Sign in to follow this  
Jcannon

ORBX 47% off for 31 days

If I pay using my Amex card from the US and the charge is in AUD. not sure how much extra% exchange rate I have to pay...

Its becoming too complicated without Paypal.

Then I see this.

Dynamic currency conversion

The companies that provide this service say it’s useful because you’re “certain” of the rate you’ll be paying, but there is always an extra fee associated with it, and if you have a card with foreign transaction fees you’ll still get hit with a foreign transaction fee on top of it because the purchase takes place in a foreign country, so you could be paying an extra 7% or more on your transaction. With the exchange rate offered by Visa and MasterCard so competitive and easy to check there’s little reason to accept handling your credit card purchase in dollars when you’re in another country.

Unfortunately, some merchants like restaurants don’t always let you see the terminal, letting one of their employees swipe your card. And at those places make sure you ask to pay in the local currency to avoid the extra fee.

One trick – American Express does not allow dynamic conversion and its fees, so if you’re unsure, use your American Express card to pay and you won’t face that charge.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Wow.  That's more of a discount than the Christmas sale!  Isn't the Christmas one only 39% off or something like that?

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Simulators:  Prepar3D v3.4, Prepar3D v4.5, FSX:SE, FSX:Gold Edition

Using the FSX Deluxe Edition SDK SP2 for development.

3 hours ago, caleb1 said:

Wow.  That's more of a discount than the Christmas sale!  Isn't the Christmas one only 39% off or something like that?

It was a sale...:loading:

30 minutes ago, tremor595 said:

It was a sale...:loading:

Yes, he knows it was a sale.. he was asking if the discount wasn-t the biggest yet, even more than the one they have at Christmas...

6 hours ago, Raven9000 said:

Yes, he knows it was a sale.. he was asking if the discount wasn-t the biggest yet, even more than the one they have at Christmas...

Then sorry! I was mis-reading...🤓

Thanks

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Simulators:  Prepar3D v3.4, Prepar3D v4.5, FSX:SE, FSX:Gold Edition

Using the FSX Deluxe Edition SDK SP2 for development.

Unfortunately, I missed this event, any ideas when Orbx usually/annually has sales (other than the obvious Xmas)?

Ta-C 

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

November

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

2 hours ago, lasnubes said:

Unfortunately, I missed this event, any ideas when Orbx usually/annually has sales (other than the obvious Xmas)?

Ta-C 

2 hours ago, carlito777 said:

November

Yep, usually like this around may, and then end of November/start of December and runs all through new year's.