Sign in to follow this  
JonRD463

Flightsim.com

Since AVSIM is now a dirty word (again) over at Flightsim.com, I just wondered if the censor was at work here also. How I long for the old days...sigh...DougWell, after seeing the results of the post I'm glad to see at least one site still has it right.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Sadly true. I posted a note to Nels regarding this, and noticed that it was removed immediately. Makes it kind of hard to steer new folks to file sources...DJ

>Sadly true. I posted a note to Nels regarding this, and>noticed that it was removed immediately. Makes it kind of>hard to steer new folks to file sources...It a juvenile attitude, that's for sure. I just wish all the parties involved would grow up and act like the adults they ostensibly are... ;(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

What the heck did we do now??? I have to admit, this is more than a bit sophmoric. Childish comes to mind. Oh well, we have more important things to spend our time on than trying to figure out the latest paranoia or antics of other sites.

What "parties" involved? I have not a clue as to why Nels and crew are blocking "avsim" (again), and I can assure you that we didn't do anything to provoke that (as far as I know, that is), so your presumption that "parties" are involved may be wrong. It may well be just "party". I just love the way people jump to conclusions in this community. And Bill, you know better.EDIT:Having just gone over to their forums, and read the messages which prompted this, I think I have an explanation. One word: DeCastro. Not Nels' best choice for a public "face", "voice", "marketing guru" (yeah, right) whatever. Mike has a thing for AVSIM (that is, since we refused to share our resources, advertisers, bandwidth, library, et al, with him and Nels). Go figure. There's a long story there folks, that one day, when I have the flu and am suitably in the mood, I will tell. :)But I will say it again Bill.... given the recent past that you suffered through, for you to make assumptions, presumptions, or draw conclusions with so little fact, of all folks, I would expect you to know better.

Guest glnflwrs

Tom, Those "other sites" really make a body appreciate AVSIM and its staff all that much more. Glenn"When a man learns how much he doesn't know compared to how much there is to learn, he starts getting smarter."

Guest PhilipsCDRW

I don't understand why they do that - it seems quite immature. It's not like these two sites should be competing for forum users or something...I do remember, back in the days of FS98 when I was young and enthralled at a 28.8k modem, that 'flightsim.com' was the address that I randomly typed in, all those years ago - I found Avsim much later...

>I don't understand why they do that - it seems quite>immature. It's not like these two sites should be competing>for forum users or something...>>I do remember, back in the days of FS98 when I was young and>enthralled at a 28.8k modem, that 'flightsim.com' was the>address that I randomly typed in, all those years ago - I>found Avsim much later...Yes- me too!! Used to go there all the time , but I have simply found this site to be more to my taste. Barry

Guest PhilipsCDRW

flightsim.com has the Dreamfleet dev forum, they seem to be sound... I wonder if they're renting the forums from Flightsim.com?

Let's remember to click on all of the advertisments on avsim everyonce in awhile. I'm sure they would appreciate it. I appreciate all avsim does, and does for FREE. How awesome is that. Thanks.

I'm pretty certain they are paying for the space yes.

Guest danowat

I have had run ins with DeCastro on a few occasions, he is not a nice chappy.Dan.

Not, as I understand forum 'owners' at Avsim paying nothing either.Forums bring traffic to sites and the amount of traffic relates to advertising revenue, the more revenue, the better the system/services etc. etc..... Well I assume that's the case.

Cheers

Paul Golding

The commercial support forums are paid for here as well AFAIK.I do know for certain the support forums at simflight are paid for (yes Tom, I know we're supposed to call it "that other site" but in a thread about "that other other site" it gets rather confusing :)

>I have had run ins with DeCastro on a few occasions, he is>not a nice chappy.>>Dan.Is that Fidele deCastro --- LOL