Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

The NGX received it's fist major update in 18+ months!

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

They did the 747 first then the 777 then the 777-300........................then the NG, now there doing the 600-700. Its not "months" on the NG.

Anyway it is what it is. After FSL A320 comes out I will go v4.

there is  more  than  1 person  working  for  pmdg so my guess  they  were  working  simultaneously on them

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, PMDG777 said:

They're not idiots you know. 

What! !!!!!

show me were anyone thought so or even hinted that they were? 

I don't know if they worked on them simultaneously nor to you or Peter, but they had a clear order from the start on the order they were going to come out. Seems like they worked through them systematically. But I don't know and nor do you.

Read this very carefully.

The 747v2 converted to 64bit was not called "major"

The 777 and the 777-300 converted to 64bit was not called "major" 

The updated to the ng itself in PMDG own words was called "minor" So what is the "major" bit?  if it was because of it being converted to 64bit why call it, and it alone "major"? 

There has been hopes for years they would do a SP1 to make the VC frount windows right also WX uploads in the FMC etc, they to me would be "major" updates.

Each to there own.

Anyway I don't care, like I said before it is what it is. I just wanted to know what was "major"

If you're happy to call a upgrade to 64bt that they promise us for paying full price again for the v3 "major" then am happy for you.

Look forward to going to v4 with the NG just need the FSL A320 before I change over.

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

What! !!!!!

show me were anyone thought so or even hinted that they were? 

I don't know if they worked on them simultaneously nor to you or Peter, but they had a clear order from the start on the order they were going to come out. Seems like they worked through them systematically. But I don't know and nor do you.

Their release order doesn't necessarily mean that was the order they were worked on. You haven't accounted for the fact that they can work on multiple projects simultaneously and that some take longer in others, prime example being the NGX took way longer than the 747 because it is a lot older code.

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Read this very carefully.

The 747v2 converted to 64bit was not called "major"

The 777 and the 777-300 converted to 64bit was not called "major" 

The updated to the ng itself in PMDG own words was called "minor" So what is the "major" bit?  if it was because of it being converted to 64bit why call it, and it alone "major"? 

Because the NGX code was at least 6 year old code originally designed only for 32 bit operation. Both the 777 and 747 were developed with the thought that a 64 bit conversion will be required in the future. Hence the NGX was a major update because it required a LOT more work on the base code in order to make it 64 bit compatible. This much has been made obvious by the PMDG guys who have said before that it requires a lot of code rewriting etc.

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

There has been hopes for years they would do a SP1 to make the VC frount windows right also WX uploads in the FMC etc, they to me would be "major" updates.

Nowhere at any time did PMDG say that there would be new features or fixes to the NGX, it was always going to be a 64 bit compatibility update only. Also, the front VC windows has been discussed to death and the reasons behind why it is so has been made clear countless times.

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Each to there own.

Anyway I don't care, like I said before it is what it is. I just wanted to know what was "major"

If you're happy to call a upgrade to 64bt that they promise us for paying full price again for the v3 "major" then am happy for you.

Look forward to going to v4 with the NG just need the FSL A320 before I change over.

It seems your salty about YOUR misunderstanding what PMDG's plan was with this update. As I said, there was never at any point an announcement saying that bugs would be fixed and new features introduced during this update, it always was going to be 64 bit only. The fact you took major update to mean otherwise is by your own doing, not PMDG's.

First: knock it off.

Second: we've made it clear for quite some time that the update to get our stuff into v4 would be compatibility only. For those waiting for the NGX to be updated, they were given clear indications in that the 744 and 777 updates were compatibility only. It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect the same of the NGX, particularly when we also stated that this would be the case.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, PMDG777 said:

doesn't necessarily mean 

That sums up your argument perfectly.

You talk like you work for PMDG and have  insight to their working, really!. as you put it YOU don't. :laugh:

Here we go again "salty", all I asked if you stop twisting every word or trying to, it was a simple question or are you sycophantic to not see that?

Am not "salty" or even disappointed I just asked a question. 

On 7/12/2017 at 9:42 AM, Nyxx said:

Would like to know what the "major update in 18+ months" are?

Take a deep breath and read my OP question. Its was not hard and your reply are frankly worthless.

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

First: knock it off.

Second: we've made it clear for quite some time that the update to get our stuff into v4 would be compatibility only. For those waiting for the NGX to be updated, they were given clear indications in that the 744 and 777 updates were compatibility only. It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect the same of the NGX, particularly when we also stated that this would be the case.

It's not unreasonable at all Kyle. 

If people think this is a "major" update fine. I simple asked what the "major" update entailed. Sadly you have people on here who want to speak for you like they have insight into your working.

Very funny to read:laugh:

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

About an hour ago, I said knock it off. I'd recommend heeding that advice. Continuing to prod someone after my earlier post is in rather poor taste.

Kyle Rodgers