RobWhightNZ

V4: Goes so well, I won't be upgrading hardware just yet :-)

For those of you that have yet to download, install and have a play with V4, I can report that I have been pleasantly surprised with the performance on my rig - I had built myself up for some serious exercise of that plastic card (followed by smuggling in boxes and "cleaning the computer" - code for installing new gear :cool:) but that doesn't appear necessary as yet.

I'm running an i7-4770K @4.1 Ghz, 16Gb DDR3 and 2 x 780Ti in SLI. I know it is early days and I'm not yet loaded up with Traffic, ASCA, PMDG etc (they will be coming soon enough :biggrin:) and that could change things but so far, pretty impressed. I haven't got all the slides fully to the right but have certainly pushed them over much more than I have in the past but I am running triple screen 5040x1050; I've gone for 30 fps fixed and seem to largely maintain that when flying round a whole bunch of the FS DreamTeam sceneries (Yes, the plastic did take a hammering there - I though, why not .... :cool:)

I had a few CTDs to start with and can't figure why but then they seem to have disappeared and she's stable. Now looking forward to my PMDG T7 and NGX coming alive and then I'll splash for the 747. At least I can happily wait whilst a CPU war develops (hopefully !) and then I'll have myself a new MoBo/CPU/Ram combo with a 1080 Ti once there's some evidence on what multiple cores do for the sim.

Happy days guys - all credit to LM. Big step forward from my perspective.

Rob

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

CPU war... Intel announced the I9 yesterday 

52 minutes ago, RobWhightNZ said:

For those of you that have yet to download, install and have a play with V4, I can report that I have been pleasantly surprised with the performance on my rig - I had built myself up for some serious exercise of that plastic card (followed by smuggling in boxes and "cleaning the computer" - code for installing new gear :cool:) but that doesn't appear necessary as yet.

I'm running an i7-4770K @4.1 Ghz, 16Gb DDR3 and 2 x 780Ti in SLI. I know it is early days and I'm not yet loaded up with Traffic, ASCA, PMDG etc (they will be coming soon enough :biggrin:) and that could change things but so far, pretty impressed. I haven't got all the slides fully to the right but have certainly pushed them over much more than I have in the past but I am running triple screen 5040x1050; I've gone for 30 fps fixed and seem to largely maintain that when flying round a whole bunch of the FS DreamTeam sceneries (Yes, the plastic did take a hammering there - I though, why not .... :cool:)

I had a few CTDs to start with and can't figure why but then they seem to have disappeared and she's stable. Now looking forward to my PMDG T7 and NGX coming alive and then I'll splash for the 747. At least I can happily wait whilst a CPU war develops (hopefully !) and then I'll have myself a new MoBo/CPU/Ram combo with a 1080 Ti once there's some evidence on what multiple cores do for the sim.

Happy days guys - all credit to LM. Big step forward from my perspective.

Rob

Sounds good rob... Which addon a/c did you use??

Which weather programme did you use???

How did vpilot work with it..???

How does the f16 do loops in it???

I saw a guy on twitch yesterday with stupid yellow sunglasses on,  so it must be good.  

SLI you say ? i have simular setup with GTX970´s in SLI (latest drivers ? )

Great info btw :cool:

Thanks

Michael Moe

Thanks for the report.  It's good to know feedback from people with system like yours.

@tooting

- only default a/c so far. Once they are release, I'll be firing up the PMDG range and aerosoft airbus

- no weather programme yet. Once they release it, I'll be going forward with AS16 and ASCA again. Found these very good in V3.4

- what's vpilot?

- F16 always does great loops 😆

@Michael Moe:

- certainly latest drivers I believe (I haven't specifically checked but as a rule I do keep them updated)

- definitely SLI (can't say if this is providing any specific gain as I have tried with SLI)

once ive done a bit more fiddling, I'll update with my actual settings from the internal options (I haven't even looked at .cfg tweaks as yet). I'm not one for squeezing every last slider to the right with shadows casting shadows on shadows 😉 I just want it looking good, smooth and above all stable.

Cheers,

R