Sign in to follow this  
BLACKCLIP

Xtreme prototypes GLJ25

You are welcome Paul.  :biggrin: 

30 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Did the F1 GTN750 freeze up because FlightSim Commander was in use or a problem with the GLJ25 / F1 GTN750?

I was having a problem with the 750 operating sluggishly.  I would have to click several times on the function that I was trying to select before it would take.  That makes the 750 appear to be locked up.  The 650 was fine in this respect.  I just tried something and that was to comment out the line "gauge01=F1GTN!GTN650,248,644,536,275,UNIT1.VC" and loaded up the GLJ25 and the 750 worked as it should.  The panel area below the 750 looks like it is covered with a dark grey cover plate.  I'm thinking that having the 750 and 650 installed in the Lear is a bit much for my system.  :laugh:  I have had the 750 operate like this in the past as a single installation but that was solved by a reboot.  I really didn't need the 650 along with the 750 in the Lear, so this will fix my problem.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

8 minutes ago, Bill Griffith said:

You are welcome Paul.  :biggrin: 

I was having a problem with the 750 operating sluggishly.  I would have to click several times on the function that I was trying to select before it would take.  That makes the 750 appear to be locked up.  The 650 was fine in this respect.  I just tried something and that was to comment out the line "gauge01=F1GTN!GTN650,248,644,536,275,UNIT1.VC" and loaded up the GLJ25 and the 750 worked as it should.  The panel area below the 750 looks like it is covered with a dark grey cover plate.  I'm thinking that having the 750 and 650 installed in the Lear is a bit much for my system.  :laugh:  I have had the 750 operate like this in the past as a single installation but that was solved by a reboot.  I really didn't need the 650 along with the 750 in the Lear, so this will fix my problem.

Bill

And here I went and upgraded my 750 alone to the combo 750/650 from F1!  lol. I actually like the look now  at least the cover plate is 'gone'.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

58 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

And here I went and upgraded my 750 alone to the combo 750/650 from F1!  lol. I actually like the look now  at least the cover plate is 'gone'.

I did too.  :biggrin:  I have the 650/750 combo installed in another aircraft and no problem with that one.  I had a customer one time that had had his weather radar removed and he pasted a picture of a radar screen on the cover plate.    Might have made the passengers feel better.  :laugh:

Bill

• Upvote 1

Bill  N7IBG     

Installed v2.1 FSX version on P3D 2.4 and on a flight from KSAN to KJAC at FL37 and Mach .72 with a direct 5 knot tailwind I notice the nose of the aircraft slowly swings from left to right at a very noticeable amount, anybody else notice this? Does it with or without the yawl damper on? 

Thanks - Martin

18 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

Now the issues I ran into was the AP simply disconnecting on a couple of occasions for variable reasons. Needless to say if I hadn't been babysitting it the plane would have done a nose dive to oblivion. Not sure what the issue is here.

The a/c is set up so that if you get an overspeed warning or other warning for two seconds, it will disconnect some or all the A/P functions.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I just received the Xtreme Prototypes  Lear SE V 2.1 and after checking it over and flying it for a bit I would put it up there in the same class as A2A, Realflight and PMDG. 

Textures are what I do so I look at them first and, for me, they are among the best I have seen in cockpit, interior and exterior. Systems I am not really that knowledgeable but if the plane fly's from point A to B and follows my route then I am more than happy and this one makes me very, very happy. 

Both GTN 750 and 650 fit in perfectly and look very natural in the cockpit. Gauges and other animations are smooth and seem spot on. It just has that pro look to it when you get in that seat and your eyes cruise the panel before you. 

Destined to be my first choice from the hangar for  some time to come. Also hope to do some paints for it very soon. 

• Upvote 2

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

49 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

The a/c is set up so that if you get an overspeed warning or other warning for two seconds, it will disconnect some or all the A/P functions.

Vic

Yes that's exactly what it was.

34 minutes ago, warbirds said:

I just received the Xtreme Prototypes  Lear SE V 2.1 and after checking it over and flying it for a bit I would put it up there in the same class as A2A, Realflight and PMDG. 

Textures are what I do so I look at them first and, for me, they are among the best I have seen in cockpit, interior and exterior. Systems I am not really that knowledgeable but if the plane fly's from point A to B and follows my route then I am more than happy and this one makes me very, very happy. 

Both GTN 750 and 650 fit in perfectly and look very natural in the cockpit. Gauges and other animations are smooth and seem spot on. It just has that pro look to it when you get in that seat and your eyes cruise the panel before you. 

Destined to be my first choice from the hangar for  some time to come. Also hope to do some paints for it very soon. 

Looking forward to those paints!!!

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

It's the only plane I fly these days for all the reasons you mentioned.

I was a real pest trying to get Alain to hurry up; glad I waited :biggrin:

Anybody know what those parameters are on the panel.cfg to lighten up the 750/650 avionics. It's too dark for me.

Most questions and issues that are posted by users in this forum are fully answered and addressed in the 220-page flight manual that is available from Xtreme Prototypes website: http://xtremeprototypes.com/en/manuals_downloads.asp

We strongly encourage our users to read the manual as the GLJ Model 25 SE addon is a complex simulation that requires certain knowledge of the aircraft systems before attempting to fly it. The operation of the addon is very similar to the operation of the real aircraft. The flight dynamics are also very similar and have been tested and re-tested by a real Learjet 25D pilot. Please pay attention to the new “Fuel Panel” and “Autopilot” sections (section 5 of the manual) – yes, the autopilot will disconnect under certain conditions…

Manuals are updated regularly, so please make sure you have the most recent version.

