Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

JustFlight PA-28R Arrow released

An impressive set of features...

MODEL

• Accurately modelled PA-28R-201 Arrow III, built using real-world aircraft plans
  • Numerous animations including passenger door, baggage door, cockpit window, sun visors and oil cover
  • Ground equipment including chocks and tie-downs
  • 4096 x 4096 textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
  • Bump and specular mapping used throughout the aircraft to produce a truly 3D feel
COCKPIT
  • A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads - every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
  • Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
  • Interactive checklists for every stage of flight
  • Panel state system which will automatically save the panel state whenever a flight is saved and reload the panel state whenever that flight is loaded
  • Aircraft configuration system that will allow you to choose between 'cold & dark' or 'ready for take-off'
  • Fully functional and comprehensive IFR capable avionics fit including:

- KMA 20 audio selector unit

- KX 170B COM 1 / NAV 1 radio

- KX 175B COM 2 / NAV 2 radio

- KN 62 DME unit which can display information from NAV 1, NAV 2 or its own inbuilt receiver (NAV 3)

- Piper Autocontrol IIIB autopilot unit with navigation, heading and roll hold

- KT 76A transponder unit

- KR 85 ADF unit with ADF/ANT/BFO modes

- GPS 100 unit

• Interactive logbook panel for logging your flight details
  • Flight computer panel with useful information such as fuel burn, endurance, speed and wind speed/direction
  • Yoke-mounted flight timer/clock
  • Independently operated left and right (standby) altimeter
  • Flight1 GTN integration in the virtual cockpit (Flight1 GTN sold separately)
AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS
  • Custom-coded fuel system including the option to have automatic switching of the fuel tanks for use on those long distance cross-country flights
  • Custom-coded electrical system with functional circuit breakers
  • Realistic landing gear system with emergency release
  • Functioning alternate air and static source controls
  • Failures including spark plug fouling, limited battery life, vapour lock and more
LIVERIES

The aircraft is supplied in the following 11 paint schemes:

• G-BGKU (UK)
  • C-GQYI (Canada)
  • N4131C (USA)
  • G-BNSG (UK)
  • F-GJCB (France)
  • HB-PJA (Switzerland)
  • VH-SGE (Australia)
  • D-ERIN (Germany)
  • G-TEBZ (UK)
  • G-TSGA (UK)
  • N751LU (USA)
OTHER
  • Realistic and accurate flight dynamics based on real world performance and handling data, and input from Arrow pilots
  • Authentic sound set by Turbine Sound Studios (TSS)
  • Custom sounds for switches, doors, gear warnings and more
  • Comprehensive manual with panel guide and performance data
They should add a feature so it could take a GNS 430/530 as well.

https://www.justflight.com/product/pa28r-arrow-iii?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=PA-28R%20Arrow%20III%20-%20Download%20now%20on%20sale&utm_content=PA-28R%20Arrow%20III%20-%20Download%20now%20on%20sale+CID_d0f3be20638251869f7bd5cef83730d7&utm_source=cm&utm_term=PA-28R%20Arrow%20III

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi Folks,

So where does JF fit in to the quality spectrum today ? I had their Duchess years ago and it was a nice start with several glaring deficiencies - like no GPS and some flight model issues... Honestly - I'd love to see that plane done to today's standards...

The pictures of the Arrow look good...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

There's a youtube video that shows some of the features.

I'd wonder about the flight model more than anything else.  I bet there are some folks here on the forum that flew the Arrow II or III that would be eager to give a mini review.  I flew Warriors and Archers.  We had a II at our club but I never flew it.  I'd say it's pretty important that they allow a 530 mod in the cockpit as well.  A 750 is pretty over the top, isn't it?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

So where does JF fit in to the quality spectrum today ?

Depends on whether the addon was built by  Aeroplane Heaven or their in house team.

The in house stuff is very good, the Canberra is very detailed, but the Aeroplane Heaven stuff is not that great.

This Arrow is by their in house team.

Here's a Arrow II that's available near me.  Doesn't look nearly as vintage as the III they modelled...

Arrow.Side.jpg

Arrow.Cabin.jpg

• Upvote 2

Gregg Seipp

I have been looking forward to this one as this model aircraft is on my shortlist for a purchase IRL. Bought it first thing this morning and just made my first flight in  it (PAKT -> CZST) and I must say I am impressed. I have not flown the real thing yet, so I can't comment on how characteristics compare, but it is a fun fly and so far seems to match the book numbers. I am putting this one up there just below my A2A Comanche on my list of favorites. I really like the fact that JustFlight let's you change radio config from inside the aircraft. I was able to go between stock and my GTN 750 without having to run an installer or outside config tool. The flight dynamics feel more like a stock aircraft and that is why I would still rate the Comanche a little higher. Nonetheless, it's a great addition for us GA guys. 

Now if MilViz would release that Beaver my virtual hangar would feel complete. 

I have quite a bit of time in both the Turbo Arrow III and IV (which I owned), but no time in the normally aspirated variants which feature a completely different engine and cowl.

I was a bit put off by the extremely worn cockpit they chose to model which appears to be based on an (very!) well-used flight school plane.  A version more like what Gregg shows here would have been far more attractive to me, particularly with the modestly updated avionics.

Agree that allowing a 430 and/or 530 would've been nice.  The larger GTN just doesn't fit in with this plane to my eye/mind, though the smaller one wouldn't overpower things I guess.

