Sign in to follow this  

gerald

I'm not having andy's success with mce in P3DV4 after installing 2.7.20.

this version of mce works fine in fsx but I get the attached when trying in P3DV4  ... seems odd to be looking for fsinsider.dll alongside fsinsider.ini. & not fsinsider64.dll which is what was installed  !

for now, cheers

john martin

6 hours ago, vadriver said:

gerald

I'm not having andy's success with mce in P3DV4 after installing 2.7.20.

this version of mce works fine in fsx but I get the attached when trying in P3DV4  ... seems odd to be looking for fsinsider.dll alongside fsinsider.ini. & not fsinsider64.dll which is what was installed  !

HI John.

That message probably needs a facelift.:biggrin:

To get it to work. Go to \Prepar3D v4\ oflder and check you have...

fsInsider64.dll

fsInsider.ini

A folder <MCE dlls> with many dlls inside it, one for each supported complex aircraft. These are 64 Bit dlls. Do not copy them from FSX or P3D V3.4 installation folder. The installer is expected to put them there.

One last thing left is to ensure P3D V4 loads fsInsider64.dll o startup.

A quick run of the app wizard, without going through speech training, should ensure "dll.xml" in C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ is edited to include these lines

<Launch.Addon>
  <Name>Multi Crew Experience</Name>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
  <Path>fsInsider64.dll</Path>
 </Launch.Addon>

Assuming it is the case, and you set "Prepar3D.exe" to run as administrator, next time you fire the sim, MCE should be able to connect to P3D V4 as well.

Hi!

Installed what seems to be version 2.7.2.0. Having one problem and one question.

The problem: I'm making myself follow LM's guidelines, meaning using the add-on.xmls to add stuff. But airplanes I've added that way aren't recognized by MCE (the standard ones are).

The question: Where are the settings saved? MCE doesn't seem to touch the fsinsider.ini in the main folder (FSX and P3D4). I have a script to set FO and ATC used before starting MCE, and I'd like to continue to use that.

Edit: The fsinsider64.dll wasn't added to the dll.xml, I then did that.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

12 hours ago, FS++ said:

That message probably needs a facelift.:biggrin:

gerald

my face / head is lifted !

all's well .... needed to add the needed to the v4 dll.xml manually despite a 4th use of the wizard.

interestingly, a dll.xml had been added to my P3D folder though i don't have / never had a copy.

for now, cheers

john martin

10 hours ago, vadriver said:

gerald

my face / head is lifted !

all's well .... needed to add the needed to the v4 dll.xml manually despite a 4th use of the wizard.

interestingly, a dll.xml had been added to my P3D folder though i don't have / never had a copy.

It's the wizard that adds a default one, when there is none in place.

Hello, FS++,

unfortunately MCE can not connect to P3Dv4. This:

"A quick run of the app wizard, without going through speech training, should ensure "dll.xml" in C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ is edited to include these lines

<Launch.Addon>
 </Launch.Addon>"

does not exist in dll.xml. You can see it at the photos in appendix. But I did start MCE before launching P3Dv4 (quick run of the app wizard) and I startet after launching P3Dv4, but no reaction. Although I have started MCE many times it mostly starts with the text: "as this is the first start, please make sure..." and so on. Now, I see, it is not possible to upload screenshots in this forum. I hope, you have an idea.

Greetings

Werner

8 minutes ago, drtraub said:

Hello, FS++,

unfortunately MCE can not connect to P3Dv4. This:

"A quick run of the app wizard, without going through speech training, should ensure "dll.xml" in C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ is edited to include these lines

<Launch.Addon>
 </Launch.Addon>"

does not exist in dll.xml. You can see it at the photos in appendix. But I did start MCE before launching P3Dv4 (quick run of the app wizard) and I startet after launching P3Dv4, but no reaction. Although I have started MCE many times it mostly starts with the text: "as this is the first start, please make sure..." and so on. Now, I see, it is not possible to upload screenshots in this forum. I hope, you have an idea.

Greetings

Werner

For MCE which runs externally to the sim for better stability of the latter,  to connect to P3D...

