JWMuller

Virtual Pilot 3D - Don't buy it!!

Hello AVSIM members,

If you ever heard and ever thought of buying Virtual Pilot 3D, Do not.

Virtual Pilot 3D is a scam similar to 'Pro Flight Simulator' (see Travelling_Wilbury's scam alert for pro flight simulator).

It is actually  the open source, free FlightGear that you are buying. Furthermore I have never heard of Virtual Pilot 3D before. Moreover, it shares the same motto as ProFlightSimulator, Which is ' It's the next best thing being up there'.

Link: http://virtualpilot3d.com

Where I heard it was scam: http://c-aviation.net/flight-simulator-2017-scam-alert/

Therefore do not buy this software. You can also see some other scam sites in the linked article where I heard it from.

Hope you do't get anything like that, and thanks for reading

JWMuller

• Upvote 3

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes I saw this too, and was not taken in by their nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

Yes I saw this too, and was not taken in by their nonsense. 

Yep, just keep away from them

Considering that most everyone who visits AVSIM is aware of the current flight sims out there (and maybe even ones that are currently in development), they shouldn't be taken in by this supposed scam.  One place that is a breeding ground for rumor and fake news is YouTube.  I can't tell you how many flight sim videos I see with the title "New Flight Simulator 2017" or something along those lines.  Either someone posts their vids for clickbait that entail using an established sim that is heavily modded and calling it a new simulator, OR they claim it is one of those scam software titles, fluffed up with clever marketing.  It's getting as bad as robocalls or junk mail from the postal service.

Btw, here is more insight into this company's product: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/08/24/the-flare-path-dont-buy-virtualpilot3d/

Seems they've been around for quite a while now (article mentions 2012).

2 minutes ago, Jimm said:

Considering that most everyone who visits AVSIM is aware of the current flight sims out there (and maybe even ones that are currently in development), they shouldn't be taken in by this supposed scam.  One place that is a breeding ground for rumor and fake news is YouTube.  I can't tell you how many flight sim videos I see with the title "New Flight Simulator 2017" or something along those lines.  Either someone posts their vids for clickbait that entail using an established sim that is heavily modded and calling it a new simulator, OR they claim it is one of those scam software titles, fluffed up with clever marketing.  It's getting as bad as robocalls or junk mail from the postal service.

I agree with the Youtube thing

On 3/14/2017 at 5:59 AM, Jimm said:

Btw, here is more insight into this company's product: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/08/24/the-flare-path-dont-buy-virtualpilot3d/

Seems they've been around for quite a while now (article mentions 2012).

Those videos with the "NEW FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2017" are considered clickbait, but you do have to be honest, in the video's description it does say P3D v3.4 or something along the lines. 

I am not disagreeing with you though, but they literally have nothing related to the so-called "VirtualPilot 3D or ProFlightSimulator." Scam artists those people are!

Hmm, I want gonna buy i9t anyhow so I guess I'm Golden... :-P

4 hours ago, americanair_777 said:

Those videos with the "NEW FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2017" are considered clickbait, but you do have to be honest, in the video's description it does say P3D v3.4 or something along the lines. 

I am not disagreeing with you though, but they literally have nothing related to the so-called "VirtualPilot 3D or ProFlightSimulator." Scam artists those people are!

I know, but I wasn't talking about those videos. Yes, I know that these videos do not have anything related to the two scam flight sims that you mentioned. It was just once when I was looking at videos on flights sim on Youtube. When I saw 'Flight Simulator 2016' or some rubbish like that I actually thought that 'Flight Simulator 2016' was a real flightsim!

Then I just googled it and I got Virtual Pilot 3D and at first I didn't even know that it was scam until I saw an article on it on c-aviation.net.

So tha'ts the story

I had to read the disclaimer for a laugh....

"VP3D does not make any warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, those of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to any information, data, statements or products made available on the Site. In short, VP3D does not come with any kind of warranty what so ever. "

"What

So

Ever"

:blink:

• Like 1

Just received an e-mail to AVSIM advertising it and it went immediately to the junk mail folder.  Indicates scammers are still sending out advertisements.  Unfortunately there will probably be many who get scammed.

Can't the Web host be advised and this website taken down?

• Upvote 1

I think you can set up a website on Cloud now using web design software.  I think some of the browser developers like Google have a method to report phishing websites so, if a member does go there, they will be warned that it might be dangerous or unsafe.

On 11/09/2017 at 7:22 PM, sloppysmusic said:

I had to read the disclaimer for a laugh....

"VP3D does not make any warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, those of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to any information, data, statements or products made available on the Site. In short, VP3D does not come with any kind of warranty what so ever. "

"What

So

Ever"

:blink:

"VP3D" Honestly they sound so fake. Anyone would notice somethings fishy going on and its obvious when you look at the screenshots.

I'm laughing so hard at their claims, just to name a few: 
"FAA Approved!"
"Data from NASA!"

Also, look at their pricing. P3D v4.2 costs less than that, along with a PMDG 737NGX. Honestly, it's pathetic.

• Like 1

Virtual Pilot 3D is spamming and scamming again, this time advertising themselves first as Microsoft Flight sim with MS add-on aircraft, yet in the fine print offering a well known free program as payware for a "nominal charge".

It by no means compares to any of the flightsims on the market.

John

• Like 1

Interestingly, the site http://www.virtualpilot3d.com/ geo-resolves to Illinois, USA. I initially thought this scam would have come from some 3rd world country with reasonable internet access (Russia, parts of Asia like China, possibly India, but not Pakistan or Iran for example). But it's coming out of the good old USA! I'd love to understand the people who get sucked in and buy it. Obviously they're not serious Flight Simmers, who are usually up on the latest versions of the main Flight Sim software. Maybe it's 'dabblers', or people who indirectly heard about how much fun products like FSX/X-Plane are. The internet can make you quite depressed when you see, for every great 'thing', there's a scammer trying to part you from your cash with dishonesty.

Gees I just received one of the spam email on this flight simulator.

What a frigging joke. As I moved my mouse over the photos it identified the photo name...one actually said FlightGear.

Well, it IS FlightGear.

Seriously, like look at this box.
virtual-pilot-3d-large2-2.jpg

Disk?? MSFSX used to used that. Imagine P3D v5 on disk 😂😂😂😂

But, an A380 flying about 50 feet of the ground, about to wing strike, and no landing gear. That's some serious artwork.

Also the box shape reminds me of when I used to have Windows 7 Ultimate and the box shape was exactly like this.

Also, I found "Mark Duran" on the internet. If you search up knowhow-guy-bg-2 on google images, you'll literally find the same guy on the website.

Edited by arwasairl