Victoroos

Prepar3d Crashes on 1070 MSI

23 posts in this topic

Hi all

Well, this looks a lot like my other thread a months or 2 ago huh? https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/505760-computer-crashesat-random-moments-troubleshooting-tips/#comment-3586027

Well, I shipped the card back,a nd got a replacement. A completely different card. The MSI Gaming X 1070.

However. it still happens. And, now I really have no clue.

750 watt should eb enough right? And, I have no problems with any other software except P3d.

I did a lot of flights on my old card (msi 760) while the new one was away, and no problems at all. SO I have no clue

Does anyone hav?

vkr

victor

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Looks like a heating issue ( cpu ) or mobo issue..

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

Looks like a heating issue ( cpu ) or mobo issue..

CPU issue definitely not (the cooling on it does it job very well 60 -.

Mobo would be.. pretty right? How the hack. it works fine with my older card.

Maybe a different pci e slot? or can't that be it?

or, what I find weird, that when running different intense software, no problems occur.

What's the actual crash? CTD? Any error code? Bluescreen?

Did you do basic stuff, delete you config and your shader folder?

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Did you do basic stuff, delete you config and your shader folder?

which also means not reload any old saved settings..right?

3 hours ago, Victoroos said:

CPU issue definitely not (the cooling on it does it job very well 60 -.

Mobo would be.. pretty right? How the hack. it works fine with my older card.

Maybe a different pci e slot? or can't that be it?

or, what I find weird, that when running different intense software, no problems occur.

Did you check your cpu temp ? 

How much a cooler costs says nothing. Did you use a good quality cooling paste ?

Delete your old P3D.cfg file as the old card may still exist in it.

On ‎21‎-‎4‎-‎2017 at 6:52 PM, GSalden said:

Did you check your cpu temp ? 

How much a cooler costs says nothing. Did you use a good quality cooling paste ?

Delete your old P3D.cfg file as the old card may still exist in it.

Yepp. I checked it and logged it while flying, it was around 64 before it crashed. (with the 60 I meant temp. sorry, my mistake :))

CFG has been deleted. still to nope. I can't find an entry for the card in the cfg though..

vkr

the thing that really bothers me, si that I  can use it fine with say, The witcher 3, Deus ex mankind, or futuremark benchmark without a problem.

Are you able to check / swap out your power supply ? To eliminate it as a fault. I find Flightsims a very good at finding weak spots in hardware. Forget about other games that run ok.

37 minutes ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

Are you able to check / swap out your power supply ? To eliminate it as a fault. I find Flightsims a very good at finding weak spots in hardware. Forget about other games that run ok.

I guess I could order a new one and then see wether it fixes it, or send it back in 30 days.

Do you have any recommendations? for my setup? (just to be sure ;))

I use an Enermax 900W which is probably overkill, but it is 5 years old, and never missed a beat. I have a GTX 970 and runs fine on it. 700W upwards you should be fine. You could just take yours out and get it tested.  Not saying PSU is your problem, but you need to rule it out.

On ‎23‎-‎4‎-‎2017 at 0:04 PM, Travelling_Wilbury said:

I use an Enermax 900W which is probably overkill, but it is 5 years old, and never missed a beat. I have a GTX 970 and runs fine on it. 700W upwards you should be fine. You could just take yours out and get it tested.  Not saying PSU is your problem, but you need to rule it out.

Gonna try an corsair RM850X

Problem is, it isn't very consistent in it's crashing. Like really really hard to trouble shoot.

I have had a failed PSU, and they can be intermittent, like most pc hardware. I was getting intermittent BSOD in about 1 in 19 flights, and turned out my Ram was knackered.

Really? that sounds like an intens test to go. Well, I'm gonna do one last test tonight, and otherwise I'll order the RM850X corsair