trisho0

PMDG MD-11 (FS2004) Questions

Recommended Posts

Started PMDG MD-11 fs9 Tutorial 1 last revision: Jan 5, 2009. After I press F-PLN key from FMC and hit LSK 1L (EGLL) it goes to Lateral Revision (LAT REV)  page then I press SID. I can select the runway 27L but can't find the waypoint DVR4G departure route to select it. How to continue with the tutorial if I am stuck due to that missing waypoint? I tried with scenery EGLL scenery default and with Aerosoft London-Heathrow Xtended.

Selected a different waypoint and after completed the preparation I got lost in the space .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This was posted in the PMDG 747 Queen of the Skies II section of the forum for some reason.

Moved it to the appropriate location. Please be mindful of where threads are being started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

This was posted in the PMDG 747 Queen of the Skies II section of the forum for some reason.

Moved it to the appropriate location. Please be mindful of where threads are being started.

So sorry about. I did a search about MD-11 tutorial topic and not found. I opened this new thread which is for the MD-11 only. But, if I am wrong please remove this thread and I go where you say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, trisho0 said:

So sorry about. I did a search about MD-11 tutorial topic and not found. I opened this new thread which is for the MD-11 only. But, if I am wrong please remove this thread and I go where you say.

As I wrote in the earlier post, I have already moved it. The matter wasn't "was their an existing post," the matter was that you posted it in the 747 section of the forum, and this is clearly related to the MD-11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

As I wrote in the earlier post, I have already moved it. The matter wasn't "was their an existing post," the matter was that you posted it in the 747 section of the forum, and this is clearly related to the MD-11.

Please, can you give me that link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Patricio

I have just looked at the Tutorial PDF and DVR4G SID is on Page 2. Did you go to Page 2?

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/06/02/MD-11Tutorial.jpg

I guess so. After selecting F-PLN key from FMC I select LSK 1L EGLL and I press SID which is the 2nd page. When I select the runway 27L I don't see the DVR4G no matter if I travel up or down on the same page. It is then I am stuck, can't continue tutorial as it should. The link you show is an exact image as the tutorial 1. But, I don't see such waypoint in question. I am still trying over again the tutorial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vc10man said:

Patricio

I have just looked at the Tutorial PDF and DVR4G SID is on Page 2. Did you go to Page 2?

I did screenshots:

After selecting F-PLN / EGLL:

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GAzK

After selecting RWY 27L:

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GAzf

Still, I don't see DVR4G and even if I insert DVR4G as a waypoint I receive a message "Not in Database"

I use AIRAC 1705 version 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

I did screenshots:

After selecting F-PLN / EGLL:

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GAzK

After selecting RWY 27L:

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GAzf

Still, I don't see DVR4G and even if I insert DVR4G as a waypoint I receive a message "Not in Database"

I use AIRAC 1705 version 3.

Probably your Airac no longer has that SID.  Tutorial is several years old and your Airac is up to date.

Mike

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Mike777 said:

Probably your Airac no longer has that SID.  Tutorial is several years old and your Airac is up to date.

Mike

 

 

Oddly enough, Mike, that was my first thoughts but I edited that mention of the AIRAC Cycle out, thinking as it was a Tutorial written up eons ago, the latest AIRAC would not affect it.

Smart observation there. Guess I'll have to go to SpecsSavers !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Mike777 said:

Probably your Airac no longer has that SID.  Tutorial is several years old and your Airac is up to date.

Mike

 

 

who knows, maybe. I would have to find another tutorial then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Oddly enough, Mike, that was my first thoughts but I edited that mention of the AIRAC Cycle out, thinking as it was a Tutorial written up eons ago, the latest AIRAC would not affect it.

Smart observation there. Guess I'll have to go to SpecsSavers !!

I may have to isolate the PMDG MD-11 tutorial and take a look at videos tutorial from youtube.com at least to find out on how the MD-11 FMC works. For right now the 777 and 747 is more friendly for me (lol).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

I may have to isolate the PMDG MD-11 tutorial and take a look at videos tutorial from youtube.com at least to find out on how the MD-11 FMC works. For right now the 777 and 747 is more friendly for me (lol).

Hi Patricio,

I have the MD-11 for FSX and it looks like it uses the same or a similar flight plan for the Tutorial.

Instead of SID DVR4G use DET2G and add DET UL6.  This will get you to Dover (DVR).

For the STAR use BLM2G instead of BLM1G.   Keep the GIPOL transition for Runway 14.

The plan should look like this:

EGLL DET2G DET UL6 DVR UL9 KONAN UL607 KOK UM150 DIK UN852 GTQ BLM BLM2G LSZH

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trisho0 said:

find out on how the MD-11 FMC works.

No different than the 777 or the 747.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mike777 said:

I have the MD-11 for FSX and it looks like it uses the same or a similar flight plan for the Tutorial.

That is where my screengrab was from, earlier post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, vc10man said:

That is where my screengrab was from, earlier post.

Hi Rick,

I see.  I take it you still have a much older navigation database installed? 

1 hour ago, trisho0 said:

I may have to isolate the PMDG MD-11 tutorial and take a look at videos tutorial from youtube.com at least to find out on how the MD-11 FMC works. For right now the 777 and 747 is more friendly for me (lol).

Just to clarify my previous post: DET2G & DVR4G are not waypoints.  DET2G is a SID (Standard Departure) and BLM2G is a STAR (Standard Arrival). If you use them where the Tutorial calls for DVR4G and BLM1G, you should be good to go.  I can see DET2G in your screen shot and BLM2G should be there too.  From looking at various charts, I'm almost certain they are in the current Airac.  I am sure that DVR4G is not a current departure as it doesn't show up in the list of SIDs for Heathrow.

