jimimac

Orbx Innsbruck for aerofly2

PC pilot has a advert for orbx Innsbruck  and it  states soon to be available for aerofly2 but doesn't say when anyone any idea when this will be available .

Jim

• Upvote 2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I keep saying good things come to those who wait......... 

(That's now my standard answer for all things Aerofly) :emu_melk:

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

I keep saying good things come to those who wait......... 

(That's now my standard answer for all things Aerofly) :emu_melk:

This is the standard answer by those who have inside knowledge :-)
The others can only hope for the best.

Where is it mentioned at the Orbx site that an AEFS2 version will become available ?

Well, "pelo sim e pelo não" / "by the yes and by the no"  as we say in Portuguese :) and it's direct translation, better put like "just in case"... I am pushing AEFS2 again into my disk.

Since I now only have 1 SSD ( the other broke ... ) for win10 + simulator(s), I am installing Swiss scenery only ( already a huge install just by itself ) and I plan to buy Orbx Innsbruck when it get's released, turning it possible to fly between Switzerland and Austria.

24 minutes ago, jcomm said:

I plan to buy Orbx Innsbruck when it get's released, turning it possible to fly between Switzerland and Austria.

Do you already have Innsbruck for FSX/P3D?

Nope Ben - I don't even have either installed :-)

Used P3D for a while to try the FSLabs A320, but gave up soon after - as usual :-/

Solid in ELITE, trying AEFS2 Swiss scenery, and considering Innsbruck if Orbx releases an AEFS2 version.

LOWI will come to aerofly FS2, I'm strongly beliefing in it.

Do you remember when John Venema mentioned in the OrbX forum, that Jarrad Marshall is on a trip to Europe, just some weeks ago? ...

Have you seen the people's animation with the new Utah release? ...

But I don't know when!

• Upvote 1

Yes, it even made me re-install AEFS2, just the Swiss scenery for now...

And I am still looking fwd for the Q-400 and their first rotary wing :-)

And for a better weather engine...

And...

Eheheh :-)

19 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Yes, it even made me re-install AEFS2, just the Swiss scenery for now...

And I am still looking fwd for the Q-400 and their first rotary wing :-)

And for a better weather engine...

And...

Eheheh :-)

I'm actually not sure that it's possible for any sim to completely satisfy you. Accordingly I propose we all chip in to buy you a real plane! :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

I can't wait what the addon does with performance. This will be an important release in several regards.

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

I'm actually not sure that it's possible for any sim to completely satisfy you. Accordingly I propose we all chip in to buy you a real plane! :biggrin:

A glider!!!!! I don't trust anything with an engine propelling it .... through the air... other than in sims :-)

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

A glider!!!!! I don't trust anything with an engine propelling it .... through the air... other than in sims :-)

lol

Biggest problema for me with this sim is that it still doesn't have a perpetual daylight and Moon ephemeris model, a mandatory requirement for me in any civil flight simulator.

I dumped X-Plane and even Aerowinx for the same reasons...

Also don't like the representation of night scenery in AEFS2. 

Will only revisit it if / when they update this... 

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

Biggest problema for me with this sim is that it still doesn't have a perpetual daylight and Moon ephemeris model, a mandatory requirement for me in any civil flight simulator.

Hve you tried Orbiter? http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/ That should make you happy... :smile:

Yeah!  I tried that one, but even Flight Gear does it :-)  as well as DCS and IL.2 BoX .... And of course ELITE IFR, FSX and P3D do it too...

I noticed this from the website:

- Full animation support: Moving PeopleFlow, vehicles and trains

So we'll see cars running on roads? That's probably the single most thing I want to see in FS2 to make its world not only picture perfect but live. Will definitely buy this addon if this is true!

Also it'll be interesting to see what kind of performance FS2 will be able sustain with traffic enabled.

==================================================

FTX INNSBRUCK for AEROFLY FS2 FEATURES:

- Innsbruck Airport recreated in full HD detail

- Full 2500 square km coverage area

- Sloped runway! A key feature of AF FS2

- Ultra-crisp terrain textures. Defined mountains, roads and rivers all the way to the horizon, no more blurries.  

