Sign in to follow this  
David_MC

Morning Fight to The Bahamas

Took my new Carenado Cessna 337 Skymaster on an early morning flight from Kendall-Tamiami Executive Airport (KTMB) to San Andros Airport (MYAN) on Andros Island.  This is probably the first time in nearly a week that I have been able to get on flight simulator and this flight was quite relaxing.
Carenado
ORBX Global Base + Vector + OpenLC NA + Trees HD
REX 4 Texture Direct w/Softclouds
FreemeshX

Departing KTMB
34018600085_c573f238b5_b.jpgFSX-2017-apr-13-001-2 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

Climbing out over Miami
34018601625_18c30ceaaf_b.jpgFSX-2017-apr-13-005-2 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

Over downtown.
34018603305_ccf44576fa_b.jpgFSX-2017-apr-13-009-2 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

Reaching cruise just off of the coast
33861374472_ee5d45d736_b.jpgFSX-2017-apr-13-010-2 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

Cruising
34018604175_359061a334_b.jpgFSX-2017-apr-13-012-2 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

Descending towards Andros Island
33889052381_2583d6b491_b.jpgFSX-2017-apr-13-016-2 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

Overflying the airport
33861370122_0e1008565f_b.jpgFSX-2017-apr-13-018-2 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

Turning back.
33889053391_75603aef60_b.jpgFSX-2017-apr-13-020-2 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

Final
33889054871_9afc50f2d9_b.jpgFSX-2017-apr-13-022-2 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

Parked
33889056361_9b1184622f_b.jpgFSX-2017-apr-13-024-2 by David Covarrubias, on Flickr

• Upvote 3

The 337 is a good looking plane. One day I too will own the Carenado version. Nice weather in the sim. :gaul:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Great looking sky theme!

HLJAMES

Beautiful, that brings back memories.

The Skymaster was the first multi-engine airplane I flew in charter operations 40 years ago. I used to fly cancelled checks from upstate New York to White Plains every night, stay over, then pick up checks and fly them back in the morning.

One winter flight in the Skymaster going to Rochester, New York after starting the descent, white billowing thick smoke started to rise from under the instrument panel. It hit me like a ton of bricks how locked in you are in a fire situation. Funny thing was, I could breath, I was not choking. I opened the little side window and that was enough to suck a little of the smoke out so I could somewhat see for landing.

It turned out the mechanics serviced hydraulics and spilled a lot of hydraulic fluid on the carpet. When I started to descend the heater blowing hot air changed direction enough to cause a reaction with the carpet in the form of thick white smoke. I thanked my lucky stars it wasn't a full blown fire, because that would be an awful situation to be in.

Another time on a bone chilling day the throttle for the rear engine froze in cruise flight and I could not retard it for landing, so I had to shut it down in the descent, but with centerline thrust, it is pretty much a non-event. That was a fun airplane...

• Upvote 3

Beautiful shots.

nebojsa

Hi Folks,

Beautiful set in one of my favorite places to visit...

A few years back - KMGJ - we had a fatal in a 337 as the owner elected to attempt a takeoff on a single engine knowing the second engine wasn't working... I believe the POH explicitly forbids this... Seriously - you can't make this stuff up...

My CFI used to do the same with cancelled checks in a Lear 35 out of Bradley CT to a few places around Chicago - I never realized cancelled checks required such a priority...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

3000 miles separated by a common language! I had to look up what cancelled checks were as far as the US is concerned! My confusion is that I thought cancelled meant - torn up, not honoured (returned in your case). :)

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Hi Mark,

Hah - LOL - yeah - perhaps a better word would be "paid checks" as they would be stamped by the bank ??? I'm assuming these would be the checks the banks actually paid on which would make far more sense than a voided check ??? The "cancel" infers the check itself no longer has any cash value as it's already been paid to the recipient ??? LOL - but don't go by me - I haven't written a paper check in 15 years or so...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7