Ensure those lines are present in "dll.xml". The wizard should add these automatically.

Ensure you have these files inside \Prepar3D v4\ folder

fsInsider64.dll

fsInsider.ini

A folder named <MCE dlls> (with many dlls inside it). These are 64 bit dlls, Do not copy the folder form the 32 Bit installation.

Finally, make sure "Prepar3D.exe" is set to run as admin. If launching P3D using SimStarter or other apps, make sure the launcher app is also set to run as admin.

Start P3D, wait until aircraft is ready to fly. Start MCE, and provided the 64 bit dll is loaded inside the sim, it should be able to connect.

Well, as I said above, in dll.xml there are no lines with "Multi Crew Experience", but with FSUIPC 5. Here is the text out of dll.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="Launch"><Descr>Launch</Descr><Filename>dll.xml</Filename><Disabled>False</Disabled><Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad><Launch.Addon><Name>as_connect</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>as_srv\as_connect_64.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>FSUIPC 5</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>Modules\FSUIPC5.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>as_connect</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Path></Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

fsinsider64.dll and fsinsider.dll and fsinsider.ini are in the p3dv4 folder.

Remove fsinsider.dll. This is 32 bit. (fsx,).

This is what you'll only need:

"Ensure you have these files inside \Prepar3D v4\ folder

fsInsider64.dll

fsInsider.ini"

John Cramer

2 hours ago, drtraub said:

Well, as I said above, in dll.xml there are no lines with "Multi Crew Experience", but with FSUIPC 5. Here is the text out of dll.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="Launch"><Descr>Launch</Descr><Filename>dll.xml</Filename><Disabled>False</Disabled><Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad><Launch.Addon><Name>as_connect</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>as_srv\as_connect_64.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>FSUIPC 5</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>Modules\FSUIPC5.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>as_connect</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Path></Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

fsinsider64.dll and fsinsider.dll and fsinsider.ini are in the p3dv4 folder.

Please send your "dll.xml" file to support[at]multicrewxp.com.

In return, we'd send you a properly formatted one. 

Thanks

18 hours ago, FS++ said:

It's the wizard that adds a default one, when there is none in place.

gerald

just to confirm in more detail my earlier advice is that the wizard appears not to add the required extras to C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\dll.xml ........but creates a "new" 32bit dll.xml for mce alone in C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\

this may be werner's experience as well.

for now, cheers

john martin

12 hours ago, FS++ said:

Please send your "dll.xml" file to support[at]multicrewxp.com.

In return, we'd send you a properly formatted one. 

Thanks

Hello, I have sent it to you. Many thanks for the help!

12 hours ago, starter said:

Remove fsinsider.dll. This is 32 bit. (fsx,).

This is what you'll only need:

"Ensure you have these files inside \Prepar3D v4\ folder

fsInsider64.dll

fsInsider.ini"

No, that has no effect. Perhaps the new dll.xml from FS++ will work...

Regards

Werner

7 hours ago, vadriver said:

gerald

just to confirm in more detail my earlier advice is that the wizard appears not to add the required extras to C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\dll.xml ........but creates a "new" 32bit dll.xml for mce alone in C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\

this may be werner's experience as well.

Indeed, the wizard wasn't helpful this time. Now full download package updated here.

Those who prefer to patch manually, download this patch, manually replace 1 file and add 2 files to \Support\ folder.

Thanks, and sorry once again. One beta tester raised the issue earlier and it was treated as a one off.

Hello,

after downloading again the full download package everything is working very fine! Thank you!

Werner

On 7/16/2017 at 2:09 PM, d.tsakiris said:

Hi!

Installed what seems to be version 2.7.2.0. Having one problem and one question.

The problem: I'm making myself follow LM's guidelines, meaning using the add-on.xmls to add stuff. But airplanes I've added that way aren't recognized by MCE (the standard ones are).

The question: Where are the settings saved? MCE doesn't seem to touch the fsinsider.ini in the main folder (FSX and P3D4). I have a script to set FO and ATC used before starting MCE, and I'd like to continue to use that.

Gerald,

can you please comment on this? Thanks!

Dimitri

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else