Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

New Level-D 767 HD VC textures released

So am I. Love the LVLD767 and the texture modification. Getting this plane up and running again is like seeing an old 60's muscle car restored. Sweet.

Vic green

On 4/19/2017 at 8:03 PM, Nuno Pinto said:

Unfortunately the textures are correctly installed. I mailed Zinertek about this and i quote...

So, this is how it is at night. Limitation of the model.

They will issue an update soon to address a few issues, but i don't think anything can be made about this one.

Ah, I stand correceted, sorry Nuno.

Hopefully they can find a way around this issue.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

On 2017-04-20 at 11:54 AM, PATCO LCH said:

So am I. Love the LVLD767 and the texture modification. Getting this plane up and running again is like seeing an old 60's muscle car restored. Sweet.

Yeah got to admit Im digging it as well, an old friend.

spacer.png

Just flew EGBB to LDDU (beautiful valley approach into Dubrovnik) in the LDS767 - what a blast!  I'd forgotten just how divine this model is to hand fly - the best there's ever been IMHO.

My concensus on the Zinnertek "HD" VC is that, despite it's low price, it just doesn't give enough of an improvement to warrant it.  I've actually replaced it with the free VC upgrade in the AVSIM file library (from the Italian gent), and actually prefer this.

I will say one thing - as fantastic as it is to fly the LDS767 again - one other "benefit" concerning it's dated VC graphics is that when you go from a LDS flight over to something like the PMDG NGX, 777 or 747, boy, do you appreciate the VC modelling and texturing !!!!!!!  :smile:

Bill

22 minutes ago, JYW said:

I've actually replaced it with the free VC upgrade in the AVSIM file library (from the Italian gent)

Link please, brother JYW.

Also, got any screen shots of that flight?

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Link please, brother JYW.

Here you go, bro'   :-

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=textures_vc.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

Or if that link doesn't work, it comes up if you put texture_vc.zip in the search field.

It may not be to everyones tastes - it's much darker textures but I prefer it! :smile:

• Upvote 1

Bill

And the external model is spot on. Load the CS 767 and you will see the difference. Especially the nose section.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

2 hours ago, JYW said:

Here you go, bro'   :-

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=textures_vc.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

Or if that link doesn't work, it comes up if you put texture_vc.zip in the search field.

It may not be to everyones tastes - it's much darker textures but I prefer it! :smile:

Thanks for sharing, you definitely piqued my interest! So I went ahead and tried the freeware textures but I don't think they are up to par with Zinertek's.

I know you prefer darker textures but in real life the cockpit is not that dark:

55aNd8l.png

I think Zinertek did a good job in recreating that:

oMHSqrt.png

Zinertek's cockpit has beatiful glass displays:

tj46wx6.png

And after trying out the freeware textures there was no way I could go back to this:

Iyq99ET.png

Then again, maybe I'm biased because I have bought a lot of Zinertek products over the years and this cockpit was no exception. lol

So to each their own, I guess :)

At any rate, I will agree with you that flying the Level-D 767 is still a smooth flight as ever!

If I can add one thing, the FS2Crew for the LVLD seems much more involved and challenging to learn then the more modern addons for thr PMDG jets.Heck, it even offers cockpit small talk going on about one of the flight attendants among other things.  I use the button version and it takes a while to get the hang not to get out of sequence.

Vic green

Bought it and did my first flight last night, nice upgrade, certainly gives the vc a new lease on life.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Holy crap it actually happened.  That thing I've been saying for years and years has actually occurred.  This is seriously awesome.  Now if I could just get this plane from somewhere other than Flight 1 I would be set!

Bought this upgrade of Zinertek's.  Feel completely cheated.  Not HD at all.

Kev

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kfd said:

Bought this upgrade of Zinertek's.  Feel completely cheated.  Not HD at all.

Kev

Well it is relatively...in don't feel cheated.

spacer.png