Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

TFDi Design Release 717 for P3D V4

16 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

After waiting literally years for the Aerosoft CRJ 700/900,  I bought the B717. It's a pretty nice rendition, but recently I installed the beta version of the B717 for P3d V4, thinking that it would be a good  step up. Unfortunately, the frame rate hit is pretty significant in V4, even for a complex tubeliner (15-20 vs. 35-40). TFDI is still working on improving performance in V4, so it probably won't be too long before the two versions give comparable performance. I'd say on a very narrow scale with the low end being the Aerosoft A320/21 and upper end being the NGX, the TFDI B717 is somewhat closer to the NGX end of the scale and definitely worth the price, at least for P3d V3.

Did you try going into the manager and checking the Render Hardware to on? I was getting fps  all over the place and stutters. Then I checked the render hardware to on and what a difference! Very smooth and PMDG frames. Steady 33-35 with add on scenery,etc.

Thanks I'll try that. There's a thread  on TFDI message  board regarding  poor FPS in V4 and I've never seen any suggestions to do so.

8 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Yes . Quite good aircraft reminding me of the good old SAS MD80/90's days. I also struggling a bit with performance. Lower fps than the PMDG fleet. 

Thanks Michael Moe

The one feature  that's been missing is the ability  to load and store a flight plan to a standardized file. When TFDI gets around to it, I hope that they adopt either the PMDG or Aerosoft file format if possible.

33 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The one feature  that's been missing is the ability  to load and store a flight plan to a standardized file. When TFDI gets around to it, I hope that they adopt either the PMDG or Aerosoft file format if possible.

You can now store and retrieve a flight plan (in the FMC under Menu -> Maintenance). Simbrief.com even exports flight plans in TFDi 717 format.

Peter

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

As Peter said, use www.simbrief.com (free, and excellent) to create a flight plan and it can be exported in the TFDi's native format.   Then just place the file into your Documents/TFDi Design/717 folder.     Then just pop the icao codes into the 717's FMC and it loads right up.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Well, that really wasn't my point, but the present file feature  is better than nothing, especially  since it's a beta and early on it was frustrating  to get  a CTD and start all over again with programming  the FMC.

1 hour ago, ieydis said:

Bullony!   I'm on that board and have made this suggestion more than once.  :biggrin:

http://forums.tfdidesign.com/index.php?/topic/2522-fps-performance/

Ilya 

I haven't looked at that thread during the past week. My mistake. I thought that  it was interesting  that of all the people  complaining about performance in that thread, no one endorsed this suggestion, even the TFDI  staff  member. The official  response was that they were still working  on improving  performance. In the mean time I tried this and it didn't make a whole lot of difference  that I could see with my GTX 1080.

So the hardware render didn't work? What video drivers you using? Cpu? Overclocked'? In an not curious as to why my fps is better. Could easily be our p3d settings but let's try and find out

Not that I could tell. It was the  same 15-20 FPS at ground level and a bit higher in the air. No other complex aircraft does this in V4. I could get by with that but it also triggered the infamous V4 "no autogen loading" problem. Specs..

Win10 Creator's 

nVidia 384.76

EVGA GTX 1080 FTW slightly  manually OCed.

I7-6700k OCed @ 4.5, liquid cooling

I can usually run with IQ settings almost all maxed out except shadows at medium. Reducing various graphics settings made no difference. Changing the traffic limiter in FSUIPC from 150 to 10 made no difference indicating that it's probably  not CPU bound. I agree that it's some IQ setting but since I  run at 4k I only use 2x MSSA.

I'll just keep using the 717 in V3 where I don't have this issue.

TFDI pushed out a new Beta update this evening. Hope it fixes some of the performance issues.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I would also like to say that the TFDi Design Add-on Manager is the best update manager I have found in FlightSim so far.

Has always worked flawlessly for me and appears very well designed and visually appealing.

The plane is also excellent.

Well done guys!