfordownload/MV_MD530F_macro_guide.rar

Got the start up problem of the 530 F solved completely. I followed this video and at the end of the video they tell you about a Macro that you can download if you have FSUIPC, to toggle the start button on and off with a joystick key. This made the difference, 

1 Follow the normal start setup.
2. Press the joystick key that you set with the macro, and watch N1 carefully, when it hits 15%, open the throttle slowly and watch TOT, and it will start to climb. As soon as you are past 15% and you see TOT start to rise, hit the button you have assigned for the starter to toggle it back off. ( It's important that you set this to toggle, not just on. ) Now increase your throttle to keep TOT around 600 degrees, once that happens, there is no way it will shut down again. Keep increasing throttle slowly until it is on full. It now starts for me every time.

Here is the link for the macro. http://www.milviz.com/filesfordownload/ ... _guide.rar In order to download it you have to go to the milviz forum for the 530. 

Hello again.

HTR

Does it work with P3D? 

Whenever I start HTR after loading a heli in P3D, P3D crashes immediately.

I've seen where folks claim is works with P3D on the intertubes, but you know how that is.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

On 2/5/2017 at 2:35 PM, kdfw__ said:

HTR works for p3d (if fsuipc works, HTR should work) so rotorcraft fde isn't bound to garbage fsx based fde.  there are many HTR profiles for top-notch cera models.

Sir,

You say that HTR works with P3D and then say should work with P3D. Have you tried it?

I just posted a comment asking if it does work with P3D.

Not trying to pick a fight, it's just I'd sure like to use your mods and config for HTR with this craft and I'm not having any luck.

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS

you should read the q&a over at hovercontrol's htr forum for p3d.

http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?s=68481879a1b76e225ae984eeef838802;act=ST;f=53;t=17769;st=100

if all fails, post question there for developer, FredN, to answer.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

I had time to do some experimenting on the pitch trim again, and this time I used FSUIPC to set up the elevator axis and used the calibration in FSUIPC on the 530F. I then assigned up and down elevator trim on my joystick, and did not use the Helicopter trim FSUIPC feature in the ini, and the pitch trim works perfectly. I think the other times when the cyclic jumped around when I tried to adjust the pitch trim, it was on  the Milviz 407, which already has forced trim, and there was some interaction with  that setup and FSUIPC trim assignments. The 530F doesn't have any forced trim, so the trim buttons work properly for pitch on the 530F. 

Can this thread be bumped for whos flying what in V4 or if anything is really compatible?

Also if there is any work being done to do an FDE that is outside the word not allowed default of FSX/P3D. I see hovercontrol but its all for fs9 and fsx mostly with some hacks for p3d older versions. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

HTR works fine on v4.  

http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?s=c7302fc888137bf56f621d666527b3c3&act=ST&f=53&t=24118&st=&&#entry183770

no need to waste time goofing around with garbage FSX/P3D FDE, it delivers best helicopter dynamics on a desktop platform (provided the profiles are decent and controllers are setup correctly).

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

9 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

no need to waste time goofing around with garbage FSX/P3D FDE, it delivers best helicopter dynamics on a desktop platform (provided the profiles are decent and controllers are setup correctly).

I disagree. HTR certainly makes existing helicopters better but the best helicopter for an FSX-based sim is probably the Dodosim 206. The graphics are dated but it comes as close as you're likely to get to a real helicopter in FSX (which is still some way from reality). Sadly it's incompatible with v4 but they're working on an updated version.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

24 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

I disagree. HTR certainly makes existing helicopters better but the best helicopter for an FSX-based sim is probably the Dodosim 206. The graphics are dated but it comes as close as you're likely to get to a real helicopter in FSX (which is still some way from reality). Sadly it's incompatible with v4 but they're working on an updated version.

They been working on a version for P3D for years, and still it isn't ready,  Don'think they have any plans for 64 bit, so I wouldn't hold your breath,.

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

They been working on a version for P3D for years, and still it isn't ready,  Don'think they have any plans for 64 bit, so I wouldn't hold your breath,.

Slightly encouraging: http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?s=117048aec749be84366dce987bcdc517;act=ST;f=46;t=24116.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Does the Milviz 407 work in V4?

Says v3 on the site but you never know.