Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

7 minutes ago, ORDspotter said:

I am thinking about getting a 25" 1440p monitor. Is that too small of a size?

It will look good, but 1080p will look good at 25". If it were me, at 1440p I would look for a 32".

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MarkDH said:

It will look good, but 1080p will look good at 25". If it were me, at 1440p I would look for a 32".

Yeah, it may be a little small for 1440p now that I think about it. I was also thinking about a 27" 4K monitor

5 minutes ago, MarkDH said:

+1. I upgraded my monitor last year and looked initially at a 27" 2560x1440 monitor which had a great display but for FSX, which I use, the text in the menus was just too small for me to read comfortably (it doesn't scale with the display resolution). I bought a 32" 2560x1440 display and couldn't be happier.

Hi guys

I am thinking of getting a 29" 21:9 2560x1080 ultra wide monitor for P3D. Can anyone give any comment on if this would be a good choice?

Thanks

John 

I've been using a 4K TV for the last 8 months, and love it!  Some believe that 4K TVs are better than monitors (I have no idea), but I also can use the TV as, well, a Smart TV (online streaming services, cable etc.).  It accents my other three 23 inch LCD monitors.

Best wishes.

7 hours ago, johnbla said:

I am thinking of getting a 29" 21:9 2560x1080 ultra wide monitor for P3D. Can anyone give any comment on if this would be a good choice?

Again, it depends on what you're comparing it to. At 29" a 21:9 monitor is kind of small for flight sim, but obviously you're going to get a better horizontal FOV than a regular 1080p monitor. Think of your regular monitor expanding outwards a bit at the sides. If you have the space and the money and you really want a 21:9, go as big as you can, which last time I looked was 34" (with one exception that was outrageously expensive). It's still not really that big when you compare it to a three-screen setup.

Personally I would be more likely to shoot for a 4K because of the aspect ratio. A 50" 4K will be much more versatile than a 34" ultra-wide, assuming your computer will drive it.