Recommended Posts

I'm using the FF 757 v2 on x-plane 11.  I have assigned the reverse thrust to a button on my saitek throttle, using "hold throttle reverse at max".  I am only getting the right engine to reverse.  Any ideas out there??  I don't understand all the thrust reverse #1-8 choices.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

FWIW, I heard back from Flight Factor support in re this question.  Their response:

 

pb15 has an issue with reverse 
 

Your FlightFactor Helpdesk Team,

 

So, I guess I will submit a bug notification to LR.  :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Don,

you get eight different commands as you can manage eight different engines, so it could be very possible that you're using the command tied to the right engine.

I'm not using these commands so I could be wrong, but try to use either sim/engines/thrust_reverse_toggle or sim/engines/thrust_reverse_hold instead.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, alfamike said:

Hello Don,

you get eight different commands as you can manage eight different engines, so it could be very possible that you're using the command tied to the right engine.

I'm not using these commands so I could be wrong, but try to use either sim/engines/thrust_reverse_toggle or sim/engines/thrust_reverse_hold instead.

 

I have tried all the avilable reverser choices I think.  Are there aircraft with 8 engines?  :)  Oh yea, the spruce goose had 8.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, toothjockey said:

I have tried all the avilable reverser choices I think.  Are there aircraft with 8 engines?  :)  Oh yea, the spruce goose had 8.

Thanks

Don't think the Spruce Goose had reversers though...but a B52 may and it has 8 as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though Flight Factor says "pb15 has an issue with reverse" , I notice that I get both engines to thrust reverse with both the IXEG 733, and the default 737 800.  Looks more like a FF problem to me.  I wouldn't judge, but FF has stated the 757 is 11 compatible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've bee using 757 v2 through beta 14 without any problem with thrust reverse. I use default keyboard shortcut "###### /" and crank throttles all forward for max reverse, then I move throttles back to idle and press "SHIFT /" again to shift back to normal thrust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I've bee using 757 v2 through beta 14 without any problem with thrust reverse. I use default keyboard shortcut "###### /" and crank throttles all forward for max reverse, then I move throttles back to idle and press "SHIFT /" again to shift back to normal thrust.

When I use the "shift /" toggle, I only get the right engine showing thrust reverse, not the left.  It is probably a combination of pb15 and FF not playing well together.  Does your nosewheel move with rudder pedal movement?  I think this is also a pb15 problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, toothjockey said:

When I use the "shift /" toggle, I only get the right engine showing thrust reverse, not the left.  It is probably a combination of pb15 and FF not playing well together.  Does your nosewheel move with rudder pedal movement?  I think this is also a pb15 problem.

I haven't tried FF to fly in PB15 but presumably the only difference between PB14 and PB15 is change in planemaker which was crashing upon start in PM14, the rest of the stuff exactly the same.

 

I'm using X52 stick and CH rudders. I don't have separate controls for each engine. Do you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no, don't have separate controls for each engine.

Both of my problems (nosewheel steering and only one thrust reverser working) have been solved with the latest update from ff, that is ver 2.0.23.  I don't know if it was the update or if it was uninstalling and reinstalling the aircraft, but all is good now.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now