Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

P3D v4 stutters after ~3-4 hours of flight

Dxtory is making problems for me in V3. You can use MSI Afterburner + RivaTuner instead.

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

I've been getting stutters as well....I lockl my frames at 30 which it very stable, however, I get a lot of stutters. I am running ChasePlane with the PMDG 777. VSYNC & Triple Buffer is turned on. Could PTA cause any of this? Closing AS16 did not change anything. When I got to the spotview outside I get no stutters.

Also when I set FPS unlimited it seems to be better. I would rather keep it locked at 30, no?

Thanks!

Clem

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

I stopped and restarted AS16 and that did seemed to help the stutters.  Very annoying on landing to have them when smooth on take off and most of the flight.  I stopped ASCA and used Pr3d v4 clouds and that seemed to help a bit.  Will keep testing.  Anyone else find this helps?

Thanks

Darcy Coutts

Does everybody who gets the stutters after a few hours use the Navigraph Simlink beta? People seem to be reporting that could be the cause over at the Navigraph forums: https://www.navigraph.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=4654&sid=fa1ea985f39de19ef65b50979e176798 (registration required). 

I have it too and hadn't thought to look there, but I do track my flights with it since it was released. Will try it on my next flight.

• Upvote 1

----

Kenneth Verburg, Netherlands

1 hour ago, KenVerburg said:

Does everybody who gets the stutters after a few hours use the Navigraph Simlink beta? People seem to be reporting that could be the cause over at the Navigraph forums: https://www.navigraph.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=4654&sid=fa1ea985f39de19ef65b50979e176798 (registration required). 

I have it too and hadn't thought to look there, but I do track my flights with it since it was released. Will try it on my next flight.

Good find!  I am indeed using SimLink with the new Desktop Charts beta.  Will uninstall and try another long haul to see if I can reproduce.

Doesn't look like I'm using it :(

I double checked it in remove programs and I don't see Simlink. 

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

7 hours ago, KenVerburg said:

Interesting, I have simlink running and get stutters after a long flight.

Not rating simlink very highly, as it is always dropping out and saying it can't connect. I will uninstall it for now.

I will try a transatlantic flight without it, maybe UK2000 EGCC to FSDT KJFK.

May be a couple or three days to get time to do it though.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

I did a return run from the flight that caused the stutters last time.  This time around I removed SimLink prior to firing up the sim.  Had the aircraft sit on the tarmac at Fort-de-France (FDF) for about 2 1/2 hours prior to departure, planned my flight, programmed everything, took off and went to bed.  I woke up this morning at cruise about an hour prior to ToD for Paris Orly (ORY) and guess what?  No stutters!

I will do further tests to confirm but so far it looks like it was indeed SimLink causing the issue for me.

• Upvote 1

iam oldschool run W7, no problem with stutters (no simlink) did a 18hour total flightime in 777 no reload of the sim.

7700k Ht on AM 245, gtx 1080TI, EZdocV2,Asca-AS , Orbx global , europe,norway.

4K 49inch Samsung , vsync on and triplebuffering , Ansi x16, 4xssaa

the system is quite fast, a screen with the PMDG 777-300 at LEMG.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zd9kyadh7brxg1f/Malaga 777-300.png?dl=0

21 hours ago, Bunchy said:

Interesting, I have simlink running and get stutters after a long flight.

Not rating simlink very highly, as it is always dropping out and saying it can't connect. I will uninstall it for now.

I will try a transatlantic flight without it, maybe UK2000 EGCC to FSDT KJFK.

May be a couple or three days to get time to do it though.

Stu

I completed this flight last night and I'm pleased to say no stutters without simlink.

Happy days, well chuffed I am.

Stu

• Upvote 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

On 7/5/2017 at 1:09 AM, KenVerburg said:

I saw the post on the Navigraph forums, and although I am using Desktop Charts, I didn't run the SimLink.exe that permits you to track your flight on their moving map.  So, I didn't think that could have been causing my stutters.  But, several pointed out that the Add-on.cfg file [in the \\...AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folder] causes the Simlink.dll to startup with the sim, so the .dll was indeed running.  I disabled Simlink.dll in the Add-on.cfg file [changed the ACTIVE switch to "false"] and my stutters appear to be history!

I'm thrilled this was discovered.  No doubt Navigraph will get that solved before their final release.

• Upvote 2

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

1 hour ago, dmiannay said:

I saw the post on the Navigraph forums, and although I am using Desktop Charts, I didn't run the SimLink.exe that permits you to track your flight on their moving map.  So, I didn't think that could have been causing my stutters.  But, several pointed out that the Add-on.cfg file [in the \\...AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folder] causes the Simlink.dll to startup with the sim, so the .dll was indeed running.  I disabled Simlink.dll in the Add-on.cfg file [changed the ACTIVE switch to "false"] and my stutters appear to be history!

I'm thrilled this was discovered.  No doubt Navigraph will get that solved before their final release.

I'll have to check but I uninstalled Desktop Charts....Shouldn't that uninstall the .dll? Or would I still need to remove it manually?

2 minutes ago, Le Français said:

I'll have to check but I uninstalled Desktop Charts....Shouldn't that uninstall the .dll? Or would I still need to remove it manually?

Almost certainly that would have removed the .dll file.  Just check the Add-ons.cfg file to see if it is still there.  You should be fine.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Just now, dmiannay said:

Almost certainly that would have removed the .dll file.  Just check the Add-ons.cfg file to see if it is still there.  You should be fine.

I'll check later today. I already uninstalled Desktop Charts and I'm still getting stutters....Will report back.

Just now, Le Français said:

I'll check later today. I already uninstalled Desktop Charts and I'm still getting stutters....Will report back.

And this is after a multiple of hours, not right from the start, correct? Because as far as I know everybody has this after a few hours.

----

Kenneth Verburg, Netherlands