Sign in to follow this  
BrendanMan33

Exposed Green Lights?

I assume you mean around the MCP/glareshield screws and switches?

That looks like the primer paint to me. I'm not a 777 pilot, but that yellow-green is a standard shade used in most (if not all) aircraft as a primer. If you search for aircraft primer you'll see that colour on the exterior prior to the final paint of the respective airline's livery. I'm not sure how Boeing manufacture/paint the MCP/Glareshield but I would imagine it is similar to the rest of the metal structure.

Based on the registration, the aircraft is a 20 year old United 777-200ER. I understand United have a fairly high usage rate of the -200ER and as such I would expect to see that kind of wear and tear on the flight deck. After repeated button pushing and screw removal/replacement, the outer brown coat will eventually wear away to reveal whatever is underneath. I would say whomever created this repaint has attempted to replicate the age by adjusting the panel textures. By contrast the -300ER's are brand new and would be unlikely to have that level of wear.

Interesting that the pilots are excessively pressing the screw on the left bottom of the MCP hahah :wink:

3 hours ago, harvester21 said:

Interesting that the pilots are excessively pressing the screw on the left bottom of the MCP hahah :wink:

Uncoordinated pilots perhaps?? haha more likely maintenance replacing components in the MCP and screwing/unscrewing it.

8 hours ago, BrendanMan33 said:

Any explanation as to why these buttons are exposing a green light like this?

I don't recall those "2885" stickers in our default UA paint, so it looks like you've installed modded VC textures. If that's the case, it would be a question for whoever modded your VC textures outside of the provisions of the painkit (which should not be done, in accordance with the EULA).

Kyle Rodgers

8 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

I don't recall those "2885" stickers in our default UA paint, so it looks like you've installed modded VC textures. If that's the case, it would be a question for whoever modded your VC textures outside of the provisions of the painkit (which should not be done, in accordance with the EULA).

Thank you that's interesting. I'll see if any of the default planes are that way. 

Yup. N785UA is a Goldstar livery.  He adds a little more wear than RSR likes to see but his work is pretty good.

Dan Downs KCRP