Sign in to follow this  
Budbud

Advice regarding purchasing

Hello,

Pardon me if that has been already answered somewhere else.

This is not a post to discuss about pricing policy nor to request price info but I would appreciate an advice for the future.

I'm already owner of the 737NGX, 77L+77W and 744 exclusively for FSX. 

With the annoucement regarding P3D v4 64bit, I'm going soon to eventually switch to P3D. I'm therefore going to purchase all the addons above for P3D and my question is whether I should buy the P3D v3 version now and beneficiate from the free upgrade to P3D v4 or simply wait for the P3D v4?

I'm not sure whether the annoucement regarding the free upgrade to P3D v4 for P3D v3 addons owner means that the versions for P3D v4 will be sold at the same price as the actual v3 version?

Thanks for the understanding.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I'd say go for V4, buying the older version a few days before the new one comes out would be unwise, after all, if you didn't like it, you could always go for the older one afterwards..

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

53 minutes ago, Chock said:

I'd say go for V4, buying the older version a few days before the new one comes out would be unwise, after all, if you didn't like it, you could always go for the older one afterwards..

Yes, unless it gets pulled...

As they have already stated it will be a free upgrade, and they stressed in bold that it would be for customers *up to* the release date of May 30, I would definitely buy it now and enjoy the v3 and then get the free v4 update. 

So those that purchase say the 747 before May 30th will be able to activate the product in V4? 

I am in the same boat and unsure how to proceed. I have the NGX and 777 in FSX but the 747 for P3D and want to upgrade all to V4.  My concern is if I purchase now perhaps being after the announcement date it's too late. My guess is PMDG are pretty reasonable on this issue but that is one hell of an expensive mistake if I am wrong. 

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

7 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I am in the same boat and unsure how to proceed. I have the NGX and 777 in FSX but the 747 for P3D and want to upgrade all to V4.  My concern is if I purchase now perhaps being after the announcement date it's too late. My guess is PMDG are pretty reasonable on this issue but that is one hell of an expensive mistake if I am wrong. 

From what I understand and after reading RSR's post from yesterday regarding V4, anyone who already has aircraft for P3D whether it be your 747, then you will get a free update to V4, if you do not have any of those aircraft on the day of release of V4 then what ever price they are charging for the 747 for V4 you will have to pay that. 

I purchased the 747 QOTSII today for P3D V3, I will receive the update to V4 for free, just like I have the 777 base pack as well as expansion, those licenses will be available to be activated within P3D V4. 

As for FSX Licenses, like you have the NGX and 777 for FSX, then you will have to purchase those addons again as the EULA is different, PMDG clearly stated that back in 2015 when they entered the P3D market. 

1 minute ago, MarkW said:

747 is clear and understood. 

737 and 777. So you are saying if I buy for P3D v3 today I will get he free upgrade to v4 when they are released. 

Taken from RSR's post yesterday "Again I want to stress that PMDG customers who have already purchased our products for Prepar3D v3 **as of the day we release the Prepar3D v4 compatible version** will receive the update at no cost...  (No matter what foolishness you read on the internet!  )" 

Well I just purchased the 777 and expansion for P3D as well as the 737 plus expansion for P3D.  Now officially my most expensive flgiht sim purchase outside of hardware....Orbx held my previous spending person best.  Its always good to strive for better!!!

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

2 hours ago, shamrockflyer said:

So those that purchase say the 747 before May 30th will be able to activate the product in V4? 

31 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Thanks, that is pretty clear.  Appreciate it.

All, don't want to be rude but why don't you read the anouncement from PMDG directly? It's on the front page for heaven's sake...

They clearly say of you own the products before it release (up to may 30th) you'll get a free uograde from the v3 version to the 64bit v4 version

Just now, MarkW said:

Well I just purchased the 777 and expansion for P3D as well as the 737 plus expansion for P3D.  Now officially my most expensive flgiht sim purchase outside of hardware....Orbx held my previous spending person best.  Its always good to strive for better!!!

Congratulations! i already have those for P3D but don't have the 747, so considering that since it's pretty darn expensive...

2 minutes ago, Raven9000 said:

All, don't want to be rude but why don't you read the anouncement from PMDG directly? It's on the front page for heaven's sake...

They clearly say of you own the products before it release (up to may 30th) you'll get a free uograde from the v3 version to the 64bit v4 version

I did read that but for some reason when I did it did not seem a clear.  I think my head was foggy from all of the P3D v4 news and discussion going on yesterday.

Mark W   CYYZ      

7 hours ago, Raven9000 said:

The question is whether the v4 will be sold at the same price as the v3.

If it is the case, then no need to buy the v3 to get the free update, buy straight the v4 when it is released.
However, if the v4 was more expensive than the v3, then it would be wise to consider buying the V3 now and get the free update to v4.

And that is what I'm wondering.

Edit: I think I can safely deduce from Ryan's quoted below that the addons for P3D v4 will be sold at the same price as the ones for the v3.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

1 hour ago, Budbud said:

The question is whether the v4 will be sold at the same price as the v3.

If it is the case, then no need to buy the v3 to get the free update, buy straight the v4 when it is released.
However, if the v4 was more expensive than the v3, then it would be wise to consider buying the V3 now and get the free update to v4.

And that is what I'm wondering.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/510636-prepar3d-v4-compatibility-and-pmdg-products/?page=6

"Does this mean that P3D products will go up in price once they are initially released to existing users? In which case I, as a new P3D customer, might be paying more for exactly the same licence existing customers have. That doesn't seem right to me, especially as the current price includes the 64 bit conversion. I've been holding off converting to P3D because of its higher VAS usage compared to FSX-SE. With 64 bits that is no longer a factor, but the risk of a higher PMDG price could put me, and other new customers, off switching completely. I can't remember a situation before where PMDG increased the price of a product so this would be a first."

"No idea how you got that out of RSR's announcement. No, the prices are not going up and will remain what they've been since we started supporting P3D." Ryan Maziarz

I think no need to rush for FSX users...