Just not sure about this one, but if someone ever did a well-modeled Turbo Arrow IV...

Scott

Hi Folks,

From a GA buyers perspective - the T tailed turbo would have been a bit more intriguing...

Yeah - I'm contemplating picking up the F1 GNS (now that I know it's a drop in replacement for RXP in P3D) - as I'm about GTN'd out... I still haven't actually seen a GTN in person and I'm at then airport all the time - LOL - maybe I just hang with the poor crowd...

:)

Thanks for the PIREP Brad - makes it sound a bit more interesting...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi chaps,

bradwoo10 - Glad to hear that you are enjoying it! It's been an enjoyable aircraft to produce.

A few points based on what's been mentioned here:

• We are looking at integrating the Flight1 GNS 430 and 530. The GTN was picked first as it appears to be more widely owned/used by simmers at the moment.
  • Our aircraft is an exact replica of an Arrow III that belongs to my flying club - hence the wear and tear. Picking a local aircraft gives us the ability to climb all over it and take hundreds of photos, and the end result is a far more accurate/realistic aircraft. I appreciate that some people like worn and torn aircraft and others prefer something newer/cleaner like an A2A aircraft, but we enjoyed creating something with plenty of character (as much as is possible for a PA28!)
  • This was an entirely in-house project, apart from the sound-set which was produced by TSS (we have added other custom sounds though)
  • The FDE was created with close cooperation from a real world Arrow pilot
  • The Duchess was released back in 2009, so the Duchess and Arrow are quite literally years apart in terms of detail and functionality  :smile:

Thanks

Martyn - JF Arrow dev

• Upvote 3

Martyn - Just Flight

I was a bit put off by the extremely worn cockpit they chose to model which appears to be based on an (very!) well-used flight school plane.

Yeah, I'd like to see them clean it up a bit, add the 430/530 as an option.  Overall, if you imagine the grime away, they did a really nice job of modelling the equipment.  I'd want to see the attitude in slow flight and when landing...in the Archer/Warrior you bring the nose up about even with the horizon and hold it there letting speed bleed off.  I'm guessing to expect the same for the Arrow?  Also, it seems like a small leap to model the IV from this?  As I said elsewhere, this is the first quality complex 1970s+ GA we've seen in a long, long time. 

Hi chaps,

bradwoo10 - Glad to hear that you are enjoying it! It's been an enjoyable aircraft to produce.

A few points based on what's been mentioned here:

• We are looking at integrating the Flight1 GNS 430 and 530. The GTN was picked first as it appears to be more widely owned/used by simmers at the moment.
  • Our aircraft is an exact replica of an Arrow III that belongs to my flying club - hence the wear and tear. Picking a local aircraft gives us the ability to climb all over it and take hundreds of photos, and the end result is a far more accurate/realistic aircraft. I appreciate that some people like worn and torn aircraft and others prefer something newer/cleaner like an A2A aircraft, but we enjoyed creating something with plenty of character (as much as is possible for a PA28!)
  • This was an entirely in-house project, apart from the sound-set which was produced by TSS (we have added other custom sounds though)
  • The FDE was created with close cooperation from a real world Arrow pilot
  • The Duchess was released back in 2009, so the Duchess and Arrow are quite literally years apart in terms of detail and functionality  :smile:

Thanks

Martyn - JF Arrow dev

Hi Martyn,

I actually got a big nice feeling seeing someone has actually made a nice complex finally.  Gosh, it's just...rare...and I hope it catches fire.  I can very much appreciate the accurate modelling of an existing plane is a great idea!  I do think Scott's and my thoughts about, perhaps, making a cleaner 'livery' would be nice and a turbo charged version would be big, despite the mixture bug in P3D that we hope will, someday, be addressed.  Very, very happy to see you're working on 530/430 integration!  This looks like a great airplane for flying Orbx regions and family cross countries. 

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

Hi Gregg,

I'll certainly look into what'd be required for a Turbo variant.

Is it the T-tail or turbo that is of particular interest, as the PA-28R-201T Turbo Arrow III appears to be much the same as our existing Arrow III, but the PA-28RT-201 Arrow IV would obviously require the addition of the T-tail configuration.

Thanks

Martyn

Martyn - Just Flight

Hi,

that looks really good!

I would also appreciate an option to integrate the Flight1 GNS 430/530. Would it maybe also possible to release a texture set without the heavy wear and tear in the cockpit? Then we could simulate a well maintained, privately owned Piper Arrow III as well. Just like the one in Gregg's great pictures :smile:

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

We are looking at integrating the Flight1 GNS 430 and 530. The GTN was picked first as it appears to be more widely owned/used by simmers at the moment.

Hi Martyn,

this is very encouraging. While I also own the GTN 750, I confess I always prefer the GNS alternative whenever possible for such GA aircraft, as I find it more realistic. The integration of the Flight GNS 430/530 might really convince me to purchase this addon.

And... any chance you to do the same for your Socata TB20/21? I am missing the GNS option there too.

Yes, we'd most likely integrate the GNS' back into the TB10/TB20 if they were created for use in the Arrow III.

Thanks

Martyn

Martyn - Just Flight

It looks great; I'm going to pick it up now. May I ask which year is modelled? Also, are the stock avionics accurate to the actual aircraft? I prefer the authenticity to the everything that moves gets a GTN750 movement.

Hats off to Gregg Seipp for sharing the initial info.

Les Parson