Raven9000

A2A *FREE* Updates for P3D v4

Recommended Posts

 

 

Heads up, just saw through A2A's Twitter feed that they have stated they will be providing *FREE* 64 bit updates to all of their airplanes for P3D v4!

 

On release date, May 30th they will have the C172 ready for all previous customers, and the rest of the planes will be released subsequently such as the Cherokee, C182, Comanche, etc.

 

Good times!

 

http://fb.me/8vLdf56Ex

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

WOW, that's something I didn't expect. Together with ORBX providing free Scenery updates this should put some pressure onto the other developers.

Bright times ahead.

Kind regards, Michael

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

And PMDG have stated a long time ago. I won't be upgrading any addons I own that I have to pay an upgrade fee for. If ORBX, A2A and PMDG can do it, then the rest have no excuse.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

I was reading the thread on the FSL forums about this last night,sounds like they'd like to charge an upgrade fee.

I've got a fair bit invested in PMDG, Orbx and A2A for P3D, so I'm stoked that they're all committed to upgrading for free.

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

I was reading the thread on the FSL forums about this last night,sounds like they'd like to charge an upgrade fee.

I've got a fair bit invested in PMDG, Orbx and A2A for P3D, so I'm stoked that they're all committed to upgrading for free.

 

So FSL did not charge an upgrade fee (or new purchase) from FSX/FSX-SE to P3D where A2A and PMDG did but they are charging a small upgrade fee for V4.  All seems about even but with a slightly different approach.

Share this post


Link to post

This is the very reason I walked away from FS one month after the release of V3 and I have not spent a penny on addons since then. I'll jump on V4 as soon as it comes out but I still won't buy any addons until they are are developed specifically for V4. I have no doubt that once I get into V4 I will no longer have an OOM problems with the setting I like. I had V2 and V3 running perfectly smoothly on my system but I just couldn't get the setting I need for immersion without OOM's. I have $$$$ of addons and I see already that the main ones will work in a 64bit P3D. Seems like Sim Nirvana is here :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, MarkW said:

So FSL did not charge an upgrade fee (or new purchase) from FSX/FSX-SE to P3D where A2A and PMDG did but they are charging a small upgrade fee for V4.  All seems about even but with a slightly different approach.

What?  FSL Is so charging for an upgrade... no less than 40 bucks if you want to get the P3D version as an upgrade from the FSX version, it's right on the main page of the 320...

 

And what does FSX to P3D have to do with upgrades from P3D "x" to P3D "y"...?

 

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Avidean said:

This is the very reason I walked away from FS one month after the release of V3 and I have not spent a penny on addons since then. I'll jump on V4 as soon as it comes out but I still won't buy any addons until they are are developed specifically for V4. I have no doubt that once I get into V4 I will no longer have an OOM problems with the setting I like. I had V2 and V3 running perfectly smoothly on my system but I just couldn't get the setting I need for immersion without OOM's. I have $$$$ of addons and I see already that the main ones will work in a 64bit P3D. Seems like Sim Nirvana is here :laugh:

Not really sure why... almost all add-ons I have were give free updates to P3D v3

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Raven9000 said:

Not really sure why... almost all add-ons I have were give free updates to P3D v3

Sure it was a bit more complicated than that but it was part of the reasoning

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Raven9000 said:

What?  FSL Is so charging for an upgrade... no less than 40 bucks if you want to get the P3D version as an upgrade from the FSX version, it's right on the main page of the 320...

 

And what does FSX to P3D have to do with upgrades from P3D "x" to P3D "y"...?

 

I was referring to the no charge upgrade from the initial release in FSX to when the P3D version was released.

Share this post


Link to post

Wich means that A2A leaves me empty handed since i have the C172 P3D Academic v2.0? Or do i get a free version anyway. I'm in my A2A-account right now and don't see any download options.

Edit: Never mind, A2A confirmed that the zip.file still has the name v2.0, but will be compatible with P3D v4 when i download it from my order history.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now