- Incredible performance on even mid-range systems - far superior to FSX/P3D

- Amazing Virtual Reality integration: optimised for performance and smoothness, best-in-class.

- Full animation support: Moving PeopleFlow, vehicles and trains

- Complete autogen system - a major new feature previously unseen in AeroFly FS, expertly designed by the team at IPACS. 

- Volumetric grass 

- Crisp and accurate shadow engine

- Dozens of landmarks, POI and features, including two heliports. 

- Stunning atmospheric engine perfectly suited to VFR flying.

I've seen these, too. Obviously, these features like moving cars and autogen require quite some work by IPACS (supposedly in conjunction with ORBX) to be completed before June. Thus we (hopefully) can expect not only ORBX LOWI for AF2 but also a major feature upgrade for the core sim until mid-June. This might perhaps even be a good time to push AF2 out of EA.

Kind regards, Michael

1 hour ago, pmb said:

This might perhaps even be a good time to push AF2 out of EA.

Nah....

There's a bunch of other stuff to do. Getting ATC out the door, for one.

10 hours ago, pmb said:

I've seen these, too. Obviously, these features like moving cars and autogen require quite some work by IPACS (supposedly in conjunction with ORBX) to be completed before June. Thus we (hopefully) can expect not only ORBX LOWI for AF2 but also a major feature upgrade for the core sim until mid-June. This might perhaps even be a good time to push AF2 out of EA.

Kind regards, Michael

Hm, I doubt if a major update will come before mid-June. On the Orbx forum once of the dev of LOWI said that iPacs did create an autogen system already, so that's done, but he used it to add autogen to LOWI and he said the iPacs won't fill the entire world with autogen but that the system is there for addon developers to use. The moving cars etc. are part of the Orbx addon and not of the sim itself, just like in FSX and P3D.

Concerning pushing AF2 out of EA...

8 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Nah....

There's a bunch of other stuff to do. Getting ATC out the door, for one.

...if you wait for the sim to be 'complete' before pushing it out of EA it will NEVER ever get out of EA. Most flightsims will always be in development, things will change constantly, options will be added, updated, etc. Imho 'EA' is often a misused term. P3D is constantly being worked on but it has never been called EA. Name me a game or sim that is not 'EA' at the first official release...? Obviously there sometimes are projects on Steam that clearly are truly EA but AFS2 in its current state is working perfectly well and 'complete' enough to be pushed out of EA. In fact, I often think the EA sticker prevent people from buying it.

2 hours ago, J van E said:

Hm, I doubt if a major update will come before mid-June. On the Orbx forum once of the dev of LOWI said that iPacs did create an autogen system already, so that's done, but he used it to add autogen to LOWI and he said the iPacs won't fill the entire world with autogen but that the system is there for addon developers to use. The moving cars etc. are part of the Orbx addon and not of the sim itself, just like in FSX and P3D.

Concerning pushing AF2 out of EA...

...if you wait for the sim to be 'complete' before pushing it out of EA it will NEVER ever get out of EA. Most flightsims will always be in development, things will change constantly, options will be added, updated, etc. Imho 'EA' is often a misused term. P3D is constantly being worked on but it has never been called EA. Name me a game or sim that is not 'EA' at the first official release...? Obviously there sometimes are projects on Steam that clearly are truly EA but AFS2 in its current state is working perfectly well and 'complete' enough to be pushed out of EA. In fact, I often think the EA sticker prevent people from buying it.

In their roadmap and statements since, Ipacs have designated a few things they want available for early access.

On Steam they've mentioned an upcoming update to the SDK to make it even easier for people to add their own scenery. They also want to get at least a preliminary version of ATC out the door, and there are Jans updates to the autopilot and other systems coming as well.

On the aircraft front, the Dash 8 Q400 is still in the pipeline as well as the A380.

And other stuff..........