bbuckley

NORCAL performance

I have FTX Global, Vector and NA LC installed.  I just bought KMRY and didn't realize that NORCAL was required for full features and proper elevation.  My bad...  So I'm quite willing to buy NORCAL but I'm worried about performance (system specs below). 

What is your experience with NORCAL in addition to FTX Global, Vector and NA LC?  I've heard a lot of performance gripes with SOCAL. 

If I could just get the elevation issues fixed, I'd probably skip getting the region, but I've tried AEC enabled and disabled and there are plateaus and trenches etc either way without NORCAL.  Is that fixed by installing the region?

Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

NORCAL (as well as all of their regions) are well worth it. You shouldn't have performance issues with your system. I used NORCAL with all of the airports with a system slower than yours and only had low fps around the big cities, but even then it was serviceable. 

27 minutes ago, bbuckley said:

I have FTX Global, Vector and NA LC installed.  I just bought KMRY and didn't realize that NORCAL was required for full features and proper elevation.  My bad...  So I'm quite willing to buy NORCAL but I'm worried about performance (system specs below). 

What is your experience with NORCAL in addition to FTX Global, Vector and NA LC?  I've heard a lot of performance gripes with SOCAL. 

If I could just get the elevation issues fixed, I'd probably skip getting the region, but I've tried AEC enabled and disabled and there are plateaus and trenches etc either way without NORCAL.  Is that fixed by installing the region?

Thanks!

With your system, and since you are still running DX9, I would also recommend investing in Steve's DX10 Fixer and run with DX10.  Just a thought.  FTX NCA will not cause any problems with your system as is.

Have no performance problems with NorCal, except around San Francisco, and my system is not as powerful as years. However, I am flying P3Dv3 not FSX. It's a great scenery (so is SoCal) and would recommend you get it.

Thanks all!  I went for it today (on sale) and in just a quick test around KMRY everything looked great and no performance issues.  I'll take it for a longer flight tonight, but I really appreciate your inputs!

Thanks,

Bruce