Mike

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Mike777 said:

Hi Patricio,

I have the MD-11 for FSX and it looks like it uses the same or a similar flight plan for the Tutorial.

Instead of SID DVR4G use DET2G and add DET UL6.  This will get you to Dover (DVR).

For the STAR use BLM2G instead of BLM1G.   Keep the GIPOL transition for Runway 14.

The plan should look like this:

EGLL DET2G DET UL6 DVR UL9 KONAN UL607 KOK UM150 DIK UN852 GTQ BLM BLM2G LSZH

Mike

Not sure if you were the first helper asking me to post my messages with my name on it. If so, then you are good Captain too (lol). I will proceed tomorrow night your F-PLN.

I have both recently purchased. The MD-11X and the fs9. The tutorial I am learning is for the fs9. The problem with such missing waypoint (DVR4G) is from fs9. I didn't try on the FSX yet.

Many thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, vc10man said:

No different than the 777 or the 747.

Oh Yes! Big differences. 777 and 747 very similar if not the same. MD-11 has the MCDU (FMC) totally different procedures I mean very complicated comparing with 777 and 747. Well.... it's just me and maybe the MD-11 is easy too. I need to complete the tutorial to see at the end. From the MD-11 I don't know yet how to prepare the ILS approach. From 777 and 747 is more easy but MD-11 .....OOPS! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

I have both recently purchased. The MD-11X and the fs9. The tutorial I am learning is for the fs9. The problem with such missing waypoint (DVR4G) is from fs9. I didn't try on the FSX yet.

Hi Patricio,

It won't matter whether you use FS9 or FSX.  The database used by the MD-11 and other PMDG aircraft is separate from the FS9 (or FSX) database.  (It's in the FS9\PMDG folder.) You will be able to fly the revised tutorial flight plan.

You can have problems with missing runways and nav aids. That information IS in the FS9 database.  For example KSEA, KIAD and KORD have more and/or differently numbered runways from when FS9 (and FSX) was created.  You can also have problems with  changed frequencies for ILS approaches and other nav aids.  This is because when you tune an ILS for example, the aircraft radio looks for a signal generated by FS9.  If FS9 has a different ILS frequency from what the aircraft's radio is tuned to, the aircraft radio won't detect it.  

You can  tell what nav aids and runways are available and their frequencies by looking in FS9's Map.

Mike

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mike777 said:

 Just to clarify my previous post: DET2G & DVR4G are not waypoints.  DET2G is a SID (Standard Departure) and BLM2G is a STAR (Standard Arrival). If you use them where the Tutorial calls for DVR4G and BLM1G, you should be good to go.  I can see DET2G in your screen shot and BLM2G should be there too.  From looking at various charts, I'm almost certain they are in the current Airac.  I am sure that DVR4G is not a current departure as it doesn't show up in the list of SIDs for Heathrow.

Mike

 

Hmm.... interesting. They are not waypoints..... now I understand better. SID and STAR. I never used SID/STAR on 747 FMC and I am be able to do Autoland. I am sure will be more professional to work with SID/STAR but I need to learn from MD-11 this time. After MD-11 I will do 777 and 747 tutorials again.

On the another hand I can download AIRAC 1706 since I am subscribed for a year but if I update the AIRAC I will need to update some airports code like Hong-Kong Kai-Tak and Casablanca for Level-D, PMDG and PSS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

Hmm.... interesting. They are not waypoints..... now I understand better. SID and STAR. I never used SID/STAR on 747 FMC and I am be able to do Autoland. I am sure will be more professional to work with SID/STAR but I need to learn from MD-11 this time. After MD-11 I will do 777 and 747 tutorials again.

On the another hand I can download AIRAC 1706 since I am subscribed for a year but if I update the AIRAC I will need to update some airports code like Hong-Kong Kai-Tak and Casablanca for Level-D, PMDG and PSS.

You can get an idea of SIDs and STARs by looking at the charts for Heathrow at this link:

http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/index.php%3Foption=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=94&Itemid=143.html

I picked DET2G because the endpoint DET (Detling) is near DVR (Dover).

Yes each time you will have to reinstall some of the data for the various addons for KaiTak (I take it Casablanca is also an obsolete airport).  PMDG should not need to reinstall SIDs/STARs, not sure about the others off hand.

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mike777 said:

I take it you still have a much older navigation database installed? 

No, no. That was just a screengrab from the Tutorial PDF. I am in fact a bona fide subscriber to Navigraph's Cycles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, trisho0 said:

missing waypoint (DVR4G) is from fs9

And it is also in the original FSX Tutorial and if as Mike has pointed out, you are using the latest AIRAC Cycel, then you will not see that SID there too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Big differences.

I was more or less referring 'in theory' there are not a great deal of differences in each respective aircraft's FMC. After all they come from the same Boeing production line. It's like you jump into a GM Chevrolet of a Cad, manual. Both would more or less have the same stick-shift.

Anyway, Good Luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Mike777 said:

You can get an idea of SIDs and STARs by looking at the charts for Heathrow at this link:

http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/index.php%3Foption=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=94&Itemid=143.html

I picked DET2G because the endpoint DET (Detling) is near DVR (Dover).

Yes each time you will have to reinstall some of the data for the various addons for KaiTak (I take it Casablanca is also an obsolete airport).  PMDG should not need to reinstall SIDs/STARs, not sure about the others off hand.

Mike

I can see several of those Charts from that link and really hard for me to understand but learning and not giving up. About SID of DET2G I will navigate tonight after work. Thanks a lot Mike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now