Sign in to follow this  
ark

L35 SPD Hold

LOL - sounds like you have more will power than I - it's just that I travel during the week so I don't have my PC and resort to chatting about FS and maybe doing some paints on my laptop...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Same here. But while fairly high powered, the inferior keyboard (compared to my Logitech G15 and old Thinkpad) and the small screen make development work a bit tedious. Also, one or two hours are not enough to wrap my head around more complex problems. File management isn't the best either, regardless of cloud storage or external drives. Oh, and I still don't have a suitable input device (XBox pad?) to actually fly on my laptop.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Ok i found adjusting the values in the SPD hold code did the job.

Here is a patch to test. I pulled the throttle back to idle the put the power back and the jet nosed down then up then back down and balanced out rather than continue to fight up and down never settling. So here is the solution.

http://www.flysimware.com/website/help/Learjet35A_PATCH.zip

Great, I'll give it a try a little later this evening, thanks for making this available.

Martin

14 hours ago, Flysimware said:

Ok i found adjusting the values in the SPD hold code did the job.

Here is a patch to test. I pulled the throttle back to idle the put the power back and the jet nosed down then up then back down and balanced out rather than continue to fight up and down never settling. So here is the solution.

http://www.flysimware.com/website/help/Learjet35A_PATCH.zip

How about the settings mentioned in the earlier post. Use original or use the new ones together with this patched .cab files?

max_pitch= ?
max_pitch_acceleration= ?

Much better now, seems like it captures the speed a lot better now, more robust. I tested it using your  above pitch mods and it seems to work great now!

Thanks for looking into this!

Regards,

Martin

I have found the latest patch to the SPD Hold code has definitely helped -- thank you FSW.

I also think it is helpful for the pilot to have a basic understanding of how the SPD Hold code (system) works. SPD Hold adjusts the a/c VS (vertical speed) to maintain the desired a/c speed (IAS below 29000ft, or MACH # above 29000ft). When you activate SPD Hold, the a/c 'target' (desired) speed at the moment, and the associated VS, are recorded (stored) by the system . From then on, the actual a/c speed is compared to the target speed, and adjustments are made to the VS to maintain the target speed. So, for example, if the actual a/c speed creeps above the target speed, the VS is increased an appropriate amount which will lower the a/c IAS or MACH speed back to the target speed. If on the other hand, the actual a/c speed is lower than the target speed, the VS is decreased somewhat which in turn will cause the a/c to speed up.  So deviations from the a/c target speed result in VS changes to 'correct' the a/c speed accordingly. This VS adjustment process happens many times per sec. Note that this system assumes the a/c throttle setting is constant (stable), i.e., adjustments to the a/c speed are being made through VS adjustments, not throttle changes.

So it makes sense ( and is good technique I would think ) to have the a/c in a reasonable stable climb or descent before invoking SPD Hold. That is, the desired throttle (N1) setting should be set and the a/c should be in reasonable trim. If the elevator trim is 'way off' when you invoke SPD Hold, the aircraft will pitch up or down significantly when you release the yoke which impacts the VS and thus SPD Hold for the reasons outlined above.

Al

I notice you set max_pitch back to 10 in the new aircraft.cfg file, does that seem to work better than 20 you suggested earlier.

Thanks

Martin

Please clarify the install procedure for the patch.  After backing up my FLYSIM folder do I just unzip the patch files and overwrite the old files? Don't want to miss an important step. :laugh:

Al

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

46 minutes ago, Airbus said:

Please clarify the install procedure for the patch.  After backing up my FLYSIM folder do I just unzip the patch files and overwrite the old files? Don't want to miss an important step. :laugh:

Al

Al,

Inside the patch you will find two new Learjet_35A.CAB files, one each inside the panel.GNS and panel.MAIN folders (actually, I believe these CAB files are identical), and a new aircraft.cfg file. The new Learjet_35A.CAB files replace the same named file inside each of your existing panel.MAIN and panel.GNS folders. The aircraft.cfg file replaces your existing aircraft.cfg file.

Al

Colleagues,

I just installed the patch; all I can say is viva Flysimware!:cool:

I did a short test and found the improvement to be nothing less than astonishing.  As I mentioned earlier,

I got the Lear as soon as Flysimware released it, and have installed every update.   I had all but given up

on the SPD mode because I was never able to get it to work, except for pitch changes (and immediate

engagement of the VS mode before the aircraft pitch behavior, inevitably, went wildly out of control).

The patch has all but transformed the aircraft.   

I tried a departure, using the VS mode on initial climb out as I always do.  After leveling at 4000 feet I tried some 

step climbs to 6000, then 9000, then 13,000, using the SPD mode exclusively (which before was all but impossible

without all but wrecking the airplane and/or causing my "passengers" to all but die of fright and g-loads).     This time 

I was able to manage absolutely solid pitch control, and with a precision that I never dreamed would be possible before.   

Another very notable and gratifying improvement is that below 10,000 it was far less of a challenge to avoid busting

the 250KT limit.   The SPD mode maintained a far more stable IAS during pitch; the difference is like night and day.

I still want to do a more extensive session of testing (hopefully this weekend) but I'm thus far not just impressed,

but blown away.