Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

JustFlight PA-28R Arrow released

Just bought it, looks the part if you ask me. Even with the grime and dirt in the cockpit, it really looks like a well used flying club aircraft. But i have some doubts about the flight dynamics, but perhaps Martyn or someone else can chime in? The pitch seems a bit odd. It seems to want to nose down even with full throttle and if you trim up and are sidetracked it pitches up and up and up till it stalls. It's really standing on it's tail. Never seen this in real aircraft I flew (No Piper's).

Further more no flaps sounds if the battery is off, but it has a mechanical flap as far as I recall.

RobdeVries.jpg

I guess everyone is talking about Accu-Feel, that is a global effect, AccuSim is totally different. Accu-Feel (which is nice) is automatically turned off when you load an Accusimed A2A plane. If you run JF Warrior and Accu-Feel, I would presume that in accu-feel you would turn off the landing (touchdown) effects for it as JF Warrior as it's own built in landing effects. (or so I read on JF website)  

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Further more no flaps sounds if the battery is off, but it has a mechanical flap as far as I recall.

There really isn't much of a sound when flaps are moved - it's done by a mechanical lever (looks a lot like a parking brake lever) between the seats, so if you're talking about the typical sound of a motor whining or similar, that shouldn't exist whether the battery is off OR on.

Scott

A mechanical flap sound is included and it should be audible with the battery off as Scott says, but I'll double check the code tomorrow.

Martyn - Just Flight

Guys please read. I know that this Piper has a mechanical flap mechanism. But when the battery is off the mechanical sound is missing and with battery on the sound is there.

What's more annoying is the pitch behaviour of the aircraft.

RobdeVries.jpg

A mechanical flap sound is included and it should be audible with the battery off as Scott says, but I'll double check the code tomorrow.

I *hope* it's a bit audible when you lift the lever with the engine running.  I mean, when you reach down and lift the lever, you *know* it's lifted and it clicks into place, right?  You push a red button and lower it back to raise flaps?  But in the aircraft you guys modeled, you can't even see, let alone, feel the lever or where it is.  I'd go so far to say that it'd be worth it to show something on the screen (though, I suppose I could do that through LUA).

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

BTW, a little bird told me this is the T-tail to model...

138348.jpg

Isn't that beautiful?

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

10 hours ago, Holland_Holland said:

What's more annoying is the pitch behaviour of the aircraft.

The FDE was developed with close cooperation from a real world Arrow pilot but I'll ask the FDE developer to look into the pitch issue.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn - Just Flight

9 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I'd go so far to say that it'd be worth it to show something on the screen

I'm happy to add that feature, although it's a case of trying to find an unobtrusive way of showing the movement. 

I was quite surprised to see no flap position indicator on the PA28 but like you say, moving the handle in real life and the ability to look straight out onto the wing probably make one unnecessary. 

Martyn - Just Flight

11 hours ago, Holland_Holland said:

It seems to want to nose down even with full throttle and if you trim up and are sidetracked it pitches up and up and up till it stalls. It's really standing on it's tail. Never seen this in real aircraft I flew (No Piper's).

My short first experience last night.

I confirm that, if you set the trim up for takeoff (as per checklist), the aircraft pitches up after rotation in a very unexpected manner, meaning that you need to pitch down a lot and push the yoke if you want to avoid a stall. I am not a real pilot and I don't know the real counterpart, so I can offer very little assistance here. All I can say is that I have exactly the same problem with the TB20. The workaround I found there is to set the trim in the neutral position or even slightly down to avoid this odd behavior after rotation. Doing this make the aircraft lift up smoothly after rotation. I will try this trick in the PA28R too and report.

The sound is there. I made a preflight check last night and now with battery off and doors open and I confirm I can clearly hear the flap sound both in external and interior views.

Beside this, I have no other complaints for the moment. If the developer will fix these issues and add the Flight1 430/530 option with the next release/patch, this addon may become one of my favorite GA aircraft in the hangar.

This looks very good. Don't do much GA flying these days but I might give it a go. 

14 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

I got it on the ninth pass. Accu-Sim. :BigGrin:

Yup, as you surmised, I actually typed Accusim, but my phone had other ideas, so... special thanks go to the autocorrect typing feature on my mobile phone, ably assisted by the new Avsim forum layout.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

We hope to have the Flight1 GNS integrated by next week.

Martyn - Just Flight

Martyn - Just Flight

21 hours ago, Tim-HH said:
Hi,

that looks really good!

I would also appreciate an option to integrate the Flight1 GNS 430/530. Would it maybe also possible to release a texture set without the heavy wear and tear in the cockpit? Then we could simulate a well maintained, privately owned Piper Arrow III as well. Just like the one in Gregg's great pictures :smile:

Tim, I'd like to ask you a question if you own Flight1 GNS 430/530: can you assign the controls to a hardware (joystick, rotaries, buttons)?

Thanks,

Dirk.

3 hours ago, barrel_owl said:

I confirm that, if you set the trim up for takeoff (as per checklist), the aircraft pitches up after rotation in a very unexpected manner, meaning that you need to pitch down a lot and push the yoke if you want to avoid a stall. I am not a real pilot and I don't know the real counterpart, so I can offer very little assistance here. All I can say is that I have exactly the same problem with the TB20. The workaround I found there is to set the trim in the neutral position or even slightly down to avoid this odd behavior after rotation. Doing this make the aircraft lift up smoothly after rotation. I will try this trick in the PA28R too and report.

Shouldn't be like that, pretty sure.  I'm not an Arrow guy but I've flown Warriors and Archers.  They're docile with handling...almost boring...even with a full load in the back and nobody in the right seat.  Takeoff trim should be about perfect for the flight controls...no strong pitch up at all. 

EDIT:  You could turn the battery on, set takeoff trim and go out and have a look at the stabilator (the horizontal 'wing' on the back of the airplane.  The trim tab goes across the back of the wing and it should be neutral...almost no deflection...if they modeled the animation.  Other than that, I'd guess a CG problem or something more sinister.

Gregg Seipp