egntpilot

PMDG 747 V3 BOAC repaint request

Hi

I've just put a request in the repaint requests section of the forum, I'm adding a link here in case one of the highly talented painters who frequent this board might take a look. (if this is against the rules then I'm happy for the moderators to delete this thread)

Cheers

Steve Mckenna

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Odd request.  BOAC became BA in 74, the B744 was launched in 89.

I suppose it's not beyond the realms of possibility that BA might have considered painting one of their 747s up in BOAC colours for some kind of anniversary celebration, as airlines are occasionally wont to do with older liveries. You never know, BA might even do that when they bid the 747 farewell, after all, BA do use the Speedbird callsign they gained from the name of the old Imperial Airways and subsequent BOAC logo, it was even on BA aeroplanes until the mid eighties, albeit not as the tail logo.

14 minutes ago, downscc said:

Odd request.  BOAC became BA in 74, the B744 was launched in 89.

Hi Dan,

why odd?

I am aware the livery wasn't on the 747-400 and I don't care,I just like the look of the livery,there are plenty of PMDG fictional liveries out there, as I mentioned in the original post, even a BOAC livery for the 777. 

I know some simmers only fly authentic liveries and others only fly real world routes with real world liveries and equipment, the beauty of Flight Simulation is we can all use the sim the way we want. 

I fly using real world procedures, plan with PFPX and TOPCAT, use real world weather and try as best as possible to use real world procedures, SID's and STAR's etc however I don't care that the livery I fly doesn't fly to the airport I fly to, or that that the airline didn't fly the aircraft i'm flying.

My last two flights have been with the 747-400 in the PMDG Northwest livery, flying from Barcelona to Zurich and Zurich to Athens. I picked that livery because I think it looks good and that makes me happy. Just as the guys who fly real world flights and equipment makes them happy and I'm glad we can have so much diversity in how we use the sim.

It's a shame that  someone of your standing in the community makes what appears to me anyway a negative comment about how a fellow simmer wants to use his sim

Steve Mckenna

Wow... just said it was odd. Didn't mean to offend you.

Hi Dan

That's my point, why do you think its odd? That I don't use my sim the way you use yours?

Anyway all I want is a livery, if it doesn't happen, so be it and i'm sure PMDG don't need their forum cluttered up with non PMDG related discussion so I'll leave it at that.

Steve Mckenna