If you don’t find answers to your questions in the manual, including in the FAQ section at the end, you can contact us directly. We normally answer registered users the same day or within one business-day.

While we do not offer technical support in forums, we believe it would serve the community to answer some of the questions raised above:

It should not take more than about 5-10 minutes to download the addon from our website on a high speed Internet connection. If you are experiencing recurrent download issues, please contact us for other download options. We normally resolve these issues the same day. As mentioned in the manual, DO NOT USE a download manager to download your addon.

Regarding the GTN 650/750, please refer to section 4, pages 8-13, for a discussion about retrofitting the virtual cockpit. While it was never part of the spirit of this project to design a glass cockpit for this classic aircraft of the 1970’s, we recognize that some users would enjoy more modern avionics (this is a simulation, after all!). This is why, in addition to the full 3D gauges of the fully analog instrument panels, we are providing two additional panels for installing third-party gauges. Even the screen of the dummy radar can be replaced by a functional unit. Many users have installed the GTN 650/750 combo in this addon without issues. Please note that the “too bright at night” issue has been resolved in v2.1 and that the gauges will look exactly as their third-party developers designed them.

Turning on the landing /taxi lights at night should not illuminate the cabin. The only exterior light effect that will illuminate the cabin is the “wing inspection light” (the switch is on the center pedestal). Actually, this aircraft is not equipped with a wing inspection light. The reason we’ve programmed the switch this way is to illuminate the belly at night, which produces a nice lighting effect. This type of effect has had a known issue for years: their light passes through walls and illuminates the cabin. Fortunately, we’ve been able to correct this for the rotating beacon lights in v2.1. This is fully documented in the manual and we recommend turning on the “wing inspection light” only when snapping screenshots in the exterior view.

Also, please note that Prepar3D® v4 has a new lighting option called “Dynamic Lighting” that enables or disables illumination for lights. Checking this option will cause the same unwanted effect from multiple light sources: light will pass through walls and illuminate the cockpit (we noticed this issue with a few vehicles, unless the lights are located in front of the cabin/cockpit). This seems to be a sim issue and we recommend unchecking this option until we can find a fix to circle around it.

• Upvote 1

Alain Rouleau

Producer - X-Series
Xtreme Prototypes, Inc.
Montreal (Canada)

Finally, regarding the “OPTIMIZE_PARTS” issue:

We’ve been developing complex 3D models for over 10 years on the FS2004/FSX and Prepar3D® platforms and it’s the first time that we’ve encountered this issue. In our view, unless proven wrong, this is due to an undocumented limitation of the simulation platform.

There is nothing special in our VC model, except… that it has more animations than other “complex” addons that are using flat 2D gauges instead of fully modelled 3D instrument panels with many animated mechanical parts.

For almost two years, we’ve been asking for LMT’s assistance in helping us to find a permanent solution to this frustrating issue. Unfortunately, to this date, the only answer we obtained was “there is nothing wrong with your model, set OPTIMIZE_PARTS=0 and there is probably a bug in the model optimization routine that we would certainly like to fix in a future release”. On our side, we’ve spent months trying to find a solution to this issue that occurs only after a certain number of animation and visibility tags in the model is exceeded. Only removing a few animations solved the issue and this is what we did for the FSX version.

Now for the Prepar3D® version, because we obtained a temporary “solution” from LMT until a permanent fix becomes available, we thought that our users would like to benefit from a fully animated cockpit with many features and we’ve decided to release the addon fully animated with a note about how to temporarily solve the issue.

Note: If you have a good computer with a high-end video card, you shouldn’t be concerned too much with the OPTIMIZE_PARTS=0 issue. Based on our tests, we didn't notice any significant performance deterioration with OPTIMIZE_PARTS=0 when flying the GLJ Model 25 SE addon in Prepar3D® v4.x or v3.x. (and it’s a complex simulation!).

If users prefer not to modify the Prepar3D.cfg, they have the option of installing the FSX version which is almost identical and fully compatible until the issue is resolved for good. Fortunately, version 2.1 for FSX has more animations and features than the previous v2.0. So if you don't want to edit your "Prepar3D.cfg", you can still install the FSX version that is fully compatible with all versions of Prepar3D® and you will miss almost nothing. The version for FSX does not require OPTIMIZE_PARTS=0 because it has fewer animations in the virtual cockpit. Aircraft systems and procedures are the same on all platforms and the simulation is not affected.

We are currently exchanging with LMT in order to find a permanent solution to this unfortunate issue. However, even after many efforts on our part to inform LMT of the problem, even sending them our source models on two occasions, we deeply regret not having received any definitive answer from them in time for the awaited release of version 2.1. We also regret to say that many of our posts in the Prepar3D® developer’s forum and many of our messages, public or private, have been unanswered, which is surprising and unfortunate.

Users can be assured that they will be informed as soon as a fix becomes available and as always, it will be free. All this is covered in details in the manual and mentioned on our website.

Alain Rouleau

Producer - X-Series
Xtreme Prototypes, Inc.
Montreal (Canada)

I still have the brigness issue at night with the GTN750/650 2D gauge

Juan Ramos

Any pilots using the Flight 1 GNS Complete (GNS530 or GNS530 and GNS430 combo) in the GLJ25?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

30 minutes ago, xender said:

I still have the brigness issue at night with the GTN750/650 2D gauge

What brightness issue? Mine looks perfect in panel and in popup.

50 minutes ago, Xtreme67 said:

Turning on the landing /taxi lights at night should not illuminate the cabin.

But they do *IF* Dynamic Lighting is on. Without DL they work as expected.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors