Sign in to follow this  
harun

747/777 p3d v4 Dynamic Light FPS Dropp

2 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

I just did a takeoff at FB KMSP with Dynamic light on (only landing lights) in the PMDG777 and noticed AI Traffic also has a HUGE impact . Looks amazing btw. :cool:

GTX970 SLI

So try without any Traffic

Thanks Michael Moe

Latest 777 version? An update was released 2 hours ago requiring an uninstall/reinstall.

19 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Latest 777 version? An update was released 2 hours ago requiring an uninstall/reinstall.

Sorry 

Old version

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

46 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

Interesting opinon of LM regarding PMDGs legacy/dynamic lighting:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=125816&start=15

What I understood from it is that of course they will improve the feature but that PMDG should also do their part and provide the feature for those that do not wish to run with DL on.

Common sense really.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

exactly, and I hope it will be this way.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Just tested all three after todays updates and all have dynamic lighting fps issues.

Still gettingbat least 10 Fps off what i was getting prior to rollback now two updates back.

Using the Hud the 737 is worse than either the 777 or 747 by some margin.

Best fps i have seen was before the big rollback where my 747 was flying.

Not sure what the issues are and why we have lost all the frames.

Darren Howie

6 minutes ago, DEHowie said:

Just tested all three after todays updates and all have dynamic lighting fps issues.

Still gettingbat least 10 Fps off what i was getting prior to rollback now two updates back.

The sucks to hear... :mellow:

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

3 hours ago, DEHowie said:

Running at 4K resolution by any chance?

12 hours ago, B777ER said:

Well I'm on 4k. My frames will not be as good then. 

The frame rate is work by P3D, has nothing to do with screen size.  That is work done by the GPU.  My frame rates at 4K are the same as 1K, just looks a whole lot better.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 7/6/2017 at 9:55 AM, w6kd said:

Mir has a good in-depth explanation of the GPU workload issues associated with P3Dv4 dynamic lighting and complex arrays of ground polygons in his support forum at flightbeam.net

Regards

I'm sorry I scoured the KMSP subforum there and cannot find anything of the sort. Can you link the topic you mentioned please?

Didn't know what was causing my fps drop on pushback, now I see I am looking down at the throttles on my aircraft but this is where GSX has the pushback truck and their dynamic lights. I hope LM is looking into this - David Lee

At cruise now, flying into the sun is 10fps in cruise because of dynamic lights. This is not the fault of any developer it must be addressed by LM. I can use MSAA with no fps loss. - David Lee

1 hour ago, 777200lrf said:

At cruise now, flying into the sun is 10fps in cruise because of dynamic lights. This is not the fault of any developer it must be addressed by LM. I can use MSAA with no fps loss. - David Lee

Until they fix it I recommend 8x MSAA, 8x Supersampling in inspector (NOT SPARSE GRID) + Driver FXAA on. This will give you a cheap version of ingame 8x SSAA. It's a little shimmery but until they fix it it's fine.

Another downside is that you must manually add mipmaps to your planes. This will take care of antialiasing on your plane's textures.

• Upvote 2

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png