YukonPete

New Level-D 767 HD VC textures released

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

5 minutes ago, Piotr007 said:

Overhead panel still seems to be 2d "map".

Its just new textures from a 3rd party. Its not from Level-d

• Upvote 1

Bought it at SimMarket today and to my surprise there're no instructions at all on how to install the HD textures into the winglets variants of the B767. Sent already an email to Zinertek asking for them (instructions). Regretfully, a lot of developers seem to rush their products out without checking if all the information is complete or it's not.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

There is a click me readme file you click on at the end of the installer.

15 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Bought it at SimMarket today and to my surprise there're no instructions at all on how to install the HD textures into the winglets variants of the B767. Sent already an email to Zinertek asking for them (instructions). Regretfully, a lot of developers seem to rush their products out without checking if all the information is complete or it's not.

Cheers, Ed

Go to the LVLD_B763 folder in your Airplanes folder. Inside that you will see a folder called Zinertek HD Upgrade. Copy the textures from that folder into the main texture folder within the LVLD_B763 & LVLD_B763_winglet folders.  It should copy over 29 files in each.

Hard to tell but it looks only marginally better than Andre's mod, and the OH is still 2d.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Hard to tell but it looks only marginally better than Andre's mod, and the OH is still 2d.

Only Texture bitmaps , so no fancy 3D additional panels.

The modelling hasn't changed...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Only Texture bitmaps , so no fancy 3D additional panels.

The modelling hasn't changed...

Copy that, andso maybe not worth the price of admission...

I had a hard time telling the difference with the new textures, so I took screenshots before and after installing the HD textures; the only difference that I see is that things like the texture on the glare shield and yoke look a little better, but important items like button labels don't look any better, and if fact, some of them are worse (the VOR/DME label under the auto/manual nav tuning button, for example)

I really don't see any value to this add-on.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Copy that, andso maybe not worth the price of admission...

I wasn't expecting any changes in the model, it's always going to be 2D unless Level-D decides to do a complete new model, but you're right, Chris, not worth the price of admission. I'll stick to Andre's mod, which is free and makes just enough of a difference not to fly with the default textures.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, petkez said:

Go to the LVLD_B763 folder in your Airplanes folder. Inside that you will see a folder called Zinertek HD Upgrade. Copy the textures from that folder into the main texture folder within the LVLD_B763 & LVLD_B763_winglet folders.  It should copy over 29 files in each.

Thanks Pete.

Did more or less what you suggest, but I don't think it's necessary to copy the 29 files into the main texture folder inside the LVLD767_Winglets, because that folder takes reference to the main texture folder of the non-winglet model. According to the Zinertek's User Guide, you should also copy all the 29 files into each livery variant, which I think is also not needed and it would be a waste of disk space. I think nothing should be done over the main texture folder of the winglet variant, except making sure you have the original textures that came with the LVLD767 into that folder.

Cheers, Ed

Meh, after flying the PMDG 777 and new 747, just can't go back to this, think I'll leave her as the pleasant memory she was...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Meh, after flying the PMDG 777 and new 747, just can't go back to this, think I'll leave her as the pleasant memory she was...

my thoughts aswell!

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

Leaning that way as well...the 2d VC cockpit is not cool.

Does anyone have textures like this at night after installing the so-called HD textures from Zinertek?

lLiYJsZ.png

And here during the day:

DuX0FVg.jpg

On 4/17/2017 at 7:10 PM, Nuno Pinto said:

Does anyone have textures like this at night after installing the so-called HD textures from Zinertek?

[pic snipped]

The textures have not installed correctly there.

If you have custom liveries installed, the mod will not automatically install the new HD textures into the livery folders.  Browse to your FSX/P3D / Airplanes folder and the LVLD767 and/or LVLD 767 Winglets folders.  In either of those, you'll find the new "Zinertek HD VC" folder.  Copy all of the textures in that folder into your main "Texture" folder for the LVLD 767, and into all livery (texture.[livery]) folders too.

Full instructions are in the readme, also in the Zinertek HD VC folder.

I have the same issue with the overhead panel as Nuno, even after re-reading the full instructions and trying 2 installations. The rest of the textures appear to be loading fine, but the overhead panel is dark until power-up, at which point it's completely illuminated and fine.

Unfortunately the textures are correctly installed. I mailed Zinertek about this and i quote...

The actual texture of the overhead panel is hard-coded into the aircraft. Therefore, the only way to modify the color and brightness of the overhead is through this texture:

As you can see, we are dealing with a transparent texture. The only solution to make the overhead panel match the color of the rest of our cockpit was by darkening the background in this texture. 

Unfortunately, when we darkened the texture, this also made the overhead panel look extremely dark during the day and night when all aircraft systems are off.

We could send you a a brighter texture that will fix darkness issue in the overhead panel but this would also mean that the panel will look a lot brighter than the rest of the cockpit when the systems are on:

So, this is how it is at night. Limitation of the model.

They will issue an update soon to address a few issues, but i don't think anything can be made about this one.

Thanks for sharing this, and, of course, I've just emailed them about the issue, too!