Sign in to follow this  
JWMuller

Virtual Pilot 3D - Don't buy it!!

Interestingly, the site http://www.virtualpilot3d.com/ geo-resolves to Illinois, USA. I initially thought this scam would have come from some 3rd world country with reasonable internet access (Russia, parts of Asia like China, possibly India, but not Pakistan or Iran for example). But it's coming out of the good old USA! I'd love to understand the people who get sucked in and buy it. Obviously they're not serious Flight Simmers, who are usually up on the latest versions of the main Flight Sim software. Maybe it's 'dabblers', or people who indirectly heard about how much fun products like FSX/X-Plane are. The internet can make you quite depressed when you see, for every great 'thing', there's a scammer trying to part you from your cash with dishonesty.

Gees I just received one of the spam email on this flight simulator.

What a frigging joke. As I moved my mouse over the photos it identified the photo name...one actually said FlightGear.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Well, it IS FlightGear.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Seriously, like look at this box.
virtual-pilot-3d-large2-2.jpg

Disk?? MSFSX used to used that. Imagine P3D v5 on disk 😂😂😂😂

But, an A380 flying about 50 feet of the ground, about to wing strike, and no landing gear. That's some serious artwork.

Also the box shape reminds me of when I used to have Windows 7 Ultimate and the box shape was exactly like this.

Also, I found "Mark Duran" on the internet. If you search up knowhow-guy-bg-2 on google images, you'll literally find the same guy on the website.

Edited by arwasairl

Just received another email for this scam, bumping up the thread.  My bitdefender, recommended by a forum member here, blocked the page because I was interested in seeing what they were up to now, so be warned they are phishers too...  Protect your identity and avoid these scammers....  And to these scammers, get a real job, grow up!

But the case is so lovely, and Mark Duran looks to be such a nice guy... I have to have it in my collection!

</not>

• Like 2

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

On 3/17/2019 at 2:57 PM, John_Cillis said:

Just received another email for this scam...

yup, me too.  sheesh, whadda maroon

time for this 2 year old thread to be locked

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Topic locked.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10